Hotels Worlds 2016 | Golden Skate

Hotels Worlds 2016

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
According to the website for the event, there are ten hotels or so listed as official hotels. As far as I know the ISU has not announced the skaters hotel yet, does anyone have any ideas? Many of the hotels listed at the site for Worlds2016 have already booked up (for the special discounted rates)... yikes. :eek:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thanks dorispulaski. I appreciate your advice, but I want to stay in the skater's hotel if I can. I did that before and it's cool as you see them all around the place. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, if they are full already, you'll have to go on every day looking for a room, or you'll have to buy a tour.

As to which is the skater's hotel, I can't say, but for Nationals, it was a Hilton because they are a TV sponsor of skating in the US. So if I were to guess, I'd guess a Hilton.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks dorispulaski. I appreciate your advice, but I want to stay in the skater's hotel if I can. I did that before and it's cool as you see them all around the place. :biggrin:

If you end up staying at the 'wrong' place, you may still be able to nonchalantly hang around the lobby of the skaters hotel.

And before that, you could hang around Logan airport (fun stuff) ... and maybe you will be lucky enough to experience something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4yTEuL3K0I :biggrin:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
If you end up staying at the 'wrong' place, you may still be able to nonchalantly hang around the lobby of the skaters hotel.

And before that, you could hang around Logan airport (fun stuff) ... and maybe you will be lucky enough to experience something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4yTEuL3K0I :biggrin:

Actually, on the way home from COC, I saw her walking to the gate. She did not look very happy (as in this video) so I respected her privacy and left her be. :rolleye:

shyne

Final Flight
TD Garden is in an excellent part of Boston. Hotels around that area are excellent as well. As for where skaters stay, all I can say is give them some privacy. Let them focus/concentrate on the competition instead of stopping them for photos and autographs.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope those rooms are still available if I can go....even if it's only for the men's FP. But hopefully I can go. And my nails will be so cool-looking if I go.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
TD Garden is in an excellent part of Boston. Hotels around that area are excellent as well. As for where skaters stay, all I can say is give them some privacy. Let them focus/concentrate on the competition instead of stopping them for photos and autographs.

I have stayed at the skater hotel for several events over the last two years, and I have never bothered them for an autograph or a photo. I just like seeing athletes that I admire out and about. Last year, it was cool to have a drink at the hotel bar and see some coaches celebrating or commiserating together, or seeing the skaters at breakfast. I never disturbed any of them.

The one time I talked to someone was in Shanghai. I was in the elevator riding down, one of the ladies (who later medaled) got in the elevator after me. Both being foreigners I guess, she smiled. She asked if I'd been outside and how the weather was. I answered and then wished her good luck the following day. That was it. But it was a nice memory.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I moved from the Sonesta to the Westin to be with Mrs. P, and this morning I got this from the Boston LOC....oh well, Easy Come, Easy go...guess I eat Cherrios! ;)

Dear Royal Sonesta Boston Guests,

The Royal Sonesta Boston and Worlds Local Organizing Committee have partnered to create the "Royal Sonesta Boston Welcomes the World" package! This package is available to anyone that has booked a room at the Royal Sonesta Boston and purchased an all-event ticket through the Local Organizing Committee.

The package includes:
-Full America Breakfast for up to two (2) guests per day (additional guests will be extra)
-Self-parking in covered garage adjacent to hotel; per room, per night
-A week's pass on the MBTA with convenient 2 stop access to the TD Garden
-Official program book
-Official souvenir pin
(MBTA passes, program books and souvenir pins will be distributed based on number of all-event tickets purchased)

If you have already purchased an all-event ticket through the Local Organizing Committee please confirm your order by emailing Andrew at [email protected]. If you are interested in purchasing special all-event tickets to receive the package please email [email protected].

If anyone has any questions please let me know! We look forward to welcoming you to Boston!

Sincerely,
Andrew Reed

winky97

Medalist
OK, I moved from the Sonesta to the Westin to be with Mrs. P, and this morning I got this from the Boston LOC....oh well, Easy Come, Easy go...guess I eat Cherrios! ;)

Dear Royal Sonesta Boston Guests,

The Royal Sonesta Boston and Worlds Local Organizing Committee have partnered to create the "Royal Sonesta Boston Welcomes the World" package! This package is available to anyone that has booked a room at the Royal Sonesta Boston and purchased an all-event ticket through the Local Organizing Committee.

The package includes:
-Full America Breakfast for up to two (2) guests per day (additional guests will be extra)
-Self-parking in covered garage adjacent to hotel; per room, per night
-A week's pass on the MBTA with convenient 2 stop access to the TD Garden
-Official program book
-Official souvenir pin
(MBTA passes, program books and souvenir pins will be distributed based on number of all-event tickets purchased)

If you have already purchased an all-event ticket through the Local Organizing Committee please confirm your order by emailing Andrew at [email protected]. If you are interested in purchasing special all-event tickets to receive the package please email [email protected].

If anyone has any questions please let me know! We look forward to welcoming you to Boston!

Sincerely,
Andrew Reed

They are trying to lure u back! They are trying to see if this compete with Mrs. P.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They are trying to lure u back! They are trying to see if this compete with Mrs. P.

LOL! Well, NOTHIN' competes with Mrs. P! There are some downsides to the Sonesta.
1. $229 vs $205 for the Westin so 24 bucks plus 15 percent equals about 27 bucks difference.....
2. The Sonesta is quite a walk to either T.
3. Dash is based out of the Sonesta....
4. There is an airport shuttle bus nearby the Westin

Maybe the Westin will throw in an egg McMuffin?

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
For anyone still looking for a hotel, I just called Westin on a whim and discovered that a few rooms had opened up in the ISU Block. Call 617-262-9600 and ask for Westin In House Reservation.

euroskate

Final Flight
According to the website for the event, there are ten hotels or so listed as official hotels. As far as I know the ISU has not announced the skaters hotel yet, does anyone have any ideas? Many of the hotels listed at the site for Worlds2016 have already booked up (for the special discounted rates)... yikes. :eek:

In the announcement and first info it says the Boston Marriott copley Place is the official Hotel for the ISU Family. Other Hotels which cooperate are the colonnade Hotel, four seasons Hotel, westin copley place, midtown hotel

Liz1201

Rinkside
Reminder/Bump for those of us whose hotel reservations are due in full in the next day or two.

someday

Rinkside
Anyone else finding it difficult to find reasonably priced accommodations? I'm hoping to fly from Vancouver, Canada, but can't find anything reasonably (under $130 USD). Even AirBnb is quite expensive.

winky97

Medalist
Anyone else finding it difficult to find reasonably priced accommodations? I'm hoping to fly from Vancouver, Canada, but can't find anything reasonably (under $130 USD). Even AirBnb is quite expensive.

You can find that rate, but you will not be located in a convenient area. I just bit the bullet and went with one of the arranged hotels. Search hotels.com.