New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You, too, can start one any time you like. We do not delete them. If you build it, they will come!

The first post need not be elaborate.

Here's a typical first post (In this case, Julia Lipnitskaya):

She is so great! I hope she'll make the gpf and WIN it haha:love:...
She is UNIQUE! One in a....thousand) Her spins are her trademark!

Later some mod may come by and do a Summer Fan Fest Fete Update and put in lots of links to vids and articles, but you needn't put in any links at all in your first post unless you want to. BTW, Getting this kind of an update is one of the benefits of starting a Fan Fest.

So please, come join the fun!

Here's our Index of Fan Fest threads.
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?37783-Please-read-before-posting-Rules-Links-to-Skaters
It is stickied to the top of the Fan Fest Forum. The skaters' names are clickable links to their respective threads. If a skater you like is missing, do add them.

If you're in a smaller federation, you might consider adding a Team link like these excellent ones:

Australian Figure Skaters
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41646-Australian-figure-skaters

or

Promising Latvian Skaters
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?54206-Promising-Latvian-skaters

There are lots of great skaters and teams who don't have threads yet .:drama::cry:

Here are a few of our orphans that are still waiting for fans to adopt them and give them a fan fest home:

American

Austrian

Australian

Belarus

Canadian

Chinese
Yi Wang
He Zhang

Estonian

French
Anais Ventard

Georgian

German

Hong Kong
Maisy Hiu Ching Ma

Hungarian

Israel

Italian

Alessandra Cernushchi & Filippo Ambrosini, ITA
Italian Team

Japan

Korean
June Hyoung Lee

Latvian

Malaysia

Polish

Russian

Slovakian

Slovenia

Spanish
Celia Robledo & Luis Fenero
Javier Raya

Sweden

Taiwan
Amy Lin

Turkish

Ukrainian

ANY AND ALL SYNCHRO

ADOPTIONS IN PROGRESS

Viktoria Helgesson, adopted. b.y snowflake
Sei Kawahara by Perdita

GOLDEN SKATE ADOPTEES
:cheer: to the new sponsors :)

Alisa Agafonova & Alper Ucar ADOPTED
Dmitri Aliev ADOPTED updated
Elladj Baldé ADOPTED
Haley Beavers ADOPTED by Layback11
Alina Beletskaya ADOPTED
Hayleigh Bell & Rudi Swiegers ADOPTED updated
Chafik Besseghier ADOPTED
Alexei Bychenko ADOPTED updated
Jessica Calalang & Zack Sidhu ADOPTED updated
Anastasia Cannuscio & Colin McManus ADOPTED updated
Marisa Castelli & Mervin Tran ADOPTED updated
Alaine Chartrand ADOPTED updated
Nathan Chen ADOPTED updated
Da Bin Choi ADOPTED updated
Kailani Craine ADOPTED
Gabrielle Daleman ADOPTED updated
Dasa Grm ADOPTED by Alex D
Kim Deguise Léveillée ADOPTED updated
Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise ADOPTED updated
Timothy Dolensky ADOPTED updated
Gretchen Donlan & Nate Bartholomay ADOPTED updated
Lina Fedorova & Maxim Miroshkin RUS ADOPTED updated
Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen ADOPTED updated
Marta Garcia ADOPTED updated
Elene Gedevanishvili ADOPTED
Maria Golubtsova & Kirill Belubrov ADOPTED
Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri ADOPTED updated
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier. ADOPTED updated
Brooklee Han ADOPTED by Alex D
Joshi Helgesson ADOPTED updated
Jorik Hendrickx ADOPTED updated
Emi Hirai & Marien de la Asuncion ADOPTED updated
Grant Hochstein ADOPTED
Sara Hurtado & Adria Diaz. ADOPTED updated
Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres ADOPTED updated
Natalia Kaliszek & Maksym Spodyriev ADOPTED updated
Riona Kato ADOPTED updated
Viktoria Kavaliova & Yurii Bieliaiev ADOPTED updated
Rebecka Kim & Kirill Minov ADOPTED updated
Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea ADOPTED updated
Brendan Kerry ADOPTED
Hae-Jin Kim ADOPTED
Jin Seo Kim ADOPTED
Mikhail Kolyada ADOPTED updated
Angelina Kuchvalska ADOPTED updated
Moris Kvitelashvili by Perdita ADOPTED
Sonia Lafuente ADOPTED updated
Vivian Le ADOPTED
Laurine Lecavelier ADOPTED updated
Dee Dee Leng & Simon Shnapir ADOPTED updated
Alena Leonova ADOPTED updated
Peter Liebers ADOPTED
Veronik Mallet ADOPTED updated
Valentina Marchei & Ondrej Hotarek ADOPTED updated
Jenna McCorkell ADOPTED updated
Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter ADOPTED
Maé-Bérénice Méité ADOPTED updated
Keegan Messing ADOPTED
Konstantin Menshov. ADOPTED updated
Daisuke Murakami ADOPTED updated
Miyu Nakashio ADOPTED updated
Alexandra Nazarova & Maxim Nikitin ADOPTED updated
Miyabi Oba ADOPTED
Isabelle Olsson ADOPTED updated
Nicole Orford & Asher Hill ADOPTED
Élisabeth Paradis & François-Xavier Ouellette. CAN ADOPTED updated
Rachel & Michael.Parsons ADOPTED updated
Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam ADOPTED updated
Elliana Pogrebinsky & Alex Benoit ADOPTED updated
Romain Ponsart ADOPTED
Roxanne Rheault ADOPTED updated
Ivan Righini ADOPTED
Roberta Rodeghiero ADOPTED
Daniel Samohin ADOPTED updated
Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim ADOPTED updated
Nicole Schott ADOPTED
Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau ADOPTED updated
Team Spain ADOPTED updated
Team Cyprus ADOPTED updated
Federica Testa & Lukas Csolley SVK ADOPTED updated
Ivett Toth ADOPTED
Deniss Vasiljevs ADOPTED
Angela Wang ADOPTED updated
Wang Shiyue & Liu Xinyu ADOPTED updated
Johnny Weir ADOPTED
Yu Xiaoyang & Wang Chen ADOPTED updated
Julian Zhi Jie Yee ADOPTED by OniBan
Zhao Yue & Zheng Xun ADOPTED updated
Tiffany Zahorski & Jonathon Guerreiro ADOPTED updated
Selena Zhao ADOPTED
Miriam Ziegler & Severin Kiefer ADOPTED

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Paula just started a number of threads for juniors who have done well on the JGP this season. The OPs of each of these threads is the very brief Wikipedia type at this time.

All of these kids need real OP adopters to update their OPs. If you are interested in any of them, please PM me and I will swap over the ownership of the OP to you.

The one requirement is that you do not edit the initial sentence Paula wrote, because that is what will show as a teaser in a Google search.

I hope a few of you will adopt some of these talented kids!

Argentina

Canada​

Czech Republic

Japan​

Latvia​

Russia​

Ukraine​

USA​

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Great idea & post!

Will you be editing this post - adding new orphans, removing those who have been given a home etc? I'm thinking your post could be like a permanent "FF Orphanage" ;)

I would gladly adopt Seguin/Bilodeau but since I don't speak French, I might find it more difficult to write link/interview descriptions.

If Gilles/Poirier are still homeless, I am definitely prepared to give them a loving home :)

ETA: Noticed that you just added skaters and got thinking: Languages!

I enjoy reading articles/watching interviews/looking at skaters' IG postings, but I don't speak Spanish or French. Like I'll watch an interview with S/B, but it's in French and I get frustrated because it seems interesting/fun but I don't understand what they're saying.

I'm wondering if the multilingual people on this forum would have time/interest to add short translations to the links, either a sentence or two just after it, or a link to a longer translation written in a post somewhere down the thread?

I myself would be happy to do this for any Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian & Icelandic stuff. What do you think?

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Hi
I did the Astakhova/Rogonov thread and I will also post the Marchei/Hotarek thread :)
Thanks you for letting us know! These guys are too great to not have a thread!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you for your generous offers!

One of the joys of Fan Fests is that fans are very often happy to do translations! This is one of the best things about the Julia Lipnitskaya and Yuzuru Hanyu threads. :) Some amazingly generous fans have even done translations of video documentaries :clap: :love:

Furthermore, because Fan Fest threads are relatively permanent, a request for a translation may be filled quite a while after it was made, too.

And yes, I will add new orphans and remove happy adoptees. This thread, when it seems to have run its course in the Edge, will be moved to Fan Fests forum in some fashion I have not yet decided on.

Another thing. Be sure to Subscribe to Fan Fests for skaters you particularly love. This can be done when you post an initial thread (Scroll down before you hit post)

Or from Thread Tools on the tool bar at the top of the thread.

If you pick Control Panel notifications, you can see all your notifications by clicking on Settings at top right corner of each page.

If a skater is a particular fav, you might decide to pick Email notification, and GS will email you at the address on file with us when your chosen thread is updated. (you can pick from daily, weekly, or instant notification)

Subscriptions can be edited and changed from your Settings/Profile pages, or by editing any post you make/have made on a thread.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Brilliant!

Anyone who would like something translated from 'my languages' above, please send me a pm and I'll help you out as soon as I can :)

Barb

Record Breaker
I am going to start the thread for Sara Hurtado and Adria Díaz

Layback11

Record Breaker
I started one for Piper Gilles & Paul Porier and shall do Alaine Chartrand's! :dance:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wonderful! I love them!

And do any of you have a good idea for how to handle translation requests?

What has happened in the past is that people put a request in a Fan Fest thread, and another would (if all went well) do a translation.

It would be nice if we had a better way to handle translation requests that would not put too great a burden on any of our volunteers. I have some thoughts, but so far have not gotten a super slick way to do it.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
And do any of you have a good idea for how to handle translation requests?

What has happened in the past is that people put a request in a Fan Fest thread, and another would (if all went well) do a translation.

It would be nice if we had a better way to handle translation requests that would not put too great a burden on any of our volunteers. I have some thoughts, but so far have not gotten a super slick way to do it.

Maybe create a TRANSLATION REQUESTS discussion either in the fan fest or in the edge. People post the articles, videos whatever they would like translated and other members can visit the thread if/when they want and translate what they can. This way, everybody can see the translation requests so there is more chances it will be translated than in individual fan threads for example. But also it doesn't put pressure on any member, they can just translate if/when they want.
Once it is translated, the original poster can then post in the individual fan pages

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Besides Gilles/Poirier, I did one for Alaine Chartrand and Gabrielle Daleman. My goal is to put up five of them, so I'll choose two more when I have time!

PS does anyone know if Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage have one?

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Maybe create a TRANSLATION REQUESTS discussion either in the fan fest or in the edge. People post the articles, videos whatever they would like translated and other members can visit the thread if/when they want and translate what they can. This way, everybody can see the translation requests so there is more chances it will be translated than in individual fan threads for example. But also it doesn't put pressure on any member, they can just translate if/when they want.
Once it is translated, the original poster can then post in the individual fan pages

This sounds good!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I've thought of starting a thread for Konstantin many a time, but I was worried it would just be me, myself and I posting there...but he does deserve one. I'll start it today. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Here's our Index of Fan Fest threads. It is stickied to the top of the Fan Fest Forum. The skaters' names are clickable links to their respective threads. If a skater you like is missing, do add them.

... PS does anyone know if Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage have one?

yes A&S have a thread. You can see their listing in the index thread.

Thanks to Doris and to everyone who has been starting new fan threads :).

Doris, I believe that you intended for your OP to give the direct link to the Index of fan threads?
In case anyone needs it, the direct link to the Index is:

Layback, hope you will post in the Maddie/Max thread :), which is only a couple of weeks old. The more, the merrier :yes:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks golden411!

I've thought of starting a thread for Konstantin many a time, but I was worried it would just be me, myself and I posting there...but he does deserve one. I'll start it today. :)

I am a fan :) And so is Mrs. P!

Konstantin was just wonderful at SKAM 2012 in Kent, Washington. We were both there.

Plus Konstantin's great SP and heartbreaking FS injury at WTT 2013 brought him other fans, I am sure.

He does very interesting programs and has a great 4t3t. :) :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks golden411!

I am a fan :) And so is Mrs. P!

Konstantin was just wonderful at SKAM 2012 in Kent, Washington. We were both there.

Plus Konstantin's great SP and heartbreaking FS injury at WTT 2013 brought him other fans, I am sure.

He does very interesting programs and has a great 4t3t. :) :love:

Yes I am a fan! He had the most interesting programs! Also I loved that his FS this season was dedicated to journalists who risk their lives to cover war torn areas.

Last edited: