New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

Layback11

Record Breaker
There's a skater I like (Hannah Miller) who doesn't have a fan fest, but she isn't on this list. Is it okay if I add her anyway?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There's a skater I like (Hannah Miller) who doesn't have a fan fest, but she isn't on this list. Is it okay if I add her anyway?

I'm not a mod, but I feel sure that the answer from Doris and the other mods would be a resounding Yes! Definitely OK. No permission needed.

I myself have been meaning to start a thread for Edwards/Pang.

I think Leng/Shnapir also should have one.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm not a mod, but I feel sure that the answer from Doris and the other mods would be a resounding Yes! Definitely OK. No permission needed.

I myself have been meaning to start a thread for Edwards/Pang.

I think Leng/Shnapir also should have one.

Hannah Miller Fan Fest is up and running!

caitie

Medalist
I can't find a thread for Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker, which surprises me. I did a search and looked through all five pages, though, and didn't see them. Should I start one?

Layback11

Record Breaker
I can't find a thread for Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker, which surprises me. I did a search and looked through all five pages, though, and didn't see them. Should I start one?

It's in the index...weird that it isn't listed on the pages!

caitie

Medalist

Yeah, I just saw that too and came back to comment on that... I think it's been put in the archives?

ETA: From the thread:

- Also is there any way we can get this thread moved back to the fanfest thread like it was intended? I'm not sure why/how it got switched to over here....but this was originially the "Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker" fanfest thread.

Sorry for the confusion. The Fan Fest forum is a place where people generally go to discuss their favorite and more well-known skaters. That doesn't mean that said skater(s) have to be well-known to be in the Fan Fest, but we'd like to see the new and "up-and-comers" in the Edge. We plan to move the thread (and similar ones) to Fan Fest at a later date

But it looks like it got put in the archive instead.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lotsa love for pairs today :)! Thanks to all for new threads for:
- Astakhova/Rogonov
- Scimeca/Knierim
- Marchei/Hotarek
- James/Cipres
- Castelli/Tran
- Moore-Towers/Marinaro
- Leng/Shnapir​

And thanks to Layback for adding a post to the Aaron/Settlage thread :).

Yeah, I just saw that too and came back to comment on that... I think it's been put in the archives? ....

Thanks for flagging the Hawayek/Baker hiccup. I'm sure that Doris soon will sort out how to proceed.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Will the list of 'orphans' be updated with new people in the future? I can think of a handful of skaters who still need Fan Fests!

This includes:

Cannuscio/McManus

Nazarova/Nikitin

Kayne/O'Shea

Riona Kato

Zhang Kexin

Bent/MacKeen

Parsons/Parsons

McNamara/Carpenter

Veronik Mallet

Alena Leonova

Hae-Jin Kim

More probably to come if I think of them!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to warn you all, for the past year or so, I had been dithering over whether to create a Fan Fest for Anna Ovcharova. But I kept deciding not to, in case it turned out too gushing and fanboy-ish! (A very real danger where she is concerned! :laugh: )

And then she announced her retirement, so I thought "there's not really much point now".

But, when Doris and Mrs. P started the Summer Fan Fest update, I liked the model they were using so much. I realised that if I stuck to the model, I could create a Fan Fest that would be THE place of reference for all things Anna, rather than just a gush fest.

So, last week, I started working on it, as an escape from looking at dresses and building past season calendars... :rolleye:

And then this thread came along.

So, in case anybody else is thinking of adopting her, hands off!!! She's mine!!! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! [We really need a "devil" emoticon on here!]

Although, I have to admit, I'm not too sure about the terminology of this thread. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of me "adopting" Anna... :slink: I'd much prefer to marry her!!! 😍 💑 ❤️

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Would you prefer the term curator? sponsor? :laugh2:

Or the Michelle Kwan fandom era term, Keeper? :eek: is my reaction to this last...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Would you prefer the term curator? sponsor? :laugh2:

Or the Michelle Kwan fandom era term, Keeper? :eek: is my reaction to this last...

Oh, don't worry about it. It was only a joke! ;) :laugh:

I do actually like the terminology you used. The thought of adopting a skater gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside! :)

But, given how much gushing I've done about Anna over the years, the thought of "adopting" her just seemed really surreal!

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
Cannuscio/McManus, Veronik Mallet, and Kayne/O'shea Fan Fests up!

#8FanFestsAndCounting!

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
She seemed so cute in the windows of YouTube, so I had to adopt Alena Leonova. ;)