New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So I was thinking about something.

Does anyone else think it might be nice to have some fan threads for the coaching teams in some cases? For instance Jason Brown's fan thread is often joked to be the unofficial team Koro thread, so what if we were to have team Koro thread? Cricket Club, Tom Z and maybe Rafael Arutunian (he is a top coach, but I don't know if i get the same sense of comradery from his skaters as some others) would be other good candidates.

This is not so much a request so much as something that I thought might be worth talking about. I am certainly aware the status quo might be the right way to do it, but thought it might be nice to talk about/think about. It might be nice to have a place to talk about some of the younger up and commer skaters in these little pockets of talent without having their own thread. Plus sometimes there is stuff that might be better in a joint thread as it applies to multiple skaters. I don't know enough about the Russians, but I suspect some good conversation could come from something like this.

I also maybe adopting some skaters that train locally in Colorado (thinking about Tyler Pierce and Chase Belmontes to start) as I just like to support the local ones. . . even if they are only temporarily local.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So I was thinking about something.

Does anyone else think it might be nice to have some fan threads for the coaching teams in some cases? For instance Jason Brown's fan thread is often joked to be the unofficial team Koro thread, so what if we were to have team Koro thread? Cricket Club, Tom Z and maybe Rafael Arutunian (he is a top coach, but I don't know if i get the same sense of comradery from his skaters as some others) would be other good candidates.

Yes, I've often wished there was a fan thread for Mishin or Eteri Tutberidze. The Cricket Club would be a good one too. We do talk about the coaches in the skater-specific threads, but not everyone reads every thread, of course, and some things just don't really fit (like if we want to talk about Moskvina & Mishin's school, or Eteri's old ice dance videos, etc).

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is a section of Fan Fests called Teams. Right now those teams are for countries (Latvia,Australia, for example) or for young skaters from a country (Promising Young etc) but there is no reason at all that there can't be a Team Mishin or a Team Koro.

Any section of skating that you want a fan fest for, please start a fan fest!

After all, there is a Skater's Pets fan fest. Anything is fine :).

This is your forum. We just try to make it possible to find things in it and keep it running without too many food fights.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I second that. In fact, if you start a Team Mishin or Team Koro, we (or you, the OP if you remember to do so) can link fan fests of skaters in those schools.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007654.htm

Would anyone like to adopt Daisuke Murakami of Japan? He is eighth on tbe season's best list, won 2014 NHK, placed third at Japanese Nats, and placed fourth at 4ccs. He deserves a thread. He is Japan's version of Menshov/Rodney Dangerfield, the guy that deserves but gets no respect from his fed. He needs some :cheer:

mnm464

On the Ice
Do we have threads for Chinese ID teams: Yu Xiaoyang/Chen Wang, Shiyue Wang/Liu Xinyu and Yue Zhao/Zheng Xun?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Appreciate all that Doris :bow: has been doing for countless fan threads.

Getting confused by the terminology here. Does "adopt" and "sponsor" mean simply starting a thread with a brief OP?

Or do they mean stepping up with a full batch of links, etc. -- as Doris already has done for many threads (also Mrs. P, Newbie, and others)?

I love Daisuke Murakami, but do not want to bite off more than I can chew. Gradually have been gathering stuff for Max A, and then Maddie/Max S are next on my list.

Do we have threads for Chinese ID teams: Yu Xiaoyang/Chen Wang, Shiyue Wang/Liu Xinyu and Yue Zhao/Zheng Xun?

Apparently not, but you or anyone else obviously always have been and will be free to start threads for them :).

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Whatever you'd like in an OP is fine.

A brief note will do.

I would hope you'd stop by and visit your orphan every once in a while to see how he's doing. :)

Having someone else sponsor gives me a chance of an audience of at least one if I get time to do an extended OP.

Also it keeps Fan Fests from looking like one or two people start all the Fan Fests.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I did my best at a Seguin/Bilodeau thread. I didn't have time to put up all their performances today, but I got the big ones from this season.

Funny that I wasn't a pairs fan at all a year and a half ago and now I've started Fan Fest threads for two pairs!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks Hyena for adopting Julianne and Charlie! :)

Also thanks to mnm464 for adding the Chinese dance teams and to layback11 for adding a page for Team Spain!

mnm464

On the Ice
It was my pleasure! I will add more, later on into the original post when I have more time! I also plan to do Shiyue Wang and her partner as well as yi zhang