New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It was my pleasure! I will add more, later on into the original post when I have more time! I also plan to do Shiyue Wang and her partner as well as yi zhang

I love Shiyue Wang! Look forward to seeing that one. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am so glad to see fan interest in Chinese dance! I hope that some day China will be as strong in dance as it is in pairs:)

Some other kids I am surprisex to find as orphans are

the Wheaton Academy ice dance teams:

Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

and

Daisuke Murakami still needs a sponsor!

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
I am so glad to see fan interest in Chinese dance! I hope that some day China will be as strong in dance as it is in pairs:)

Some other kids I am surprisex to find as orphans are

the Wheaton Academy ice dance teams:

Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

and

Daisuke Murakami still needs a sponsor!

Doris,
Thanks for your exhaustive work on these! It is so great to have "clearinghouse" of info and links for skaters!

I've started the Daisuke Murakami thread (loved him at NHK this year!) and will start adding more info to it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:love: Thank you.so much, Weathergal! If no one adopted Daisuke, I was going to do it myself! He was so good at NHK! And he was also impressive at Salt Lake and Four Continents

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thank you golden411 for adopting AND providing a nice update on Dee Dee Leng and Simon Shnapir!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Inventory Time. I went through Mrs. P's post on who might conceivably be on the Grand Prix to check whether there were any unadopted orphans there.

Here's the list:

Pairs Seeking a Home

Lina Fedorova & Maxim Miroshkin RUS ADOPTED
Jessica Calalang & Zack Sidhu USA
Caydee Denney & John Coughlin, USA
Miriam Ziegler & Severin Kiefer AUT
Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise, ITA ADOPTED
Alessandra Cernushchi & Filippo Ambrosini, ITA

Men looking for a Fan Fest home

Nathan Chen USA. ADOPTED
Stephen Carriere USA retired :cry:
Deniss Vasiļjevs LAT
Peter Liebers GER

Dancers seeking a Fan Fest sponsor:

Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri, ITA ADOPTED
Mackenzie Bent & Garrett Mackeen, CAN
Madeline Edwards & Zhao Kai Pang CAN
Élisabeth Paradis & François-Xavier Ouellette. CAN ADOPTED
Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons USA
Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter USA
Carolina Moscheni & Adam Lukacs HUN
FederiacTesta & Lukas Csolley SVK
Alisa Agafonova & Alper Ucar, TUR
Viktoria Kavaliova & Yurii Bieliaiev BLR
Rebeka Kim & KirillMinov, KOR
Irina Shtork & Taavi Rand, EST

Ladies without a fan fest home

Da Bin Choi, KOR ADOPTED
Elene Gedevanishvili, GEO ADOPTED
Angelina Kuchvaliska, LAT
Roberta Rodeghiero, ITA
Ivett Toth, HUN
Brooklee Han, AUS
Nicole Scott, GER
Lauren Lecavelier FRA, ADOPTED
Anais Ventard FRA
Riona Kato JPN
Miyabi Oba JPN ADOPTED
Angela Wang USA

If you have a fondness for any of these guys, I hope you will consider adopting them!

In the case of the Latvian and Australian skaters, they are celebrated in awesome team threads, but some of them are so good that they are participating in senior b's, medalling at events, and even participating in GP's. Perhaps it is time they leave home and have a thread of their own? Or maybe not yet. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

In any case, I have added all these guys and girls to the OP of this thread.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think there are two things that might be putting people off adopting orphans.

The first is that, if it is somebody that has been around for a long time (e.g. Elene Gedevanishvili on the latest list), there is potentially an awful lot of material to wade through.

The second is that, if it is somebody who is relatively early in their career (e.g. Deniss Vasiļjevs on the latest list), there is the prospect of updating it regularly in the years to come.

For me, I am the Original Poster for 2 Fan Fest threads, and also have a "mini" Fan Fest post for a skater within a Team Fan Fest thread.

Of these, the first is very early in her career (she hasn't even joined the Senior ranks yet). So, if she becomes as good as the experts think she will, that will be a long term project.

The "mini" Fan Fest is for a girl in her early twenties, but who has not had many international appearances because her country only has one slot. So, how long term that project becomes will depend on what her team-mate can do on the international stage.

The final Fan Fest I currently have is for a girl in her late teens, but who has already retired from competing. So, apart from posting updates on how her new career as a choreographer is going, and linking to interesting photos (not to mention gushing over her!), this one should not be too big an undertaking.

That said, I am already contemplating adopting another skater, but one who has not been mentioned in this thread. This one has also retired, but she had a VERY long career. So, it will be a big project. But, there are reasons that I want to adopt her, which will become obvious when I reveal who she is.

But first, I have to update my existing Fan Fests. I've now caught up on my tying up of loose ends, so Marta Garcia's post will be updated in the next day or so, and then Jenni Saarinen's thread during the week.

CaroLiza_fan

mnm464

On the Ice
How does a skater "qualify" for a FF thread exactly? Top 20 of US nat placement or just any up and coming skater?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Deniss is going to stay on the Junior Grand Prix this season and possibly do Euros and senior Worlds. I'm not sure there is enough interest at the moment to start a separate fan thread for him, but if he does well on the JGP, hopefully more people will start paying attention to him and then I'd think about it. Of course, if someone else wants to start an individual thread for him before that, they are more than welcome to do so.

Alba

Record Breaker
Guys, I don't know where to put this but maybe those who're doing this work on fanfest can help. Do you know where can I find an HD video of Michelle Kwan?

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thank you golden411 for adopting AND providing a nice update on Dee Dee Leng and Simon Shnapir!

The credit by far belongs to Doris :bow: for the heavy lifting re Leng/Shnapir.

But thanks for noticing that I started their thread :) ... albeit with just a short OP that Doris has expanded tremendously.

Guys, I don't know where to put this but maybe those who're doing this work on fanfest can help. Do you know where can I find a video of Michelle Kwan?

Just any ol' video of MK??? Or something specific? :confused2:

Alba

Record Breaker
Just any ol' video of MK??? Or something specific? :confused2:

Competition program would be great, but if it's a gala program pre 2006 that will do as well. The thing is that I'm doing a video of my favorite skaters from the past. I've found HD videos for all of them, except for Kwan and Torvill&Dean in 1984, the later for obvious reason. At least a full screen good quality.

p.s. Sorry, I edit my OP because I meant an HD video of Michelle.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
@dorispulaski
I admit I don't know too much about them (having skipped the JGP :slink:), but I'd be willing to adopt Fedorova/Miroshkin if no one else wants to make a thread. I really enjoyed many aspects of their skating at Junior Worlds (his line, her charisma, and of course the SBS Biellmanns), though the tech elements make me nervous about their future. :hopelessness:

Deniss is going to stay on the Junior Grand Prix this season and possibly do Euros and senior Worlds. I'm not sure there is enough interest at the moment to start a separate fan thread for him, but if he does well on the JGP, hopefully more people will start paying attention to him and then I'd think about it. Of course, if someone else wants to start an individual thread for him before that, they are more than welcome to do so.
You said everything I wanted to say, except I was going to say it about Angelina. ;) (And except that she'll probably be doing Senior GP next year.)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:bow: thank you sabinfire! and :cheer: thank you Sandpiper!

Come the season, Mrs. P and I will be working on competition threads and having a sponsor able to edit the OP for those long stretches when we are overwhelmed is wonderful! If you sponsors add content and a different perspective, it is even more awesome! But even short post OPs are much appreciated.

And even if you don't add content during the season, that's fine. Just the extra person voicing support for a skater is a good thing. We never know what threads are going to take off and become super interesting. I have loved the Latvian skaters thread, something I didn't expect, and have become a fan of Angelina and Deniss especially.