New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have updated Marta García's mini Fan Fest post.

But, be warned. I have not finished gathering together the videos of her. There are just so many videos of people called "Marta García" that I needed to take a break! :laugh:

On a different note, can I please let it be known that I would like to adopt Jenna McCorkell. She is from my patch, after all. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Fedorova/Miroshkin: Adopted!

It was a lot harder than I expected. :slink: Either that, or I'm really sloow at finding links. I'll probably edit in some stuff later if necessary.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
All you need is a desire to start a thread.

"Jenny & Joe are totally awesome"

would be just fine.

Mrs. P or I will add any extra needed info if you don't choose to do more.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'll "adopt" Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise and Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri. What about Tiffany Zahorski&Jonathan Guerreiro? Do they have a thread yet? I know they haven't competed internationally yet, but I like these two and I can open a fanfest for them if that's okay?

Layback11

Record Breaker
@Alba-LOL, same avatar! #GreatMindsThinkAlike

Edit: the website switched our avatars...I have yours and you have mine. Weird...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Alba-LOL, same avatar! #GreatMindsThinkAlike

Edit: the website switched our avatars...I have yours and you have mine. Weird...

My iPhone 6 has been doing that lately. Cheerknithanson's was everyones avatar for almost a whole day for me. :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Alba, I would love for someone to adopt Jonathon and Tiffany. They are wonderful! Thank you for doing Della Monica and Guarise. As to the iPhone problem,it came up before. Apple brought out a new version of Safari and images showed up in the wrong boxes, especially if the user's cache was getting full. There were a number of solutions, and the problem appeared to be space-related. vbulletin logs a history entry every time you swtch pages. People cope in various ways.
1. Use InPrivate Browsing.
2. Clear history, cache and cookies more frequently. The new Safari version/operating system version hogs space quicker.Maybe close all your tabs at the end of a session, too.
3. Use Chrome for iPad or iPhone app as a browser.
4. Use the mobile version of GS rather than "Full Site." You can toggle from the switch at the page bottom here
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forum.php
5. Use an older software version for your operating system or Safari.
6. Use Forum Runner app, which GS supports.
7. Complain to Apple to quit bloating up the software. Visit your Apple store to do it.
8. Use a different phone or tablet.

It occurs to me that Steve Jobs has been dead quite a while. Is there anyone left at Apple to resist the natural tendency of programmers to bloat up software?

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Alba, I would love for someone to adopt Jonathon and Tiffany. They are wonderful! Thank you for doing Della Monica and Guarise.

Great. :) I'll probably do these 3 couples tomorrow, if that's okay. Today I'll be in Lake Como till evening. Too hot here. :drama:

It occurs to me that Steve Jobs has been dead quite a while. Is there anyone left at Apple to resist the natural tendency of programmers to bloat up software?

:laugh:
I never had problems tbh. I use laptop most of the time.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I never had problems tbh. I use laptop most of the time.

AFAIK, this issue only occurs on mobile devices like iPhones and iPads (based on personal experience and posts here).

I know it's the default browser, but I would try to avoid using Safari whenever possible (even on laptops)... it's beginning to look like IE on Windows.

Layback11

Record Breaker
AFAIK, this issue only occurs on mobile devices like iPhones and iPads (based on personal experience and posts here).

I know it's the default browser, but I would try to avoid using Safari whenever possible (even on laptops)... it's beginning to look like IE on Windows.

That would explain it, if it's safari...my laptop is a MacBook though, and I've never had any problems with it. (I've only two months so maybe that has something to do with it?)

Alba

Record Breaker
@Doris: I finished Della Monica&Guarise fan fest. I almost finished G&F as well, I only have to add video links. I'll do that later (I have to prepare the dinner now.:)) and also create Z&G topic.