Valentina Marchei & Ondrej Hotarek | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Valentina Marchei & Ondrej Hotarek

Eclair

Medalist

Love Valentina! She such a personality:love:

I really hope Ondrej is not as arrogant in real life, as he was in the interview :unsure: Did he really have to put Valentina down so often?

What I noticed is, that I could tell they are new partners to each others ^^ They weren't as much in sync as for example Jilian and Bob and both wanted to answer the question their ways.
Still I wish them the best for the upcoming season. Go Valentina! Bring that spark:cheer:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I loved that interview!
They looked comfortable with each other to me, not holding back and not trying to look more harmonious than they really are. I don't think that Ondrej put Valentina down in this interview, she was just bubbling along at some point and he interrupted her, I see no harm in that.
It seems that Ondrej wants to work a little harder, now that he sees what they can achieve. Valentina seems to know very well what she's capable of. Their plans sound great, especially going for a triple-triple instead of a quad in the more distant future. Both are very confident, so this is something to look forward to next season! :cheer2:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
How could I not love them? :laugh2:

I loved the interview, probably because Valentina talked nearly all the time :biggrin: And I'm kinda happy, that I wasn't the only one who thought Carolina (with all respect) is less Italian than Vale, but I guess it's just as Vale said. I had no idea she is such a good friends with Nathalie Pechalat! That's so awesome, I really like them both :love: It's also very nice that she knows at least two foreign languages. It's good to know that they're working on triple twist and other pairs elements and not think about quad throw right now. It's probably for the best. I was kinda hoping that they say something more about programs, but I guess we just have to wait a little longer. And yes, definitely something to look forward to :cheer:

Alba

Record Breaker
I loved the interview, probably because Valentina talked nearly all the time :biggrin: And I'm kinda happy, that I wasn't the only one who thought Carolina (with all respect) is less Italian than Vale, but I guess it's just as Vale said.

Carolina is from Bolzano (on the border with Austria and Switzerland, not Germany as they said on the interview). Totally different thing tbh, despite what Vale says here. ;) Caro's mother tongue is ladina.
Great interview with Vale. She's fun to listen and I enjoyed her very much. :)

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Carolina is from Bolzano (on the border with Austria and Switzerland, not Germany as they said on the interview). Totally different thing tbh, despite what Vale says here. ;) Caro's mother tongue is ladina.
I agree, she's from South Tyrol (North & East Tyrol are in Austria, was splitted after WW2) and Tyroleans are usually very proud of being Tyroleans and some have strong feelings about wanting to be united again and a few even want a independent country Tyrol. But Carolina seems to be really open minded (not all Tyroleans are) and I do think that Carolina would say that she's Italian. There is actually a newspaper from South Tyrol (I don't remember the name, read it on a plane) but it's very funny, because when it comes to sport results, f.e. alpine skiing they don't print the nationality of the athlete as Italy or Austria when the athlete is from Tyrol, they print the name of the Tyrolean county instead, without Italy or Austria.

Alba

Record Breaker
I agree, she's from South Tyrol (North & East Tyrol are in Austria, was splitted after WW2) and Tyroleans are usually very proud of being Tyroleans and some have strong feelings about wanting to be united again and a few even want a independent country Tyrol. But Carolina seems to be really open minded (not all Tyroleans are) and I do think that Carolina would say that she's Italian. There is actually a newspaper from South Tyrol (I don't remember the name, read it on a plane) but it's very funny, because when it comes to sport results, f.e. alpine skiing they don't print the nationality of the athlete as Italy or Austria when the athlete is from Tyrol, they print the name of the Tyrolean county instead, without Italy or Austria.

Exactly. ;) Carolina actually says she's italian (if I'm not mistaken in some interview on national tv) but Trentino-Alto Adige (official name Regione Autonoma Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol) is not like "real" (for lack of a better word) Italy. They are very proud of their origins and also very discreet. Actually Valentina, which is from Milan, from the way she talks and her personality she looks more like from center-south Italy, rather than from Lombardia. :)

I really hope Ondrej is not as arrogant in real life, as he was in the interview Did he really have to put Valentina down so often?

I was never a fan of Ondrej but I don't think he was arrogant in this interview and that he put Vale down. In all honesty, Vale was talking a lot and she was the one interrupting him quite often. :biggrin:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Exactly. ;) Carolina actually says she's italian (if I'm not mistaken in some interview on national tv) but Trentino-Alto Adige (official name Regione Autonoma Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol) is not like "real" (for lack of a better word) Italy. They are very proud of their origins and also very discreet. Actually Valentina, which is from Milan, from the way she talks and her personality she looks more like from center-south Italy, rather than from Lombardia. :)

I was never a fan of Ondrej but I don't think he was arrogant in this interview and that he put Vale down. In all honesty, Vale was talking a lot and she was the one interrupting him quite often. :biggrin:

Nah, I agree with Eclair, he comes across like a jerk. But I'm sure there's much more to him than first bad impressions, Anna just married him!!!:biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
Nah, I agree with Eclair, he comes across like a jerk. But I'm sure there's much more to him than first bad impressions, Anna just married him!!!:biggrin:

He may very well be a jerk but not here. He barely spoke. Constantly being interrupted by Vale, after she has spoken for 50 minutes alone. :laugh: She speaks quite a lot but I loved listening to her. I enjoyed every single bit. :yes: She looks one of those girls with whom you can spent the whole nigh chatting and have fun with. :biggrin:

bramweld

Record Breaker
He may very well be a jerk but not here. He barely spoke. Constantly being interrupted by Vale, after she has spoken for 50 minutes alone. :laugh: She speaks quite a lot but I loved listening to her. I enjoyed every single bit. :yes: She looks one of those girls with whom you can spent the whole nigh chatting and have fun with. :biggrin:

Yeah, she's a gabber, fun girl. Good for her. :biggrin:

minze

Medalist
Great interview with Vale. She's fun to listen and I enjoyed her very much. :)

I love Vale. She is so much fun. But I agree with you location does matter. In the U.S. Southerners are different than Northerners.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the TSL interview. Ondrej was a little bit standoffish - it kind of looked like he was rolling his eyes or staring off into space when Valentina was talking. I didn't think he sounded like a jerk though, just a person who doesn't suffer fools and is old enough to know what works and what doesn't. He seemed really concerned with injuries and finding ways to prevent them. Given their (advanced, lol) ages, I don't blame him.

The more I listen to these interviews it always amazes me how skaters from European countries (or Asia) wind up training in the US or Canada, but I guess that's where many of the best coaches are.

I enjoyed hearing about Valentina's friendship with St. Alissa, Nathalie Pechalat and Meagan/Jillian. Cracks me up that she referred to her as Jillian. And that she used to date Brian Joubert, who knew?