Valentina Marchei & Ondrej Hotarek | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Valentina Marchei & Ondrej Hotarek

Alba

Record Breaker
Hope you're all watching the competition live. Vale and Ondrej are going to skate now.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just did; thanks so much for posting the link! I checked this thread randomly and caught the streaming at the perfect time. Like the new program!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I just found the SP video. The quality isn't very good though. The lift positions look gorgeous, there was a triple twist (not sure about the rotation (could be the video quality), but great to see that they already go for it!) and a back outside death spiral. The looked very concentrated and not happy after the performance. Nice program, very romantic. :) I hope for a better quality video.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't think that was a triple twist. Put it in slowmo. I think maybe that's why Vale wasn't very happy at the end of the program. However, they were good overall and in good form. I don't like the program very much tbh. I find it quite generic and I don't like that music. Hope the LP is much better.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yeah, it could be, they really weren't happy. The slow-mo looks weird. EDIT: No, I think it really was an underrotated triple twist.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah, it could be, they really weren't happy. The slow-mo looks weird. EDIT: No, I think it really was an underrotated triple twist.

There is no underrotated in TW but I guess you mean it was short. It was called as 3TW1 but I'm not convinced there were 3 rotations. They can do it though. Protocols.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
There is no underrotated in TW but I guess you mean it was short. It was called as 3TW1 but I'm not convinced there were 3 rotations. They can do it though. Protocols.
Oh, I didn't know that there's no UR's for twists. Good to know. I saw 2.5 rotations in that low quality video before he touched her and he had to twist his arms because of that. They got good points for that!

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh, I didn't know that there's no UR's for twists. Good to know. I saw 2.5 rotations in that low quality video before he touched her and he had to twist his arms because of that.

Yep, that's why I'm not convinced it wasn't a triple.

They got good points for that!

Well, it's Lombardia Trophy. ;) You should see dance. :biggrin:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well, it's Lombardia Trophy. ;) You should see dance. :biggrin:
I checked the protocols and I guess I see what you mean. There's a video, but I don't trust myself to comment on any ice dance performance with such a low quality video ... :biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I couldn't watch it live unfrotunately :cry: I watched the video but as psusanne said, it's not the best quality, although it was very clear Vale was a bit pissed. Still I'm happy they beat their PB :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch it live unfrotunately :cry: I watched the video but as psusanne said, it's not the best quality, although it was very clear Vale was a bit pissed. Still I'm happy they beat their PB :)

They were in good form considering it's so early.

Alba

Record Breaker
That's good to hear :)

A message from Vale I guess that explains why she wasn't happy right after the program but it's nice she's satisfied with result after all:)

The first time I thought it was about the music because they did end the program after the music. But then, I saw there was no deduction so I thought it was the twist. The end did seem odd indeed. Now I know. I think they have done an incredible job considering how new they are.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
FS Video. The quality of the video is so low that I don't know wether I like the program or not. Valentina fell on the throw 3L and they messed up the combo and selected to do a double twist.
But what I really like about those two is that the really push themselves! We saw the triple twist attempt, the throw 3Lz and the back outside death spiral yesterday and the throw 3L attempt today, that's a bunch of new elements over the summer!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, it could be really good program, but 4 different pieces of music? And every time it's change of rhythm, that's crazy! Not entirely sure it's in positive sense. They need to work it a little more anyway, maybe they'll convince me eventually. At least SP is really good ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, it could be really good program, but 4 different pieces of music? And every time it's change of rhythm, that's crazy! Not entirely sure it's in positive sense. They need to work it a little more anyway, maybe they'll convince me eventually. At least SP is really good ;)

Yeah, I don't like the editing of the music tbh. However, we need to see it when it's more polished and without mistakes in order to have a better idea overall. Obviously they have more work to do being so early.