Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

7 Not allowed!
    They got two pretty good assignments this year, so hopefully after the disappointments of last Grand Prix season they'll make the Final again.

Their music editor is a big fan of the look of their free program, apparently.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    They got two pretty good assignments this year, so hopefully after the disappointments of last Grand Prix season they'll make the Final again.

Their music editor is a big fan of the look of their free program, apparently.
    I'm excited to see what they do next season! It will be hard for them to top last season's FD, but I'm sure whatever they do will be gorgeous

2 Not allowed!
    I’m excited to see Piper and Paul in person at SC again this season!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Fun little clip today from Jeff Dimitriou:

https://www.instagram.com/p/By_gxB6jg5m/

GS given name - Beatrice

1 Not allowed!
    I posted this already in 2019/20 programs thread - I saw Carol Lane retweeting the other day a clip from 'The Gang's All Here' musical movie from 1943 and a thought came to me if it could be a hint of Piper and Paul's RD for next season...

https://twitter.com/moodvintage/stat...413057536?s=19

I was not familiar with that musical, but after watching it over the weekend and listening to the music I think it suits Finnstep pattern quite much, still maintaining that 'Broadway'/musically feel about it. The whole concept, dance scenes are totally in PSquared quirk alley, original, a bit vintage and with particular flavour/style over it.

Tripping on the Podium

6 Not allowed!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Ryan O, thank you for the link to that lovely, long article. I was so glad to read so much about their great Vincent FD?

Now I have to find out something about "the British- American street busking duo of Jack Rose and Dominik Sky. " !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5kRDDmTys
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-12-2019 at 08:59 AM.

1 Not allowed!
    Per Piper, they've been training in Florida with Zueva for the last ten days or so.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    Per Piper, they've been training in Florida with Zueva for the last ten days or so.
    :O We love to see that! Getting an outside look at their programs is a very good idea after a smash hit like Vincent — they need to stretch those wing! Hopefully she might even make a program for them in the future I wonder what they worked on...

2 Not allowed!
    Their music editor indicates that whatever their free dance is, it involves a soprano saxophone.

5 Not allowed!
    Piper gets a dog.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Awww puppy

3 Not allowed!
    OMG what a cutie! His name is Scout!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heleng View Post
    I’m excited to see Piper and Paul in person at SC again this season!
    I’ll see them for the first time at Rostelecom!!! Can’t wait

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts MGstyle's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    I did a bit of detective work, this seems to match everything!!!
    To The Moon Original Soundtrack 1 <<<< this tune is titled "World's Smallest Ferris Wheel"
    main theme

To the Moon by Wiki

I can sense yet another masterpiece is about to be unveiled!

6 Not allowed!
    Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”

GS given name - Beatrice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”
    Thank You Tex a lot for this cue. I think it sounds pretty realistic. If it is a true guess a out their FD, looks like they indeed continue 'programs for the people' route, making it even more 'programs about the people' too; getting into storytelling in in-depth level, with (as expected) customized musical arrangement and (presumably) original & intricate choreography/conceptual design fir a program to fit into both the music and themselves/their identity. It is always intriguing to delve into that creative process with them, playing on cues and references, getting to know them more & more, not only as a team, but as people too.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    That is a beautiful song and I can envision Piper and Paul performing this in a magnificent way. They should get high scores for just picking such magical music!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slider11 View Post
    That is a beautiful song and I can envision Piper and Paul performing this in a magnificent way. They should get high scores for just picking such magical music!
    Piper, Paul and Joni Mitchell: another fantastic combination. Joni's music is artistry, so is P & P's skating. If I remember correctly, does Toller Cranston not feature on the back cover of Joni's Hejira album? Well, only the best will do.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast