Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

LadyB

Record Breaker
That is a beautiful song and I can envision Piper and Paul performing this in a magnificent way. They should get high scores for just picking such magical music!

Piper, Paul and Joni Mitchell: another fantastic combination. Joni's music is artistry, so is P & P's skating. If I remember correctly, does Toller Cranston not feature on the back cover of Joni's Hejira album? Well, only the best will do. :luv17:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”

I was just thinking last week about how much I'd love to see Piper and Paul do a Joni Mitchell programme! Fingers crossed for this very good shout :pray:

Impromptu

On the Ice
Oniceperspectives instastory today mentioned he was in Toronto filming Piper and Paul. So, that's something to look forward to.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Piper & Paul's RD from the Autumn Classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJt5y1cYVX4

I have no sentimental connection to this music (honestly, I'd never heard of it before they announced what they were doing), so it doesn't hit the nostalgia sweet spot for me like some of the other musical RDs have, but this is predictably creative -- the twizzles pretty much come out of nowhere.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm actually dissapointed about these programs. They seem boring for a couple like P squared. Maybe I have to high expectations...

LadyB

Record Breaker
I fell immediately in love with the RD. The music, the costumes and most of all their performance, funny with unexpected moves.

I guess the FD will grow on me during the season, but I'm harbouring the secret wish they'd change costumes for that - or at least the colour.
Maybe it's just that Vincent is such an extremely hard act to follow...

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I fell immediately in love with the RD. The music, the costumes and most of all their performance, funny with unexpected moves.

I guess the FD will grow on me during the season, but I'm harbouring the secret wish they'd change costumes for that - or at least the colour.
Maybe it's just that Vincent is such an extremely hard act to follow...

It was Paul's pants that I objected to the most. The color doesn't really go with the rest of the costumes, and it's too pastel.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Joni has one of the GREAT song catalogs of the 20th century and they chose the most boring version of folkie Joni. I mean it's a campfire song. It may be popular, and yes I do like the song, but look at that back catalog of hers and tell me this is the best Joni song they could pick? And this snoozefest of a verion of it?

All right, I ADORE this team and I'm calling them on

PANDERING.

Yes, there I said it.

I am SO disappointed.

:ddevil:

The Boho Dance, Amelia, The Last Time I Saw Richard, Big Yellow Taxi. Eastern Rain.

Please Lord I hope they've reconsidered...

:pray: