Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They got two pretty good assignments this year, so hopefully after the disappointments of last Grand Prix season they'll make the Final again.

Their music editor is a big fan of the look of their free program, apparently.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
They got two pretty good assignments this year, so hopefully after the disappointments of last Grand Prix season they'll make the Final again.

Their music editor is a big fan of the look of their free program, apparently.

I'm excited to see what they do next season! It will be hard for them to top last season's FD, but I'm sure whatever they do will be gorgeous

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I posted this already in 2019/20 programs thread - I saw Carol Lane retweeting the other day a clip from 'The Gang's All Here' musical movie from 1943 and a thought came to me if it could be a hint of Piper and Paul's RD for next season...

https://twitter.com/moodvintage/status/1142254819413057536?s=19

I was not familiar with that musical, but after watching it over the weekend and listening to the music I think it suits Finnstep pattern quite much, still maintaining that 'Broadway'/musically feel about it. The whole concept, dance scenes are totally in PSquared quirk alley, original, a bit vintage and with particular flavour/style over it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ryan O, thank you for the link to that lovely, long article. I was so glad to read so much about their great Vincent FD?

Now I have to find out something about "the British- American street busking duo of Jack Rose and Dominik Sky. " !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5kRDDmTys

Last edited:

Roast Toast

Medalist
Per Piper, they've been training in Florida with Zueva for the last ten days or so.

:O We love to see that! Getting an outside look at their programs is a very good idea after a smash hit like Vincent — they need to stretch those wing! Hopefully she might even make a program for them in the future :) I wonder what they worked on...

Tex

On the Ice
Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”

Thank You Tex a lot for this cue. I think it sounds pretty realistic. If it is a true guess a out their FD, looks like they indeed continue 'programs for the people' route, making it even more 'programs about the people' too; getting into storytelling in in-depth level, with (as expected) customized musical arrangement and (presumably) original & intricate choreography/conceptual design fir a program to fit into both the music and themselves/their identity. It is always intriguing to delve into that creative process with them, playing on cues and references, getting to know them more & more, not only as a team, but as people too.

slider11

Medalist

That is a beautiful song and I can envision Piper and Paul performing this in a magnificent way. They should get high scores for just picking such magical music!