Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

musicfan80

Medalist
A few of their programs I haven't been able to get into personally, but I've liked what I've seen overall and really want them to podium at the Olympics!

For 2022, sure! They are still young right now (25). But unless they improve over Weaver and Poje, they may not even get selected for the team even in 2018. But I am very much looking forward to them make the team and improving from this year.

Their SD grew on me over time. I had no interest in disco before, but the integrity in concept, choreo and commitment to execution won me over.

Absolutely - Their first FD that I loved with their Hitchcock (2013-2014) program. It was GREAT at 2014 Worlds. :yes:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I sincerely hope that they'll once again bring some fresh vibe and originality next season - this is what really set them apart, this uniqueness and a quirk. And this is the only team so strongly committed to the whole theme of program presented, so into character of the music, costume, expression. I love that kind of 'boldness' in terms of interpretation/expression/presentation!:love:

I expect nothing but fabulous SD from them (in Worlds SD thread I already posted my dream wish that they would use 'Danza kuduro' by Lucenzo and Don Omar as a part of their dance :party2::laugh:)!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I sincerely hope that they'll once again bring some fresh vibe and originality next season - this is what really set them apart, this uniqueness and a quirk. And this is the only team so strongly committed to the whole theme of program presented, so into character of the music, costume, expression. I love that kind of 'boldness' in terms of interpretation/expression/presentation!:love:

I expect nothing but fabulous SD from them (in Worlds SD thread I already posted my dream wish that they would use 'Danza kuduro' by Lucenzo and Don Omar as a part of their dance :party2::laugh:)!

Their originality also makes me always wait for their performance! While some others I just watch for the record, I'm always watching their programs with pleasure :hap10: I'm sure they already have some kickass ideas for Olympic programs :)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Is anyone setting their alarm for the shaving of Paul's moustache post Worlds this morning? 10:45 am ET. I just re-watched their tango and disco programs again. They did do the tango much better at Skate Canada it seems. Forgot to post that I loved the changes Piper did to her costume for Worlds, the stars were a great improvement. Hope their next programs in the Olympic season are just as good.

Edited to add: Shaving off of Paul's moustache with a cameo by Charlie Bilodeau :laugh: Paul and Piper are so cute together! https://www.facebook.com/pg/PiperandPaul/videos/?ref=page_internal

Piper looks so much younger without the makeup too. And the music played during this was on point! Too adorable!

Thanks for posting the video of Paul shaving off his moustache. :)

It's interesting to learn that Charlie Bilodeau & Paul Poirier were roommates at Worlds. :)

reneerose

Final Flight
Thanks for posting the video of Paul shaving off his moustache. :)

It's interesting to learn that Charlie Bilodeau & Paul Poirier were roommates at Worlds. :)

No problem! I wonder if they intentionally don't pair up a pair team member from the same country with another pair team member from the same country as roomies (rooming with the competition). They're in different discipines so then there's no conflict! :laugh:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
No problem! I wonder if they intentionally don't pair up a pair team member from the same country with another pair team member from the same country as roomies (rooming with the competition). They're in different discipines so then there's no conflict! :laugh:

I'm not quite sure how the roommate selection process works.

Is it decided by the skating federations, or by the skaters themselves?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here's a few photos I took of Piper and Paul at World's in Helsinki...

It is always a treat to see them skate and this was no exception. Their programs are always so unique, memorable, entertaining, mesmerising... so diverse in style... and I love how they are always 100% committed to them (costume, hair, facial expressions, everything)... and how they are always "in character" the whole time they are on the ice, not just when the music plays...

sammyott

Rinkside
Anyone go to So You Think You Can Judge and get a video of their new SD? Or at least know the song choice?

slider11

Medalist
Would LOVE to see the Hitchcock FD return. Just think of the power and emotion they could put into it now!

nimi

Medalist
For anybody here who hasn't been following general forum threads... Piper&Paul's SD music hasn't been confirmed yet, but we've got a little glimpse of their new FD!

Here's a collection of Team Canada FD clips Alaine Chartrand instastoried earlier today (Piper&Paul come after Carolane&Shane)
https://twitter.com/i/videos/903284472174583809

From the programs thread:
Piper and Paul's FD seems to be Film Noir themed, the music is Stolen Hearts from an album called "Film Noir: Vintage Cinema Classics"

That track is only 1:04 long so maybe it's a selection from the same album?
Their Hitchcock FD was great -- I'm thrilled if we're gonna get something along those lines this season!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I think that we're for the real treat this week to see both their programs at Autumn Classic competition, they sure will bring their signature originality, innovation and quirk in how they interpret music and play characters in so committed way:)

actually, I re-watched their Tango FD at Skate Canada 2016 the other day and questioned myself why we do not see often/always such 'consummation', insane and physical-feeling depth in performance, presentation in Ice Dance. I remember that one of Tango instructors I had a privilege to work with in the past once said that Argentine Tango should express horizontal desires in a vertical way - and watching Piper and Paul I totally saw that desire, sensuality, seduction, tension expressed in every step, touch, gesture. They truly were able to surpass the choreography and execution with the amount of character, dedication and devotion towards the role, the feel put inside. I hope that this special ability of them will stay also for this next season.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nice interview with them on Ice Talk. I'm excited to see their programs tonight since they seem to really love them.