Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I would like to see them stick with the Lanes but I would like to see at least one other top team or potential top team join them.

You've got this right. Lane is absolutely suited for them - technically and more importantly, creatively speaking. However, I tend to think that some "centers" are better for the skaters competition-wise like Gadbois (Montreal), Canton (Michigan), Novi (Michigan) - without creating to much of a competitive atmosphere of course. Maybe the Lanes will welcome a new top couple as of next season, or a rising one ? Everybody wins.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
happy birthday, Disco Diane and the quirkiest girl in the Ice Dance world!!!:hb::hb::hb:, stay the same, be confident and original in what You are doing, we are here for it!

:cheer::party2::dance2:

slider11

Medalist
You've got this right. Lane is absolutely suited for them - technically and more importantly, creatively speaking. However, I tend to think that some "centers" are better for the skaters competition-wise like Gadbois (Montreal), Canton (Michigan), Novi (Michigan) - without creating to much of a competitive atmosphere of course. Maybe the Lanes will welcome a new top couple as of next season, or a rising one ? Everybody wins.

I wonder if Hawayek and Baker from the USA might consider a switch to the Lanes. They had a strong finish at Nationals, especially with their Liebestraum FD. But with the small difference in their height they need to work on lifts and programs that fit their style. Krylova and Carmelengo have done them well this season but last season set them back with programs that did not fit their style nor capture the judges' interests. Maybe they are back on track but sometimes change is good.

reneerose

Final Flight
Wishing and praying for fair judging for them in the upcoming Ice Dance tomorrow evening.

Edited to add: Their free dance was splendid! I just love what Piper did for her FD yellow costume today in the FD! And Paul's tuxedo! I always mourn that they don't place higher at competitions. Hopefully they will get on the podium at Worlds? It would be great! So happy for them. Always innovative, creative, and most enjoyable to watch. :love::love::love:

slider11

Medalist
GREAT Olympics Piper and Paul. I look forward to seeing you both over the next quad. Unlike other teams who are floundering to figure out the next move, you two have it just right! Stick with the Lanes and keep going with that creative and quirky side. Can't wait!!

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I love both free dances they used this season, but the switch to James Bond was so perfect and strategic for the Olympics. It works beautifully for them. Granted, it’s easier for me to see Piper as the secret agent and Paul as her sidekick, just because of their personalities [emoji23]

reneerose

Final Flight
I love both free dances they used this season, but the switch to James Bond was so perfect and strategic for the Olympics. It works beautifully for them. Granted, it’s easier for me to see Piper as the secret agent and Paul as her sidekick, just because of their personalities [emoji23]

Well then Nick McCarvel was right in calling her Mrs. Bond......I can't find the video interview to link here, but it was cute.

moon

On the Ice
Mrs. Bond, makes sense. I am not sure who Paul was meant to be because he didnt seem to be channeling James Bond. Maybe he was playing the ever dutiful side kick.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Well then Nick McCarvel was right in calling her Mrs. Bond......I can't find the video interview to link here, but it was cute.

Ooh, I guess I wasn't watching the right broadcast. If you ever do come across it, let me know, I'd love to see.

Go Piper and Paul at Worlds! Rock out as usual! :rock:

slider11

Medalist
Fantastic SD, Piper and Paul! They continue to show improvement and a unique maturity that sets them apart.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Top six placement overall, and personal bests in the free and overall score! It looks like Piper and Paul are finally breaking into the top tier (I guess Tessa and Scott being gone helps; some of their points migrated on down to the other Canadian ice dance teams).

slider11

Medalist
I am so impressed by Piper and Paul! They are original and so talented! Their SD and FD at Worlds were spectacular! Everything from the music, theme, costumes, choreography is so unique and compelling! And they keep getting better with their technical skills. Gush, gush gush....

mouse

Rinkside
So are they hinting on facebook that they are doing Starry, Starry Night as their FD? Or am I way off what this post meant?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
My first thought seeing Van Gogh's painting posted by Piper was 'Clair de Lune', because there is a YT clip of the piece illustrated with this painting, but then Ithought about 'My Vincent' movie and music to it...Regardless what it will be -I'm excited!:)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Starry, starry night was my first thought too! :biggrin:

Whatever it is, it will be smashing. This is their golden opportunity to put the marker down once and for all as Canada's next number one world class team. I hope they can seize the moment. They made a lot of new fans during last season, which I'm really happy about, since I always found them innovative, quirky and just so unique. I love them to bits and wish them an absolute super GP series. :cheer2: