Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

Just popping in to say I am nothing short of smitten with Piper & Paul’s Starry, Starry Night FD. In fact, smitten with their programs PERIOD. I probably shouldn’t be so emotional about their GP results not being as I'd hoped, but the blessing that is their performance factor and ability to engage an intricately woven program theme is truly remarkable.

Gushing here? You bet! :points:

Roast Toast

Medalist
Piper and Paul always seem to have rotten luck on the grand prix. Both of their assignments surely were the most stacked, unfairly so. I am very sad they won't be able to skate that beautiful free in Canada at the finals. NoNameFace, were you able to deliver your gifts?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes, there's a proof as Piper sat with my sunflowers on her lap and a card in hand. This was the most surreal experience of my life, to see someone I admire, respect and support values my gift that much and is happy to receive it.

Seeing their scores, the struggle and sadness on Piper's face especially I realized that I may feel the same watching how they are scored and placed, but the real value of my support comes from a deeper perspective, admiring their imagination that moves mine, that inspired me to make flowers, card and to go to France to see them, experience this FD live, let myself lost for a moment and to reminds myself why they mean so much to me. I will never forget it and I can only hope that my words put on the card will solidify them in their work.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You're TV famous now!

The result was undoubtedly disappointing for them, but I was expecting it after the rhythm dance. It didn't really surprised me that they weren't at their best in the RD, since after a disaster teams tend to be fairly tense about skating the program next time. But it's still such beautiful material.

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to Nationals or not, but it's fairly close by in New Brunswick, and if I do go seeing the program again will be a big motivator.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, there's a proof as Piper sat with my sunflowers on her lap and a card in hand. This was the most surreal experience of my life, to see someone I admire, respect and support values my gift that much and is happy to receive it.

Seeing their scores, the struggle and sadness on Piper's face especially I realized that I may feel the same watching how they are scored and placed, but the real value of my support comes from a deeper perspective, admiring their imagination that moves mine, that inspired me to make flowers, card and to go to France to see them, experience this FD live, let myself lost for a moment and to reminds myself why they mean so much to me. I will never forget it and I can only hope that my words put on the card will solidify them in their work.

the commentator said : we have a connoisseur public as they were offered sunflowers, like the Van Gogh painting. so not only you were seen but you were mentioned ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i have loved Piper and Paul for a long time... but this FD... seeing it live in SCI is something i will never forget. It's so soft and peaceful yet so strong.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
i have loved Piper and Paul for a long time... but this FD... seeing it live in SCI is something i will never forget. It's so soft and peaceful yet so strong.

I agree, it commands attention in the most sublime, intricate way. The storytelling level and emotional layers added to their expression, choreography are unmatched for me this season. I cried for almost the whole program, clutching my gift in one hand and trying to calm my other hand down shaking. I felt priviledged to witness this moment in person.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
wow it was YOUR sunflowers NNF!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
what a great gift!!!:hap93::love:
(I lol'ed hard at HB's gift - chips:laugh:)

the commentator said : we have a connoisseur public as they were offered sunflowers, like the Van Gogh painting. so not only you were seen but you were mentioned ;)
yep our commentators mentioned it too:biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
wow it was YOUR sunflowers NNF!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
what a great gift!!!:hap93::love:
(I lol'ed hard at HB's gift - chips:laugh:)

yep our commentators mentioned it too:biggrin:

It was my gift :ghug: and actually the inspiration behind sunflowers was about Van Gogh painting, so commentators were not wrong:) :) :)

Impromptu

On the Ice
I noticed that they've been added to Golden Spin. I'm sad that they won't be at the GP Final, but at least they'll have another chance to get mileage on their programs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It was my gift :ghug: and actually the inspiration behind sunflowers was about Van Gogh painting, so commentators were not wrong:) :) :)

A Portuguese photographer, Evelyne Brigite Rodrigues, got a really good photo of the moment when Piper was showing the sunflowers to Paul after she left you. She didn't manage to get you in the shot, but it is does show how impressed Piper was with your work.

Not sure if the privacy settings will let you see it, so here is the direct link to the image:

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn....=14758a6f1c1b07a922212066c77bd41c&oe=5C741FFA

Unfortunately, these kind of links expire after a while. So, be quick!

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A Portuguese photographer, Evelyne Brigite Rodrigues, got a really good photo of the moment when Piper was showing the sunflowers to Paul after she left you. She didn't manage to get you in the shot, but it is does show how impressed Piper was with your work.

Not sure if the privacy settings will let you see it, so here is the direct link to the image:

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn....=14758a6f1c1b07a922212066c77bd41c&oe=5C741FFA

Unfortunately, these kind of links expire after a while. So, be quick!

CaroLiza_fan

OMG, I don't even know how to thank you for the link! So thoughtful!

Already saved and tucked another happy memory in my heart:) - I came here for them and to see their happiness, so Piper's shot is more than enough for me:)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
NoNameFace, your gift to Piper & Paul is so original, heartfelt and awesome! :rock:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
NoNameFace, your gift to Piper & Paul is so original, heartfelt and awesome! :rock:

Their Internationaux de France RD was the only one which was broadcast on CBC (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296228959

Their FD performance is at 7:04, and there's a "Coming Up" fluff at 6:03 (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296229038

Their kiss & cry is at the beginning (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296229060

There's also a profile + fluff piece starting at 0:33, plus a warm-up clip at 2:49 (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296229014

Dear Siberia, hope you are feeling better or getting there:ghug::ghug::ghug:

Thanks a million for kind words - it's only due to their creativity and presence that I managed to come up with such gift. Actually, they brought an artist back in me by this Vincent-themed FD - I've always been very animated, active in arts while being younger, then, well, adulthood and more responsibility came and I lost this creative piece in me; this program and their continuous inspiration through their material made me passionate about art again. I was in my hometown for the past weekend and brought oil/dry pastels with me along with charcoal and paper to start drawing again, if something presentable comes out of this - will share!:)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

Their Internationaux de France RD was the only one which was broadcast on CBC (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296228959

Their FD performance is at 7:04, and there's a "Coming Up" fluff at 6:03 (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296229038

Their kiss & cry is at the beginning (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296229060

There's also a profile + fluff piece starting at 0:33, plus a warm-up clip at 2:49 (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/296229014

Thanks for posting the videos. :)

I noticed that Scott Russell made a mistake in the fluff piece -- he said it was Piper's ankle injury that impeded them getting to the 2014 Olympics, but it was actually Paul who suffered the ankle injury.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They are definitely my favorites to win Canadian Nationals this year! :yes:

I smiled at this statement seeing it in the morning today:)

I really think that this season's work they've put - not even results - shifted a lot of people's attention to them in terms of referring them, their programs/performances as 'people's pick', as something that reached to them closer than just visual or being their usual 'quirky team'. A lot of people speak in this 'my'/personal term about Piper and Paul, about how they perceive their programs and they really became closer to many of them through this Vincent FD I feel; it is amazing and uplifting to see such response for their 'motto' to make 'Programs for the People' and to skate for them, this Vincent FD, apart from aesthetical/visual point of view and experience provided, really touched so many of even casual FS viewers emotionally and made them to get to know PSquared better. There is nothing more valuable and special to see team's effort, engagement and work paying off like that, drawing more and more people to know them:)

This Vincent FD opened a lot of perspectives and doors for them I feel - it shows a totally different side of them, their work and their artistic sensibility as performers, skaters that people relate to just more and see them no longer as 'just' this quirky team, full of original/risky ideas not everyone understand. Out of all things happening in ID this season, this 'shift' in perception of them as a team is probably the best thing for me aside ofc of the glorious Vincent FD creation itself.

I think that the above and Golden spin win with decent scores should carry them into Nationals with lots of positive energy and determination. I hope they can 'own' being lot of fan's faves mindset and do their best work:)

Yes, and the Worlds podium too :pray: I wonder if they’re going to Four Continents.

I think they will, even with winning Canadian Nats title - I selfishly want to see Vincent FD again in action, but I do feel that they enjoy exploring, growing, experiencing their programs this season a lot, like sharing them with audiences. This interaction, positive response gives them motivation and determination to work & improve I feel:).

World podium...Definitely a dream for me, especially with that program. In terms of material they ARE a World podium for sure, at least for me: creativity, originality, nuance and detail level between music, movement and attitude towards performance in BOTH programs, contstantly evolving and bringing something new to the table. And what's more - people's reaction shows that for me that this kind of fresh, novelty approach towards ID is needed; I think that people need STIMULATION/INSPIRATION with new things, not a CONFIRMATION over what they already know and saw.

And :hb::hb::hb: for passing 1,000 posts Heleng!!!:ghug: