Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Yep, and Paul's on cooking stews and farm veggies :D

I think she did do something fashion-related at uni, so they probably wanted to show her interest and attention to fashion. I doubt that she goes shopping every day, though :D

tvuckic16

Final Flight
In SA they ended up third, but I did think CB and SK did have stronger technical skates. On the other hand, I think GP have the most original FD of the season!!! and I love it!!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I forgot to mention that when I went to Skate America with my dad, he liked Piper and Paul's SD the best. Probably cause it had Beatles music, not sure, but it was definitely different. They're definitely fun to watch.

And a side note: I remember watching Paul during the 2010 Olympics when he and his old partner Vanessa Crone were in the Olympics. I happened to tune into ice dancing and they were on and I thought Paul was slightly cute. LOL. Keep in mind I was like 14 1/2 then. Never thought that 5 1/2 years later I would see him skate in person. LOL.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
In SA they ended up third, but I did think CB and SK did have stronger technical skates. On the other hand, I think GP have the most original FD of the season!!! and I love it!!

Totally agree. I have to say G/P FD at Skate America has been the highlight of the Grand Prix Series so far for me.

slider11

Medalist
Totally agree! Technical ability and technique are important. But what makes the sport interesting to the masses are captivating creativity and soulful expression. Bravo for Piper and Paul!
Totally agree. I have to say G/P FD at Skate America has been the highlight of the Grand Prix Series so far for me.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Now they have a chance to win TEB. Not that I am so super glad about it, as they got this chance only because of the withdrawal of Papadakis/Cizeron from the GPs. Also, Piper and Paul still have rivals there in the form of Coomes/Buckland, Hubbell/Donohue and Stepanova/Bukin.

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
I understand the need to cancel the remainder of TEB. Such tragedy! Given that, I am disappointed for Piper and Paul that they didn't have the chance to put forward their FD and potentially win TEB. I prefer Piper and Paul to Madison and Zach, as a team. It seems that H/D's edge was the 4 levels given to them in their pattern dances. I'm not a technician so I must respect experts review of those fine technical points that gave them the edge. Respectfully, I do think what Madison and Zach put forward in the TEB SD is pretty much their best where I think there is room for improvement with Piper and Paul. I hope with a third and potentially second place finish that Piper and Paul make the GPFs and we have a chance to see a full head-to-head.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I understand the need to cancel the remainder of TEB. Such tragedy! Given that, I am disappointed for Piper and Paul that they didn't have the chance to put forward their FD and potentially win TEB. I prefer Piper and Paul to Madison and Zach, as a team. It seems that H/D's edge was the 4 levels given to them in their pattern dances. I'm not a technician so I must respect experts review of those fine technical points that gave them the edge. Respectfully, I do think what Madison and Zach put forward in the TEB SD is pretty much their best where I think there is room for improvement with Piper and Paul. I hope with a third and potentially second place finish that Piper and Paul make the GPFs and we have a chance to see a full head-to-head.
I like both teams, but I understand that Hubbell/Donohue are better skaters currently (to be more precise, Madison is a better skater than Piper). I think that Madison and Zachary can also improve, though - not so much on levels/technique or performance (which, in my opinion, was really the best there could be), but on overall speed. I don't know if it's going to happen this season and with this program, but there is that potential.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I vastly prefer G/P & I hope they'll get to GPF somehow

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I vastly prefer G/P & I hope they'll get to GPF somehow
I hope both teams can get into the GPF if the number of participants is expanded. Although there is also someone like Ilinykh/Zhiganshin who probably deserve it no less (especially if they will perform better at CoR than they did at CoC), but have less chance to make it because of the tougher fields.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I seriously hope that they make it to the GPF! It needs a bit of a kick of kookiness from the senior team.

slider11

Medalist
I'm disappointed that Piper and Paul will miss the GPF due to Bobrova and Soloviev's 2nd place finish at NHK. The Canadians experienced a bit of bad luck when the TEB was cancelled after the SD due to the Paris tragedy. It's understandable and such human loss is much more important than any sport but it must sting for Piper and Paul. They were only one-half point behind Hubbell and Donahue in the SD and, frankly, imo, should have been ahead of them. They did not have the chance to gain back that half point in the FD and then, ironically, H/D slip to third in the NHK but still make the GPF. Ok,...stuff happens. Make it your focus, Piper and Paul, to make both programs your very best and wow them at Nationals, 4CC and Worlds!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
On the bitter upside, they have time to make some changes to their SD before Canadian Nationals now. Yes, it is so not fair, and I would rather see them at the GPF than Hubbell and Donohue.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For me, GP are the biggest loser from the TEB circumstances. They skated well (unlike others who had poor showings in their SP) and were not really scored lower than the top in the SD... and would have most likely won the event after the FD... and would be in... SAD.... but yes, I agree with other posters that it will fire them up to improve their programs and should do well at worlds.