Gabrielle Daleman | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gabrielle Daleman

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
no idea... she's always looked strong and powerful and beautiful to me ;)
Question for you -- have you heard any talk of her losing weight for this season (not that her weight was an issue). She seemed thinner to me yesterday, or maybe just leaner? Of course I'm usually in the nosebleed seats, so sitting in the 5th row might make a difference. SUPER impressed with her.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I really like Gabby and her attacking style with huge jumps.. hoping for podium finish :hap57:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We felt the same at Worlds, and she looks even better now at SA. Wishing her good luck with tonight's short program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
tonight's short was exciting.. very huge jumps again.. too big for her to control the combo.. but still very close to the podium.. a good long could nail this one for her! go gabby!

Pika

Final Flight
Gabby is so close to the podium !! :yahoo: I don't want to be mean toward Gold; but as she's not the most consistent skater at this time...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
gabby deserved at least bronze but it doesn't matter ! She skated so strongly. I was impressed by her strength and her flow. She's improving every time she gets out there. These programs could lead her far this year.

mcq

Record Breaker
Well done Gabby! I am so impressed I think she is the skater that impressed me the most in this event!
Great expression, great speed, huuuuugeeee jumps, love her style, great power and so so so energetic. Her speed going into her jumps was insane and she is such a strong skater. What a fresh air among the ladies field :)
Still need to improve control for her jumps, went off-axis often (how did she manage to save the landing is beyond me tbh) and not a fan of her leg wrap and air position. But she is still young and has all the time to improve + she has a great team! I am looking forward to her, once improved she is going to be unstoppable. Her 3T+3T is so amazing my jaw dropped.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well done Gabby! I am so impressed I think she is the skater that impressed me the most in this event!
Great expression, great speed, huuuuugeeee jumps, love her style, great power and so so so energetic. Her speed going into her jumps was insane and she is such a strong skater. What a fresh air among the ladies field :)
Still need to improve control for her jumps, went off-axis often (how did she manage to save the landing is beyond me tbh) and not a fan of her leg wrap and air position. But she is still young and has all the time to improve + she has a great team! I am looking forward to her, once improved she is going to be unstoppable. Her 3T+3T is so amazing my jaw dropped.

leg wrap is actually a way to slow down rotation to control the jump.. if she didn't do it, she would over rotate :)

i think she needs to just forget about triples LOL and go for quads :)

Pika

Final Flight
Congrats Gabby! I loved her FP :)
And I agree with 4everchan, if there's a girl in this field who has to go for quads, it's her!! You can see that competition nerves affect her jump control, but at least in practice I'm sure she could land a 4T.
What is her second GP assignment ?

By the way, someone needs to make a GIF for her massive 3-3.

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
She probably could go for quads... or the 3A.

People talked about Midori's leg wrap, but I think it was to control her rotations on the easier triples.. She didn't do it on the 3A. I think Gabby has lots of power too and if she could control her nerves she could really do some outstanding things. When on, those jumps are awesome.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Congrats Gabby! I loved her FP :)
And I agree with 4everchan, if there's a girl in this field who has to go for quads, it's her!! You can see that competition nerves affect her jump control, but at least in practice I'm sure she could land a 4T.
What is her second GP assignment ?

By the way, someone needs to make a GIF for her massive 3-3.

Her second assignment is Trophée de France.

I add my voice to the request for a quad :hap85:

Pika

Final Flight
Her second assignment is Trophée de France.

I add my voice to the request for a quad :hap85:

Oh the shame :con3: I had to make a choice between Paris and Marseille and I logically opted for the later. Hope she will get the TdF again in the future (when the GPF goes faaaar from Europe) it must be stunning to see Gabby live.

She probably could go for quads... or the 3A.

I don't know for 3A. It's not her biggest jump and she gets much more length than height. But it won't bother me at all ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh the shame :con3: I had to make a choice between Paris and Marseille and I logically opted for the later. Hope she will get the TdF again in the future (when the GPF goes faaaar from Europe) it must be stunning to see Gabby live.

I don't know for 3A. It's not her biggest jump and she gets much more length than height. But it won't bother me at all ;)

I think a 4T would work for her... perhaps even a 4Lz LOL ;) muhaha... (okay i am crazy)

3A : well she does the 2A with no preparation, out of a 3S in the LP or in the Sp, really out of nowhere... so perhaps it is so easy for her to get up there that with a bit of her tremendous speed she could do a triple? The out of nowhere easy 2A she does, reminds me of Yuzu's out of nowhere 3A...

TGee

Record Breaker
I think a 4T would work for her... perhaps even a 4Lz LOL ;) muhaha... (okay i am crazy)

3A : well she does the 2A with no preparation, out of a 3S in the LP or in the Sp, really out of nowhere... so perhaps it is so easy for her to get up there that with a bit of her tremendous speed she could do a triple? The out of nowhere easy 2A she does, reminds me of Yuzu's out of nowhere 3A...

Well on the 3A, we know that both Gabby and Alaine were both training it in 2015, but only Alaine attempted to put it in the program....

Given they are both coached by Orser on that, it may give us some signal.

On the other hand, last year Gabby's focus for growth was not jumps, but artistry and slowing down the adrenaline and being in the program. It improved throughout last year and consolidated by Worlds, so the 3Lz-3T may be the leading edge to a switch back to upping the tech....I wouldn't look to pull back on that now...

We saw that new smooth confidence more at Nebelhorn. Adrenaline seemed to be less under control at Skate America, but it's the first big crowd event of the season, so I'm hoping for that to continue to settle in.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if she practices these jumps at her home club? When I watched Alaine's attempt at a 3A, I was reminded of Michelle Menzies/Jean-Michel Bombardier of 90's pairs fame. You knew that they were going to attempt triple jumps, but the odds of success were not likely.

I think Gabby has the capability more so than Alaine, of completing a 3A or a 4T.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
leg wrap is actually a way to slow down rotation to control the jump.. if she didn't do it, she would over rotate :)

i think she needs to just forget about triples LOL and go for quads :)

I see. I assume she had this even before she practice at TCC? Cause most TCC kids with huge jumps actually have pretty tight air position (Yuna, Javi, Yuzu). She reminds me of Midori Ito that way.
Maybe she can try 3A, rika kihira's 3A is not exquisitely huge but she can manage. With Gabby's height and distance I am sure it will be possible. Or like you say, be the first woman to land a 4T. With that huge 3T of hers, it is very possible (tursynbaeva can land a 4S in practice with a so-so height) her 3T is bigger than some 4T from men.
But for now I think she is in the right track. Improving artistry and expression, being more consistent on her triples first, make her 3-3 more consistent and get that lutz-toe solid. After that then she can try the big jumps :biggrin:

berry8

Final Flight
In regards to the 3a I think it is within her power: she is much more powerful than Tukta is...
Gabby may be the Canadian Ito :)

This year I see so much potential in her:D
Her 3T-3T is a beauty: the best in the field...

I have to say all top Canadian ladies are fine this season :D

Last edited: