Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Elbkup, I watched this a couple of nights ago and also Alexa and Chris's 2017 interview from GS. Two things just leaped out at me. In (which one? :confused2:) , Chris said he and Alexa used to each be thinking "what can I do for the team?" But now they think of "what can we do for the team?" I think this is part of the reason they've made such strides in the quality and beauty of their skating together. And skating together for almost 7 years now. I re-watched their 2015 worlds skate, and the in the GS interview, Alexa said that after her illness, they both have such an awareness of what a privilege it is to be able to train every day again. These two attitudes bode well for their getting through these struggles. I think that if Chris can heal well from his injury, this long break between competing will be good for them and a stabilizing force. I guess if he'd had the surgery yet, someone here would know. It's going to be a long wait, but I look forward to seeing them next year.

Thanks Skylark!! Alexa and Chris's downward trajectory has been heartbreaking for me to watch because they are so capable and talented... their situation sort of parallels that of my favorite ice dancers Maddie and Evan who had a difficult Olympic Year to say the least due to Maddie's foot injury. It was a long road back for her.. longer than she expected but they strategized well returning with 2 wonderful programs and a 4 CC Gold Medal... good for them .. I expect the same from Chris and Alexa but it is so tough coming back from her surgery and now Chris's injury... wishing them the best

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay, so glad to see this!

Alexa and Chris have been through so, so much, and they are such troopers. Sure would love to see that amazing twist again!:hap10:

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I had the pleasure of seeing and meeting Chris and Alexis at the Cleveland skating club ice show...seeing that twist in person was amazing. I have followed Chris and Alexis for years and have chatted via Instagram with Alexis. I went to both nights Friday and Saturday and on Friday night I introduced myself to Alexis had a wonderful conversation with her met chris spoke with him about his skating they are working hard this year are very happy with Todd and Jenni. They said that they made a conscious decision to go with Todd and Jenny because they understood the dynamic of being a couple on and off the ice and have focused on the off season of working on their jumps with Rafael and their stroking skills as well as their pair elements and connection with the Ekaterina Gordeeva. They are very excited about their upcoming season and the music they chose relates to them not only as a pair team but focuses on the connection they have as a couple. Alexis was so sweet because I was attending the show alone and she invited me over to meet and sit with her family who wonderful. Alexis sister and I had an immediate connection through a shared love for Seward, Alaska. I had time to speak with Chris He is much quieter then Alexis but just as nice he was kind enough to show me the team bronze medal from the Olympics Which for me was amazing having been Olympic fan for so long Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be able to touch an Olympic medal so it was definitely an incredible thrill for me. I taped their Saturday night performances and will put a link to the YouTube page In another post

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing those details about Alexa and Chris. I've met them at Friends of Figure Skating breakfasts, and they are SO nice. So glad they're doing well in their new training environment with Todd and Jenni. They have a great team at Great Park Ice and have so many resources available to them. Here's hoping injuries are behind them and they have a terrific 2019-2020 season. They deserve a break! :luv17:

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing those details about Alexa and Chris. I've met them at Friends of Figure Skating breakfasts, and they are SO nice. So glad they're doing well in their new training environment with Todd and Jenni. They have a great team at Great Park Ice and have so many resources available to them. Here's hoping injuries are behind them and they have a great 2019-2020 season. They deserve a break! :luv17:

Chris did have surgery on his wrist and is healed. Alexis is healthy and they are happy. They are teaching and loving it. Their new programs are going to be amazing and the music choices are wonderful!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chris did have surgery on his wrist and is healed. Alexis is healthy and they are happy. They are teaching and loving it. Their new programs are going to be amazing and the music choices are wonderful!

I had heard that Chris had surgery, so I was really hoping for the best on that front. I was hoping their 4Tw would make a reappearance, but I understand with changes in the rules, a lot of the teams have stopped with the quad. Maybe that's even better for them, since they have an awesome 3Tw. It seems like they've survived the bumps in the road and are doing well. So happy for them. I'm hoping maybe they will be at Skate America.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I had heard that Chris had surgery, so I was really hoping for the best on that front. I was hoping their 4Tw would make a reappearance, but I understand with changes in the rules, a lot of the teams have stopped with the quad. Maybe that's even better for them, since they have an awesome 3Tw. It seems like they've survived the bumps in the road and are doing well. So happy for them. I'm hoping maybe they will be at Skate America.

as per Chris until the value of the quad twist and throws make it worthwhile to attempt it its not worth the risk and energy, its more important to focus on the GOE and maximize the points. my biggest take away is that they are putting in the work (relearning and improving their jumps) to become a world class team and they feel that they are in the right place, have the right team and on the correct trajectory to reach the world and Olympic podium.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had the pleasure of seeing and meeting Chris and Alexis at the Cleveland skating club ice show...seeing that twist in person was amazing. I have followed Chris and Alexis for years and have chatted via Instagram with Alexis. I went to both nights Friday and Saturday and on Friday night I introduced myself to Alexis had a wonderful conversation with her met chris spoke with him about his skating they are working hard this year are very happy with Todd and Jenni. They said that they made a conscious decision to go with Todd and Jenny because they understood the dynamic of being a couple on and off the ice and have focused on the off season of working on their jumps with Rafael and their stroking skills as well as their pair elements and connection with the Ekaterina Gordeeva. They are very excited about their upcoming season and the music they chose relates to them not only as a pair team but focuses on the connection they have as a couple. Alexis was so sweet because I was attending the show alone and she invited me over to meet and sit with her family who wonderful. Alexis sister and I had an immediate connection through a shared love for Seward, Alaska. I had time to speak with Chris He is much quieter then Alexis but just as nice he was kind enough to show me the team bronze medal from the Olympics Which for me was amazing having been Olympic fan for so long Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be able to touch an Olympic medal so it was definitely an incredible thrill for me. I taped their Saturday night performances and will put a link to the YouTube page In another post

What a wonderful report of the event! :thank: so much. I really love the personal details you shared. That just sounds exactly like both of them ... especially Alexa inviting you to sit with her family. And how great that you had the added bonus of an instant connection with her sister. I also love that they're teaching and enjoying it so much.

working on their jumps with Rafael and their stroking skills as well as their pair elements and connection with the Ekaterina Gordeeva.

That's the best news I've heard about A/C. Get their jumps consistent, and the sky is the limit for them.

I'd heard via TSL that they were working once a week with Katia. That really could make the difference for them. I was just watching a 2000 (or 1998?) program of Tiffany and Johnnie Stiegler, who at that point were coached by Russian great pairs skaater Irina Rodnina. Peggy Fleming noted how much importance Tiffany and Johnnie gave to their stroking and credited it to Irina's coaching. I've always thought it was the most basic pairs skills, refined and synchronized, that made Russian pairs so great.

I've also always thought that Alexa and Chris could make more, on the ice, of their obvious connection. This is very exciting stuff! :party2: Actually I wonder if the fact that the Knierims are working on these concepts could push other US pairs to do the same. It could elevate everybody. Which I'd love to see.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It's funny you mention TSL...where do you think they got that info lol...yes they are working with Katia on stroking and will be working more with her in the upcoming months after the theater on ice Nationals are concluded. I can tell you that they are focusing on their jump technique and are landing triples. They also enjoy working with Robin and will be training along side sui and han in the upcoming months too

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no idea where TSL got it ... but I've noticed that while I don't always agree with his opinions, Dave Lease gets a lot of inside information and it usually turns out to be true. He never mentions his sources .... you could say, in the time-honored way of journalism, that he "protects his sources." :)

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I have no idea where TSL got it ... but I've noticed that while I don't always agree with his opinions, Dave Lease gets a lot of inside information and it usually turns out to be true. He never mentions his sources .... you could say, in the time-honored way of journalism, that he "protects his sources." :)

Reread my last post :cheer:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's wrong with Etta James:sad21:

Still, I :luv17: the SP for Alexa and Chris. The FP I'll need to hear more of the music :think:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's wrong with Etta James:sad21:

Still, I :luv17: the SP for Alexa and Chris. The FP I'll need to hear more of the music :think:

Maybe they should have let the fans vote if they wanted Etta or Beyoncé!!!! :laugh:

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
So know that the details are out I can give more insight into the Knirems programs... I spoke with Alexa at the Cleveland skating event and she explained to me about the music the short program which will be to at last by beyonce will also feature a guitar solo in the middle section... They chose the beyonce version because it Could lean more to the esthetic they were going for very couple connection based and sensual yet modern.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
For the long program the cuts from experience are similar to the cuts from Mariah bell's long program last year. the section drop of fragrance was composed by the composer of experience for them so it will include in original piece Written just for Chris and Alexa