Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa's screaming for Mirai's 3A was almost as great as the 3A itself! The Knierams really looked like they were having fun cheering the whole team on.

mintx

On the Ice
I think Alexa has been grinning since they were named to the team.

The way Chris has been looking at her and talking about her would give me permagrin too. They are adorable together.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Alexa has been grinning since they were named to the team.

The way Chris has been looking at her and talking about her would give me permagrin too. They are adorable together.

I love them so much. The beginning of their short program just gives me chills, where he just so gently lifts her up and sets her down again, not any kind of element to be scored, but just so lovely. I love them like no other team, US or otherwise. Last night I was watching the short program and every other pair I was like ok that's an element, what is the call on that element, are there yellow or red boxes blah blah blah. Their SP I just watched without any of that. That being said, is there any chance of them ever being competitive internationally? I feel like a Cubs fan before they won the World Series.

mintx

On the Ice
They were featured on the Today show again this morning. NBC likes their love story and has featured them several times.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad for them. Will they at least get to enjoy more of the Olympics or do they have to immediately start preparing for Worlds?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry that Alexa and Chris could not skate to their potential, but so glad they had their moment:love: And the 4Tw was epic!

I would imagine they stay. None of the Olympians assigned to Worlds from 2014 left early for the purpose of training for Worlds, AFAIK.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Programming note: Knierims are being interviewed right now on Olympic Ice.

ICYMI, Alexa was ill the night before the individual FS:

... Alexa became ill the night before with a stomach bug. The free skate marked the team’s fourth competition this week, in addition to a full practice schedule.
“I had asked Chris to kind of pick up the slack for me today, because I knew I was going to be more fatigued, but then my adrenaline kicked in and I rose to the occasion. I think his fatigue might have set in because he was concerned for me.” ...

www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/knierims-finish-free-skate-on-a-somber-note/ (Feb 15)​

Maybe I am the last to know ... as I said in another thread, impossible for me to keep up with everything.

Hope she is feeling OK today. :ghug:

ETA (on Feb 16):
Coming back to be sure to say Congratulations to the Knierims for the team bronze. :bow: :yay:
I hope I already had said so in another thread, but don't remember absolutely. :hopelessness:​

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are just so unbelievably gracious. *selfish* Please Alexa, no kids before next Olympics! So sad she was sick, and like them to not even mention it on the Olympic Ice interview.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watching the Pairs FS, and Jim van Horne came out with a good stat:

Alexa and Chris are the first married couple to skate together on Valentines Day at the Olympics.

I may be critical of Jim's lack of knowledge about figure skating, but I have to take my hat off to him for finding that stat!

:bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

madforskating

On the Ice
No matter what, they are royalty in my heart! I mean, it takes talent to OVER-ROTATE a triple twist!!! I wish they had gotten a higher placement but the mere fact that she's alive and able to skate is amazing. My heart is so full right now.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Alexa liked my comment on her insta :love:. This was literally the first time I've ever commented on a famous person's insta, and I'm generally wary of celebs SNS because they can get so much hate, but I'm glad she saw it because all the other comments were also positive! :yahoo:

mintx

On the Ice
They posted a picture at the airport so I'm guessing they are on their way home. Hopefully they will get some rest and train for worlds. I would love to see them rock their worlds performances. With the press they got at the Olympics, they should get more appearances and endorsements too.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa liked my comment on her insta :love:. This was literally the first time I've ever commented on a famous person's insta, and I'm generally wary of celebs SNS because they can get so much hate, but I'm glad she saw it because all the other comments were also positive! :yahoo:

She's liked some of mine. It is exciting, isn't it? Sarah Hughes responded to one of my comments on FB. I was over the moon.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They posted a picture at the airport so I'm guessing they are on their way home. Hopefully they will get some rest and train for worlds. I would love to see them rock their worlds performances. With the press they got at the Olympics, they should get more appearances and endorsements too.

Well, phooey, I was hoping they would stay and participate in the Closing Ceremony. I want to see them rock their world performances too, but surely 3 days prep time will not make that much difference?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
SP at Worlds: They were wonderful as usual.... twist scary as hell when her elbow hit Chris above the eyebrow and drew blood!! Hope he is OK... really really looking forward to their FS because I LOVE their connection more than anything else. She is a firecracker and he is such a stabilizing force! GO YOU TWO!!