Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLayback View Post
    For the long program the cuts from experience are similar to the cuts from Mariah bell's long program last year. the section drop of fragrance was composed by the composer of experience for them so it will include in original piece Written just for Chris and Alexa
    Such an honor... very much looking forward to this as well as the SP.. thanks for the update!!

1 Not allowed!
    This is such exciting news! Can't wait to see the programs. Very intrigued about the original piece!

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps el henry's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Unless I'm misreading Alexa and Chris' tweet, they say that "Drop of Fragrance" is composed by Maxime Rodriguez, not Ludovico Einaudi, and will be combined with "Experience"

That might actually make sense, because Maxime Rodriguez composed "Inner Love" for Jason Brown in the 2017-18 season. It was a lovely piece of music and I'm sure he'll do great work for Alexa and Chris.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    Unless I'm misreading Alexa and Chris' tweet, they say that "Drop of Fragrance" is composed by Maxime Rodriguez, not Ludovico Einaudi, and will be combined with "Experience"

That might actually make sense, because Maxime Rodriguez composed "Inner Love" for Jason Brown in the 2017-18 season. It was a lovely piece of music and I'm sure he'll do great work for Alexa and Chris.
    You are correct...I believe the new piece Drop of Fragrance was composed for the Knirems. Alexa said some the selections from experience were used by Mariah bell in her long program. Hope that clarifies my post.

2 Not allowed!
    "MAKING PROGRESS". I like that!!!! Wishing them all the best.

https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/stat...51238271209473

3 Not allowed!
    I hope they have a more stable season this year. They are great when they are on form. Can’t wait to see their progress

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Alexa got funding from the Women's Sports Foundation! Congrats to her! Hopefully this will make up some of their shortfall. https://twitter.com/alexa_knierim/st...27334136823809

I hear they are skating to Taylor Swift for their short.

2 Not allowed!
    Chris and ALexa were superb at Nebelhorn... SP was Beyonce cover "At Last"... both programs so beautiful... their confidence appears to be high. SBS jumps are still an issue; discussion in the comp thread was enlightening on that score... they are changing jump technique with Raf as their coach and it will take time to gel.. they have been through so much with 2 coaching changes in 2 years. All other elements are wonderful Knierim quality and the final one-handed lift in the free is there!! Really great skates from them!!

1 Not allowed!
    So happy for Alexa and Chris! and her dresses as always, are

I have seen in various places that they are changing jump technique, and I am wondering if someone can point me to an interview I have not seen or read any interviews about them working on their jump technique with Raf, but I certainly could have missed it. Of course, the mere fact that they skate at Great Park doesn’t mean they are working with him. Just curious....

But I thought the programs looked good and they looked confident

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Raf is listed as the second coach on the 2019-20 USFS bio for the Knierims. (The order is: Todd, Raf, Jenni.)

Raf is listed also on the current ISU bio for the Knierims. (The order there is: Todd, Jenni, Raf.)

At least one recent photo very clearly showed the Knierims on ice working with Raf. IIRC, Alexa posted it as an Instastory -- within the last month or so.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Ted said this of their SA sp practice: Their program is full of little subtleties that really make the choreography rich, and started pointing them out. So excited for their skate today. So is Tabitha (my cat). She loves to watch figure skating with me.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    What is wrong? Where do they go from here?

2 Not allowed!
    I'm not certain that anything is "wrong"? Alexa and Chris were only a few points out of third

They looked much better than they did last year. And Chris even stood up on some jumps. Everyone and their brother predicted them to finish fourth, and they did.

And I do like the FS. The SP, I need to warm up to.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    I'm not certain that anything is "wrong"? Alexa and Chris were only a few points out of third

They looked much better than they did last year. And Chris even stood up on some jumps. Everyone and their brother predicted them to finish fourth, and they did.

And I do like the FS. The SP, I need to warm up to.
    Agreed, this is a huge improvement over last season. The just need to do little things to clean up the elements but the elements themselves are much improved this year. If they could stay a bit more consistent, their PCS would also rise.

2 Not allowed!
    Alexa and Chris are featured in an article on the Olympic Channel:

With new outlook and new coaching team, Knierims look ahead

This was the first time that I had heard confirmed from Alexa and Chris themselves that they work with Rafael A. on jumps. Very interesting! Also, they have quite the team at Great Park.

They plan on stealth:

“We feel that many people probably have kind of written us off, because we’re an old married couple and we’re kind of labeled ‘can’t get it together,’” Scimeca Knierim said. “That’s almost an advantage, because I feel like for so long, we were considered the front-runners. I still believe we are. We’re trying to show we can get it together.”

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    They're still the #1 pair on MY list. As far as when I said "what is wrong?" I actually think they have improved by leaps and bounds. I think he stood up all his jumps, did he not? And she two footed the two throws in the long program? They were still beaten by a team that left out an entire element. That's crazy.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617