Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope not..
Set backs are hard to shake off, but harder for some than others. Count them as a part of career trajectory and they are easier to take. Take care of yourselves you two; can't wait to see these beautiful programs again!!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Oh dear. Confused. Unhappy. Looking for a way out. That's what I see in Chris K's eyes.

Looking for a way out... of what? Out of the KnC? Out of skating?

If indeed he wanted to quit, and only doing it for Alexa, is there someone else who could pair up with her? Would she want to skate with someone else?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

Looking for a way out... of what? Out of the KnC? Out of skating?

If indeed he wanted to quit, and only doing it for Alexa, is there someone else who could pair up with her? Would she want to skate with someone else?

I seriously don’t see her skating with anyone else. But I am not her.

Do y’all really think he would quit after a single (admittedly disastrous) skate?

oly2018

Final Flight
I don't know. That was the third free skate meltdown they have had since the Olympics. They have already switched coaches twice in that time period and things don't seem to be trending upward. I hope Jenny and Todd can help them work out whatever is going on mentally because that kiss and cry reaction was hard to watch. Alexa is clearly frustrated with their inability to reach their full potential.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know. That was the third free skate meltdown they have had since the Olympics. They have already switched coaches twice in that time period and things don't seem to be trending upward. I hope Jenny and Todd can help them work out whatever is going on mentally because that kiss and cry reaction was hard to watch. Alexa is clearly frustrated with their inability to reach their full potential.

I kind of give them a pass for last season. They tried some things that clearly didn’t suit them, which is good as that’s the way to find that out. They went to their first GP last season with no coach and I can’t remember if they had one by the 2nd one. They won a bronze GP medal last year. They had a horrific two skates at Nationals but that was due to injury and it was VERY hard to watch. Their first GP outing this year wasn’t great but not horrible either.

Anyway, I hope they slay at Nationals.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They desperately need great skates at Nats. I'm still puzzled as to why, when they jump, is Chris already in the air and Alexa hasn't left the ice yet.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They desperately need great skates at Nats. I'm still puzzled as to why, when they jump, is Chris already in the air and Alexa hasn't left the ice yet.

I don’t know, but I seem to remember it takes skaters 2 years to learn Raf’s technique?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are they in or out of Golden Spin?

They were not mentioned in the USFS press release on the comps this weekend. Mervin and Olivia were mentioned, so I am presuming that Alexa and Chris withdrew and Mervin and Olivia are going in their place, but I have seen no announcement to that effect.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My gold Alexa bag is on the way. Any news regarding possible injury? A friend feels the collection of mistakes they made on their last GP outing could be indicative of a foot/ankle injury on Chris’ part.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My gold Alexa bag is on the way. Any news regarding possible injury? A friend feels the collection of mistakes they made on their last GP outing could be indicative of a foot/ankle injury on Chris’ part.

I think you'd know first. :) Anyway, you're doing a very thorough job of putting the idea of injury out there. Some skaters don't want to talk about an injury because they don't want that to be their "story." Chris's history from last year at nationals makes that seem possible. On the other hand, Alexa's attitude in K&C at NHK seemed to be dismay and shock at their performance. From what I've observed of Alexa, I'd expect her to be very reassuriing in K&C if he was injured.

I really enjoyed this. Especially how, when Alexa said her first "hint," she and Chris responded exactly the same way, in unison, with a big laugh and then slinking down behind the table. (And they were blindfolded!) It was really cute.

I enjoyed all the "food phrase" bits I could find. Tarah and Danny's was hilarious. I saw Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's, but oddly, I don't remember anything. Just enjoyed them.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Good Luck in Greensboro Chris & Alexa... the programs are beautiful!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my Lordy. I think my screaming broke the sound barrier. Finally my babies slay. And I was here!!!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I may have screamed louder than Alexa did after their short! So happy for them for their gold medal!