Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
TSL has some new videos of Alexa & Chris from their "On the Road" series. Good stuff in here that shows off their dynamic. Alexa is more "intense" and Chris is more "laid-back" so they seem to balance each other out.

Profile/Fluff piece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2TObKQxwwM

This is a funny one where Alexa Sounds Off on past TSL criticism. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfwqI1UmaWk

Get to know Chris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ch3Z5DotcY

The videos are hilarious. Chris actually talks! Alexa does a spot on Dave Lease impersonation! They defend the mismatching blues! I'm a much bigger fan for having watched them.

LRK

Record Breaker
I really loved this program for them (the LP). For whatever reason, prior I have not really been able to connect to any of the programs they've had, something has always been... missing for me. But this really worked. They've been trying other things, but it seems that Serious Drama - and dare I say Epic?;) - might actually be their forte? They skated it with speed, verve, passion and power - well done!

Note: Their new SP is nice also, but I believe this LP bids fair to become one of my favourite programs of the season. :)

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I just watched their TSL interview and had to come here just to say that Alexa is my favourite personality now! She's fierce, she's funny, she's competitive, she's just awesome. I just became their (especially, her) fan by watching it. Way to go Alexa! Good luck in 2 weeks! :cheer::dance:

EDIT: and their new free is gorgeous! Love it!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched their TSL interview and had to come here just to say that Alexa is my favourite personality now! She's fierce, she's funny, she's competitive, she's just awesome. I just became their (especially, her) fan by watching it. Way to go Alexa! Good luck in 2 weeks! :cheer::dance:

EDIT: and their new free is gorgeous! Love it!

I agree regarding Alexa's personality.:love: I have to admit, I don't much about pairs or follow it much, but after the TSL interview, (with great quotes like I was fake blonde long before Gracie was fake blonde:laugh2:, or, to Jenny and Dave, if skaters had a bad day, why can't you say, too bad, sucks for them, and move on), I'm such a fangirl of Alexa's . Good luck to S/K at Skate America

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woo - hooooo, Alexa and Chris! What a way to start their GP journey for this season, by leading in the SP.

I liked their program way more today than I did a few weeks ago at Nebelhorn. It must be, they are skating it with such conviction, that's what I felt coming through. Maybe they've added some nuances? I like the edginess of it, and I like that they're taking themselves into a new direction with their 2 programs and the music. Reinventing themselves.

I'm so happy for this team. :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cheer: for the fierce Alexa! & Chris too.

In the post skate press conference, Alexa said they upped the intensity in the first half of the program. I don't know if they changed anything substantive, but I like their attitude. Good luck in the free!:cheer2:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Intensity, yes, that's exactly what I was feeling. Thanks, el henry. I think that intensity is something they needed together. When they first started skating together, I liked them right away. I think they went more with a romantic mood.

Intensity brings out another side in them which is very interesting. I felt it from Chris as well, even though I know he's stable, laid back, etc. Several commentators said last season (including Eurosport Brits) that they wished they felt more connection between the two. Which is ironic, since they have a real-life connection. But the intensity brings out the connection to each other and the audience. Very good.

musicfan80

Medalist
Really excited for Alexa and Chris! Best of luck to them in the FS.

Even if they don't hold on to the lead and get a silver or bronze, this is seriously an awesome start to the season! :cheer:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Silver medal! Seriously Awesome, indeed!

Congratulations, Alexa and Chris :love: :cheer:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wanting to show a little love for the *American* pairs team that made the GPF final. Who would have thought that pairs, rather than men, would have constituted the third discipline for the Americans. (yeah, I know, TEB and Jason's injury, still....)

Go Alexa and Chris!:party2:

humbaba

Final Flight
Congrats to Alexa and Chris on making the Grand Prix Final. Hope you have a blast in Spain.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Alexa and Chris! I agree with ESP guys that A/C presentation has gotten better steadily every time I've seen them recently. Awesome! IMO they're improving their connection on the ice. They're really coming into their own, and I'm excited for them and for us, U.S. pairs fans.

I'm happy that they've made this steady progress and have made the GPF, the first time since 2007 for a U.S. pair.

I also love that in their TSL interview, they included in their goals to get one US pair in the top 5, and to have two teams place well enough to earn 3 spots at worlds for US pairs.

Great job, Alexa and Chris!

belladashwood

Rinkside
Just bumping this up, so excited to see Alexa & Chris at the GPF, I know they're not expected to medal but just making the GPF has to be icing on the cake, proving that they're one of the top elite pairs in the world & capable to compete with all the other top pair teams as well :party2:.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:yahoo: for Alexa and Chris and their 4CC free skate. So good to see it done cleanly, and that Twist: that element is :love:

And I love Alexa's happy dance. Heck, Chris even cracked a smile:biggrin:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Their LP - BESP version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpDZMC0Sisw

When I first saw this program at Nebelhorn, I loved it, but the performances since have disappointed me as they did not quite live up to that potential - but this... was brilliant!:) I hope they can replicate this at Worlds'.:)

andromache

Record Breaker
According to Jackie Wong, Alexa and Chris had the following elements in practice: sbs3S, thr3F, 3Tw, SP runthru (3Tw, sbs3S, thr3F(step)), thr3F(step), 4Tw

Some stepouts, but no falls on the SbSs! Hoping they can end up in that top 6!