Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

sarama

Medalist
Maybe it was discussed somewhere else but I couldn't find it, does anybody know if there was something wrong with Alexa's skates during the FS in Boston. I know she lamented her right blade slipping but not knowing if it was just a feeling or an actual problem. I rewatched their FS and honestly it looks to me as though she had issues with that foot/skate throughout all program, even outside of the elements, she had many minor bobbles :scratch2:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, D/R are the world champs. I think SOI would not have ignored World gold medallists.

Still, I know they didn't do as well as they wanted at Worlds, but Alexa and Chris made the GPF, which was more than Adam (and I *like* Adam) did. I think Metallica and their EX would have slayed at SOI.

lyndichee

Medalist
I hope they get invited next year. Seeing SOI in person last year in Canada was fun and the pairs teams drew the most oo's and aw's on their bigger elements. The lifts were more exciting than the ice dance teams. I mean I understand that Weaver/Poje are 2-time world silver medalists, but seeing the throws and lifts from Duhamel and Radford made me want to see another pairs team instead. I'm sure crowds would absolutely love S/K's twist.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hope they get invited next year. Seeing SOI in person last year in Canada was fun and the pairs teams drew the most oo's and aw's on their bigger elements. The lifts were more exciting than the ice dance teams. I mean I understand that Weaver/Poje are 2-time world silver medalists, but seeing the throws and lifts from Duhamel and Radford made me want to see another pairs team instead. I'm sure crowds would absolutely love S/K's twist.

Yes, their twist is to die for :luv17: And they have shown they are capable of magnificent skating at 4CC this year. I cannot understand why neitherr them nor Kanye/O'She were invited. I think it's rude to exclude US champions of only one discipline :disapp:

lyndichee

Medalist
Yes, their twist is to die for :luv17: And they have shown they are capable of magnificent skating at 4CC this year. I cannot understand why neitherr them nor Kanye/O'She were invited. I think it's rude to exclude US champions of only one discipline :disapp:

I think it's because they have 3 really successful dance teams as well. It is really unfortunate as most of my friends are more impressed by pairs skating and I think it would attract more casual viewers. A lot of my guys friends (typical males who love to hit the gym) love to watch videos of pairs skating that I send them because they love the lifts and are really impressed.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think it's because they have 3 really successful dance teams as well. It is really unfortunate as most of my friends are more impressed by pairs skating and I think it would attract more casual viewers. A lot of my guys friends (typical males who love to hit the gym) love to watch videos of pairs skating that I send them because they love the lifts and are really impressed.

I wouldn't exclude Ice Dance teams, just add one Pairs team ;) And you must have nice friends :thumbsup: I've been most impressed by Pairs since I can remember, too!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yeah. I've been thinking about this. SOI has a tradition begun by Scott Hamilton to invite the new US champions. It's smart, because even non-uber fans have often heard who won nationals. So this would have been Tarah and Danny's year, but how could they exclude Alexa and Chris, after 4CC and worlds? And maybe they couldn't afford both; the tour is down to only six cities now. So maybe the mgmt. decision was, neither.

If so (and mind you, I'm only speculating, I don't know what mgmt was thinking) .... Not smart, IMO. I completely agree with lyndichee. Many of my male friends are more impressed by pairs, and pairs attract more of the general audience anyway.

I continue to be bummed by hearing Alexa say in the pre-world WWWT interview that her least favorite element is lifts.:eeking::gaah: Lifts are my favorite :luv17::hap93: element in pairs! I concur with Chris, answering the same question, who said SBS spins.

I think it was John Coughlin on IN (or Kurt Browning on CBC?) who talked about how dynamic Alexa's twist is in the air, compared to some of the other pairs women. I thought that was very eloquent. It speaks to how important each person's contribution is; Chris has to be able to throw her very high; and her fabulous technique makes the twist even more thrilling.

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
I am glad that it appears that Alexa is doing better. I'm starting to get really nervous about U.S. pairs this season. I feel like Nationals is now wide open.

I have an admin question: Are they officially Knierim & Knierim now? Should we change the title of this fan thread?

On a sillier note, did they always have only two cats? For some reason, I thought the Knierim's had three or four cats roaming around their house. :laugh: