Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am glad that it appears that Alexa is doing better. ...

I have an admin question: Are they officially Knierim & Knierim now? Should we change the title of this fan thread? ...

On social media, Alexa refers to herself both as "Alexa Scimeca Knierim" (Twitter) and "Alexa Knierim" (Instagram) -- so not clear yet what her top preference is, IMO.
(USFS has referred to her both ways as well.)

FWIW, their IN bio and ISU bio have been changed to "Alexa Scimeca Knierim."

As for her health:
My optimism is cautious, although I of course am glad that the photo from a few days ago showed her at the rink.
Over her months of illness, she has been able to skate at least to some extent .... so the status of her recovery seems impossible to extrapolate.
Continue to wish her the best, as we all do.​

ETA:
Pleased to discover yesterday's photo/comment from Alexa after I originally posted. Excerpt:
... I'm finally smiling again. ...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKwzsGWBN5q/?taken-by=alexa_knierim (Sep 24)​

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am glad that it appears that Alexa is doing better. I'm starting to get really nervous about U.S. pairs this season. I feel like Nationals is now wide open.

I have an admin question: Are they officially Knierim & Knierim now? Should we change the title of this fan thread?

On a sillier note, did they always have only two cats? For some reason, I thought the Knierim's had three or four cats roaming around their house. :laugh:

It is *never* silly to ask about cats.:laugh: as far as I know, Alexa and Chris have had two max, along with (now) two rather large dogs.

I am glad to see Alexa appears to be feeling better. Although of course her recovery is the first concern, I also hope for skating, if possible, this season:hap10:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Alexa ScimecaKnierim ‏@lexxapaige · 3h3 hours ago
When you wake up with a cat on your head...#bliss 😻

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Scimeca Knierim (as she goes by now) is recovering from a medical procedure for an undisclosed ailment.
U.S. Figure Skating announces that @Scimeca_Knierim have withdrawn from their Grand Prix assignments (Rostelecom, Cup of China).
https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/781158140649897984

A pity, but it's for the better so I don't mind. I would rather see a fierce and healthy Alexa instead of an un-prepared/not recovered one.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Totally agree - and that's pretty grueling travel and jet lag if you're not feeling 100%. Wishing her a full recovery.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm sorry to hear they won't be at the GP, but relieved that Alexa is feeling so much better.

musicfan80

Medalist
I'm glad that Alexa is doing better - there's not too many things more important than your health. I will say I was quite uncomfortable with the speculation about what is/was wrong in the article thread in The Edge.

Putting that aside, I hope Alexa recovers to 100% and that her and Chris have a great performance at U.S. Nationals. I do hate that U.S. Nationals would be their season debut - that could be stressful. Maybe there's a competition in late November or December they can do (if they are ready).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cross-posting from Max Aaron's thread:

Alexa/Chris (as well as Max) will be performing in an outdoor ice show on Dec 18 in NYC :yay:.

The show is organized by ice dancers Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov, who are the resident coaches/instructors at Brookfield Place.

I am hopeful that the show will be free of charge.
(In Feb 2016, Melissa and Denis held a free show at Brookfield Place. The cast for that one included Mirai and Jeremy.)

[Max, Alexa, and Chris recently were among the faces in Melissa's big group photo at the World Arena.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cross-posting from Max Aaron's thread:

Alexa/Chris (as well as Max) will be performing in an outdoor ice show on Dec 18 in NYC :yay:.

The show is organized by ice dancers Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov, who are the resident coaches/instructors at Brookfield Place.

I am hopeful that the show will be free of charge.
(In Feb 2016, Melissa and Denis held a free show at Brookfield Place. The cast for that one included Mirai and Jeremy.)

[Max, Alexa, and Chris recently were among the faces in Melissa's big group photo at the World Arena.

The show is free, according to this page. You can sign up to skate with Alexa, Chris and Max (for a fee) after the show.

I'm hoping to attend this, since it's a quick walk from where I live and hope it won't be frigid that night :) Nice to see the World Arena's biggest names coming to my neighborhood!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alexa and Chris back on the ice, and I just loooove :love: this supersweet tweet from Chris:

"So happy to have this girl back out there with me in the spot light! Great night in NYC. #lovemywifey"

https://twitter.com/ChrisKnierim/status/810652268769013760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

And this short video of a lift and spiral from Jackie Wong:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOLfj4XhCK5/

:hap10: for Alexa and Chris

Nice to see they're on their way back. In a way, it's been a much duller season without Alexa being uhm uh keeping it real on TheSkatingLesson. You have been much missed!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great to hear Alexa & Chris are getting back to buisness! Pairs are finally getting back from diffrent ills & injuries! :cheer:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I attended the ice show last night and got video of their entire new SP (modified for the smallish rink) to supplement Jackie Wong's clip above.

Although I'm kind of over Moulin Rouge routines at this point, I think "Come What May" is appropriate given their own love story/marriage and it could be a signature program for them. And that triple twist was to die for! :love:

Also took video of their introduction and some cool tricks (the Detroiter!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55TbCG0Uxto (Apparently the copyright police have muted the track in some countries due to the use of "Me, Myself and I.")

So glad to see them back and in good shape. Even though it was windy and cold (you can hear the wind in my video), they gave a great performance.

ETA: I tweeted a link to the video and Alexa/Chris liked my tweet and TSL shared my video on FB, which means lots of views! :)

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
They're looking good, but it's hard to appreciate the program fully on the small rink. Is that a shorter hairdo for Alexa? I like it.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They're looking good, but it's hard to appreciate the program fully on the small rink. Is that a shorter hairdo for Alexa? I like it.

Yes, the rink was tiny, but I still enjoyed the scaled down program. I think Alexa's had the shorter bob for a while now, I think she cut it right after they got married.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
I attended the ice show last night and got video of their entire new SP (modified for the smallish rink) to supplement Jackie Wong's clip above.

Although I'm kind of over Moulin Rouge routines at this point, I think "Come What May" is appropriate given their own love story/marriage and it could be a signature program for them. And that triple twist was to die for! :love:

Also took video of their introduction and some cool tricks (the Detroiter!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55TbCG0Uxto (Apparently the copyright police have muted the track in some countries due to the use of "Me, Myself and I.")

So glad to see them back and in good shape. Even though it was windy and cold (you can hear the wind in my video), they gave a great performance.

ETA: I tweeted a link to the video and Alexa/Chris liked my tweet and TSL shared my video on FB, which means lots of views! :)

Thank you for the great video! It's so good to see them skating again. I've really missed them this year.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks @apgold for the great videos (and loved the intro and the Detroiter:biggrin:)

It also reminds me just how cold and windy that night was (I am 80 miles due west of NYC, so I imagine the weather was similar). And Alexa in that tiny skating costume:eekn: Brrr!