Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
scrolling randomly at ISU skaters' profiles Alexa hobby: everything sparkling

:rofl:, gotta love that girl, best wishes for them at upcoming 4CC!!!!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
scrolling randomly at ISU skaters' profiles Alexa hobby: everything sparkling

:rofl:, gotta love that girl, best wishes for them at upcoming 4CC!!!!
With everything being kinda dreary here in Canada due to winter, I'd want anything to sparkle. 😅

NicolettaL

Final Flight
I love how Alexa can transform from this super rock chick at last year SP to this one. Hope 4CC will go well for them

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishing good luck to Alexa and Chris at 4CC.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I fell in love with this pair at 4CC's. Adore them!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't believe these two don't have more fans here!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^It was good to see them at 4CC again. I hope they are able to do well at Worlds. They've been off the radar for a while now, but I love their programs for this year. My only concern with them is their inconsistent SBS jumps. I know they've been working at trying to improve. We'll see if their extra training helped.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^:laugh2: Oops! They look good tho don't they?! Very strong and nice unison (even though it is just a short clip).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Article about Alexa's illness (warning, don't read while eating lunch) and recovery. Poor thing was ill on her wedding day. Glad she has recovered - looks like she's been through a lot.

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/03/21/alexa-scimeca-knierim-injury-figure-skating/

Everyone talks about "strength" and "fortitude" in this sport, but this is true strength. Losing 20 pounds for a woman Alexa's size, I can't imagine.

So glad to see them back. Whatever they do at Worlds, they will slay in my eyes:hap10:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, they already had me in tears at 4CC. Now I'm REALLY in tears! Talk about fighters! Amazing! So happy that they will be able to compete at Worlds. What an inspiration. Their joy at 4CC was contagious, and I understand better now why they felt that way. All the best to this amazing pair, both on and off the ice! :)

Kittosuni

Medalist
So what exactly happened to her? It would be nice to know what exactly was the condition. 3 surgeries? wow. Its her right to disclose infos she only wants but the vague tidbits she is dropping I think creates more confusion. Anyways best of luck to her.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what exactly happened to her? It would be nice to know what exactly was the condition. 3 surgeries? wow. Its her right to disclose infos she only wants but the vague tidbits she is dropping I think creates more confusion. Anyways best of luck to her.

I am afraid I disagree that these are "vague tidbits". Vomiting uncontrollably for days over a period of months? An already slender gal loses 20 pounds? Three surgeries (including a photo of a pretty impressive midline incision and taking a stomach tube out of her stomach?) Alexa has been pretty forthcoming.

Now, has she said "I was diagnosed with XYZ syndrome" or "I had ABC disease". No, she has not. As a fan who wishes her the best, I might want to know so I can look it up to see just how "pair girls strong" she's been, I agree to that. But certainly Alexa has no need to disclose more.

What I do know is that she is now on the ice with Chris and I could not be more impressed by *any* skater (and I mean *any*) this season.

I do hope they slay :clap:

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
So proud of Alexa and Chris for a top 10 finish and keeping the U.S. two spots! :hap10: :hap36: :clapper: Especially considering what they've been through the past year.

This should put them in a great place as USA's top pairs team. :yes:

Hoping that they have a great off-season - unless they are competing at the World Team Trophy. Looking forward to a fancam/video of them at the Skate It Forward show in early May.

mintx

On the Ice
What's up with the 1 or 2 Olympic spots? Tanith said we might lose one because of the number of pairs teams already qualified.

That said I am thrilled for Alexa and Chris. They did an awesome job and looked so in love.