Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS posted a short video of Mirai Nagasu and the Knierims at their headquarters - with their dogs! CUTE!

I can't imagine how much dog food the Knierims spend each month. :shocked:

And ... FWIW, Alexa mentioned in this USFS FB Live session that Chris and she will be going to Monument today for SP choreo.

It was part of her answer to the open-ended question of something like: What are your plans for the rest of the day?

I know they already announced their new FS, with choreo by Christopher Dean.
But I don't remember hearing anything about their SP??

But I digress ;). In more important news:
Seems that Cami won Best Dressed at USFS Pet Day :cool::
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVCzyQ8FYdp/?taken-by=alexa_knierim (Jun 7)​

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa and Chris in Monument for an SP?

If they have a Rohene SP, my two fav pairs will then have Rohene SPs, and I will be in pairs' heaven:agree:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^This would indeed be great news! Let's hope!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Alexa and Chris in Monument for an SP?

If they have a Rohene SP, my two fav pairs will then have Rohene SPs, and I will be in pairs' heaven:agree:

There was a Facebook video at Figure Skaters Online showing them working with Rohene. So you are in luck! They all looked great (including Rohene).

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was a Facebook video at Figure Skaters Online showing them working with Rohene. So you are in luck! They all looked great (including Rohene).

Thank you for the update! I just went on Facebook and looked, I am sooo sooo happy!:hap57:

Rohene always looks fab, even in a down vest and sweats ;) I posted the first part of this series with Rohene in the Jason fan fest, and I am thrilled more are being posted.

But oh bother, that remake of Paint It Black?:confused: Is that the same one Misha used? What's wrong with the Stones?

My age is showing:biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
since I've re-watched today Alexa and Chris performances at Helsinki Worlds (and teared up again!), I went through their IG accounts and found this one from April posted (I'm sorry if it was already posted): https://www.instagram.com/p/BTcOSYgFLsU/?taken-by=alexa_knierim - such a stunning photo! And that position - looking very effortless and elegant:love:, they do truly make a stunning sight every time I see them - on or off ice. Cannot wait to see their programs

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like married life agrees with them. Don't they look great?! So happy Alexa is doing better.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are just too cute together:love: (and the deck and the yard look great).

More difficult choreo? From Rohene and Christopher Dean? And they can drop by to polish it up whenever they want?

Bring it on:hap10:

madforskating

On the Ice
since I've re-watched today Alexa and Chris performances at Helsinki Worlds (and teared up again!), I went through their IG accounts and found this one from April posted (I'm sorry if it was already posted): https://www.instagram.com/p/BTcOSYgFLsU/?taken-by=alexa_knierim - such a stunning photo! And that position - looking very effortless and elegant:love:, they do truly make a stunning sight every time I see them - on or off ice. Cannot wait to see their programs

Not fair; they make it look so easy!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I like Alexa's caption: Just hanging out. :luv17:

Just wanted to say I did the same thing a few weeks ago -- including the tearing up! Something about their performance, especially the long program, really touched me. Can't wait to see them back this season!

DelRetiro

On the Ice
Not fair; they make it look so easy!

If you ever hear some dimwit say that figure skating isn't a sport, show them this picture. Only truly great athletes who train like crazy have the strength, balance, and flexibility necessary to make something so difficult look so ridiculously easy.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
If you ever hear some dimwit say that figure skating isn't a sport, show them this picture. Only truly great athletes who train like crazy have the strength, balance, and flexibility necessary to make something so difficult look so ridiculously easy.

I agree, especially considering Pairs discipline, where it takes not only TWO people to have an ability to jump triples/combos, to do such lifts, spins, twist etc., but to synchronize all of this, making a functioning program, include step sequence and make it all look effortless and in full commitment. Sadly, some people cannot get past 'cute' costumes and 'twirling on ice to some music' stereotypes about figure skating and title themselves to judge those hard working athletes like Alexa and Chris.

This lift from Alexa's IG picture shows only how professional they are and that the beauty goes on pair with technicality of this discipline. For me, they truly proved that by their last Worlds appearance - not only they showed true grit and determination in participating at all, but how well they did; programs were amazing for me - their beauty taken from pure connection between them, this love I feel every time I see them and the powerfulness of emotions.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I watched the pairs' practices at Worlds in Helsinki, it really reminded me of how difficult pairs skating is. Not only are the elements difficult, but the timing of everything is so crucial. I am in awe and still wonder how they all pull it all together and make it look so amazing! I really enjoyed Alexa and Chris and have such high hopes for them this season! Glad that her health difficulties seem to be behind her at this point.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love these guys so much. Do they have Grand Prix assignments?