Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Cross posting news about our favs.

Not sure how some might take this, but there's news from the Vanessa & Morgan camp for European fans! Just announced: Vanessa & Morgan are coming to Poland for Art On Ice in Gdansk, Poland on December 20 - 21, 2019.

Here's your chance to at least see them live, until they step back on competition ice.

With all of these show invitations they are now getting, man am I happy they didn't win Worlds! Alas, so so happy with their sudden rise in popularity. :gclap:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Cross posting news about our favs.

Not sure how some might take this, but there's news from the Vanessa & Morgan camp for European fans! Just announced: Vanessa & Morgan are coming to Poland for Art On Ice in Gdansk, Poland on December 20 - 21, 2019.

Here's your chance to at least see them live, until they step back on competition ice.

With all of these show invitations they are now getting, man am I happy they didn't win Worlds! Alas, so so happy with their sudden rise in popularity. :gclap:

Good for them! 1) Art on Ice is a really good show and skating there will win them new fans, and 2) they can get some more show money to top up the coffers for the next two years too. Nice work...

skybrigade

Rinkside
I'm so glad so many of y'all keep us updated. I was worried they weren't going to be around, they're my favorite pairs team right now.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Morgan received the médaille d’honneur at the French Assemblée nationale yesterday (I think), including accepting Vanessa's medal on her behalf, it looks like. There are some photos here on his instagram.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So sad and disappointed to read this about one of my favorite pairs teams :(... my heart goes out to the young lady..

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad and disappointed to read this about one of my favorite pairs teams :(... my heart goes out to the young lady..

Agreed. The impact to the rest of their season will be huge. If I were advising them, I would say to not compete the rest of the season and wait this out. We will see.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Came to the pairs thread earlier and when I saw they were at the top I thought it was maybe an announcement about them returning to compete later in the season. What a shock I got! They have been one of my favourite teams and as a fan it is bitterly disappointing to think that he may be involved in something so disgraceful. I hope it is investigated and dealt with appropriately.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I'm beyond disappointed. It'll be hard to watch their great performances again knowing what we do now. I just hope that Vanessa didn't know.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

ragdoll

On the Ice
I love their skating but after such immature and irresponsible behaviour they probably can't come back. Their skating will be missed though.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She should break away from him in order not to get tainted.

As a sensitive woman she could, should have known the behaviour of her partner around young and adolescent girls was odd or even off. Alpha male machos his kind make no secret of their sex drive.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I know there is a lot of vitriol about them now bc of Morgan's past actions, but honestly I still love them and miss them greatly on the competitive circuit.

To this point, I spent new years eve watching fs with a neighbor who's not into skating, but after watching a few J/C programs he said "I like this skating" and he wanted to watch more Vanessa & Morgan.

I miss them so much and wonder how long is the wait for another pair to bring the same level of excitement and sensuality to skating that Vanessa & Morgan found in the last few years of their careers?

Regardless of the outcome I will always love what they brought to this sport.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for posting this... I hope to see them competing together this New Year with renewed vigor, issues resolved, hard lessons learned..:pray:

I take it they aren't competing in Europeans? I remember that was their plan earlier. They're not in the participants list as far as I can tell.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I take it they aren't competing in Europeans? I remember that was their plan earlier. They're not in the participants list as far as I can tell.

I don't believe so... they did take part in the recent Gala in Italy but no news that I can see regarding future shows or competitions..