Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Was Vanessa in pain after the gala performance?
She was sort of dropped on one knee after that scary spin series ...
And she looked uncomfortable with a grimace on her face and grabbed her knee when leaving the arena.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sorry for double-posting, but: Vanessa posted an Instagram story today that showed her and Morgan trialling a new variation on the end of their FS! It's the same lift, but just after Morgan goes down into the lunge - so, late enough that it doesn't count as an extra/illegal turn in the final lift, I assume (or maybe they've taken one turn out from earlier in the lift?) - he does a half-turn on the ice before dropping Vanessa down. It seems to make it easier for him to stop, he can use his toe-pick more, so maybe we'll finally get to see Wicked Games without a time violation marring the score-sheet at Worlds!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Vanessa has been posting some more instagram stories from Worlds practice today, and the latest has the new variation of the ending list to Wicked Games in it - so cool!

iexela

Rinkside
Could you, Harriet, post the link of her instagram stories from Worlds practice, please? Thanks a lot!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unfortunately you can't link to instagram stories, or at least if you can I don't know how to. They go away after 24 hours too. But if you have an instagram account you can just log in, go to her page and click on her icon, and it will play. You don't have to follow her to see it as long as you're logged in.

iexela

Rinkside
Unfortunately you can't link to instagram stories, or at least if you can I don't know how to. They go away after 24 hours too. But if you have an instagram account you can just log in, go to her page and click on her icon, and it will play. You don't have to follow her to see it as long as you're logged in.

Well, no Instagram account, no stories:sad21:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, no Instagram account, no stories:sad21:

:( That's the bad thing about them.

But the Pairs SP is about to start...good luck to Vanessa and Morgan! They definitely have the whole world wishing them well. :hap10:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm kind of heartbroken and sick for them both right now. That collision in the warm-up threw them right off - both of them, not just Vanessa. They fought to the last note, but it wasn't to be, and as always when they make even the tiniest mistake their PCS nosedived*. Sometimes the skating universe is more than especially unfair. :(

*Even more than required by the rule changes for this year, I mean.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I have enjoyed them all season; this SP is truly avant guarde and a risk but daring and innovative imho.. I recall watching an earlier comp version of it on YouTube recently with Russian commentary, one word of which was understandable to me because it was in English... "cocktail" with a little laugh, no mistaking the intent :rolleye: Kudos to J & C for their courage in presenting a grounded modern program that really works but one that audiences were not ready for. I wish them fresh air, sunshine, a strong fighting spirit and the very best in the free. :dev2: :clap: :hap10:

VenusHalley

Final Flight
What worries me is she said she was skating with a headache and felt tired halfway through her program... please let this not be a serious injury :(

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Absolute best of luck to Vanessa and Morgan for today's free skate. So long as they have a skate they can take pride in, that's all I ask.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was a tremendous fightback. Small bronze, and less than three points off the podium - with Vanessa still feeling the aftereffects of that crash, I'm sure, because that's not the sort of ouch that goes away overnight. I'm so happy for them.

And apparently they commented in the mixed zone that they don't plan to retire. Squeeeeeee! :hap93: