Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I watched them during practice, she was falling over and over again and yet still getting up with a smile on her face. Don't know how she does it! Gotta give them credit for going for the difficult elements, even though they are so risky. During the Ice Network commentary, John Coughlin (former U.S. pairs skater) talked about how difficult it is to fall and then have to gather yourself up and continue on with your program. He talked about Vanessa and Morgan and said how awesome it will be if they can pull off the quad throw and the rippon throw but how hard it is to get back into your program if you fall. Quite interesting commentary.

I wish them good luck in the future and hope that Morgan can improve his attitude. He looked totally spent at the end of the program, so I guess I have to cut him a little slack! This is the second time I have seen them live, and I have been very impressed with them both times.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Congrats to Vanessa and Morgan! Such interesting choreo and some great elements. I really love their FS music too.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I had a dream that they actually won Trophee de France :laugh: I love their style and their elements. I wish them the best!

liv

Record Breaker
They have such nice long lines and look good together on the ice... and this performance was so much better than the previous one. I hope they can finally nail that throw with the arms above her head... it will be so amazing to see. they have so much potential and I just hope they can finally reach it. I'm a new fan.

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two were ON FIRE tonight!!! I hope they will skate just as well in the long and bring home their first Euros medal! :cheer: I've never enjoyed watching them skate as much as I did today!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
That SP was amazing. I am so happy for them. I really hope they can skate well in the free and get that medal!!!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
YESSSSSSS finally an amazing SP! Literally melted by how hot and perfect they were. Glad they ditched the rippon as that messed them up quite a few times. TES was on point today! Those salchows were to die for (I'm not sure why GOE's weren't +3 across the board?!), and I love the transition into the throw! So innovative! Please send these choreographers to American pairs ASAP!

Noting their success in the SP by not doing a rippon throw, they should tone down the difficulty and ditch the quad for the FS if they want to be on the podium. They seem more than capable of doing all their SBS and throw triples cleanly, and consistent, clean skates have a much bigger impact in raising PCS and prestige than doing harder but inconsistent and badly executed elements. They could bring the quad out again for Senior B events when they have better success with it.

Please skate clean tomorrow! :love:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Gorgeous SP. I loved the musical timing. Made it so special. The jump combo and the entrance to the throw were especially wonderful!

And their excitement was so cute! :love:

Pika

Final Flight
Woow Vanessa and Morgan were amazing last night :love: the program is so well choregraphed and they perform it perfectly ! I was so excited when she landed the 3FTh, and I screamed when the scores came out! Honestly after seeing Laurine being held down in the afternoon, I was ready to see the judges keep them behind the usual favorites.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! Just fabulous! She is a real firecracker -- love her! Glad to see they toned down the tech just a little bit since Skate Amer. The rippon throw just wasn't worth the risk. When I went to see them at their SA practice, I couldn't get over the rough falls she was taking -- and each time she just got up with a big smile on her face! They are amazing, and I can see how much better their timing is now later in the season. Lots of luck to them in the FS. They are very special!

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for 2 posts in a row but WOW! :jaw: What an FS performance from Vanessa and Morgan. John Zimmerman is thrilled to death! I love this pair!
3rd ! Good for them!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wooohoooo these two made my week!!! Words can't express how happy I am for them! :yahoo: :cheer:

Marta25

Medalist
FINALLY! After all those years of making mistakes and getting close to the Euros podium, they finally did it! Congrats! :clap:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am sooooo happy for them!! Congrats for the medal! Their hard work paid off! Now off to world and skate like that again! Or even Better!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Who would've thought that they would have to work THIS hard to get onto the podium at Euros this year?! They beat S/K! WOW! Congratulations!!! I LOVE both of their programs this season!