Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

berry8

Final Flight
I've watched this comp with my family: according to us Vanessa and Morgan should have won the LP:) Such a great program!!!

Pika

Final Flight
I can't express how happy I am !!!! I literally screamed when I read a text message saying that they finished 3rd.... And that was THE performance of the competition for me !! Their FP is wonderful and the progress they made within a year is incredible. 145 is a fantastic score, with great PCS, definitely putting them with the best pairs!
Thank you Vanessa and Morgan for this moment!! :clap: :hap93: :love:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I think they should have won??!! but CONGRATS on bronze and skating two amazing performances!!!!!!

liv

Record Breaker
I am most happy about seeing THEM happy with their skating. So many times they look dejected... this time a fantastic skate, they knew it, the coaches knew it, they got a huge ovation from the crowd... and a bronze medal to top it off. What a great competition for them. I look forward to them getting better and better.... this coaching move has paid off.

janav

On the Ice
Just came back from the arena. Ladies and gents, this is skating at its finest. Amazing, spectacular, mesmerizing...I could write hundred adjectives describing them and still, I wouldn't make them justice. Words just cannot describe that. Watching them skating all these years, you knew they had this in them. Finally, all that hard work payed off. I'm sure this medal is just the start. I'm so happy I got to be there to witness that. If someone asks me why are pairs my favourite discipline, I'll probably show them one of these skates. :points:

So, I hear John Zimmerman has to shave his head now? I hope he'll livestream that. :laugh:

Plumededragon

Medalist
They were just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! So happy and proud of them! This coaching change was definitely THE right decision! :love: And the public was superb, so loud, encouraging and supportive!
Tons of people are saying that this is the best pair event in a long while, and I agree. Tonight was magic. :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was only able to catch the final flight, but it was really spectacular. So happy for Vanessa and Morgan and Coach Zimmerman.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I loved that FS, but I loved their reactions and the crowd support even more. Congratulations Vanessa and Morgan on such an amazing competition! :clap:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I've been quite busy this week so couldn't watch the competitions live. When I saw the SP results, it was shocking to see these two beating S/K and S/M. I've just seen their performance and absolutely loved it! They were on fire! All the detailes of choreography work so good for them. Nice to see they held into podium with a fantastic FS, so touching yet powerful. I hope there will be more to come from Vanessa and Morgan in the following seasons. Does anyone know if they are planning to retire after the olympic season?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow, they skated really well, they have two fantastic programs this season and both look fabulous (alone and together)! :hap10:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wooohoooo these two made my week!!! Words can't express how happy I am for them! :yahoo: :cheer:

I hope someone gets a photo of Coach Zimmerman without his trademark hair!

Two wonderful programs, skated with great attention to detail and musicality!

I will rewatch both programs many times.

:love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am so glad
1) they skated well

2) they were "somehow IMHO" rewarded (i think they deserved a bit higher rank)

3) they were happy... I almost cried (damn I am turning into a crier) when Morgan sort of pointed his hand in direction of Vanessa meaning... "look at her, she rocked!" because we know how both of them have a fiery relationship...

finally, I feel in skating love with them at ACI ... they are spectacular.... Their 4S throw is :eekn: in a good way

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Entertainment Weekly is a pretty big publication. I was super excited when I saw this article!

NicolettaL

Final Flight
About that. Somebody showed EL. James link to Vanessa and Morgan skate and she was really pleased to see it :D

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was like 'YAS, SLAYYYY!!!' during SP (I mean, how sizzling was that?!) and 'OMG, THEY'RE STILL SLAYING!' during FS, so glad that nerves from steel, sharpness and consistency have arrived in the house of Vanessa and Morgan:cheer:

it was special to witness, such skill finally refined and controlled, interesting, unique choreography :)bow: to John Kerr and Silvia Fontana involved, fabulous job!), musicality, emotions expressed, so much charisma, chemistry (SP and those looks, dam....), and good to see them holding their stuff together and getting rewarded accordingly (or so).

YAS to Vanessa and her catsuits (she's rocking them and they're rocking her!)

YAS to emotional Morgan!

YAS to great, innovative programs!

YAS to John Zimmermann and his work!

YAS to smashing all best scores!

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Here is an excerpt from the recent article by Inside Skating:
Colours of the Europeans: the light, the glam, the silence

“We were never as happy as we are today”, Vanessa will say, minutes after the skate. And later on, during the post-event press conference, she’ll dissect the day, the performance, their thoughts going into the free skate, in front of the journalists in the room. It’s almost 23:00 – but no one leaves the area yet; a touching confession follows: “We were not expecting anything really, especially today, because two years ago we were third in the short program, and then we had a catastrophy: I forgot the program, the long program. Horrible experience. But we learned from this. And today we just stayed very concentrated and focused on what we had to do, on what we’ve been doing in practice. And I told Morgan after the program: It doesn’t matter what the result is, cause I am very proud of us. So it was a good surprise, I wasn’t waiting for it. I didn’t want to expect anything, and I expected these amazing skaters to skate the way that they did, so I was prepared for anything, just to fight. So I think we shouldn’t expect much, and maybe it will all just come now”. She laughs and continues: “We’ll continue to progress, I hope”.

As for Morgan, his mind might still be on the ice of Ostravar Arena: “It was just amazing for us. Standing ovations – it’s not like this every day. I think sometimes we can have this in France, because we are French. But here it was a dream, I wanted to stay on the ice… maybe till tomorrow. I want to say thank you a lot to this amazing audience today and yesterday”. And then, his voice trembling: “It wasn’t really easy every day, but we have trained a lot and we believed in ourselves every day. Our new team believes in us, and we believe in them, also the federation believes in us, and I think it is because of everybody who believes in us that we try to do our best…”.

The music itself “was a really good pick from our coaches”, Vanessa explains it: “This music really builds. So it helps push us and I think the audience helped also. You never get tired of this song, so we can play it as much as possible and still be as motivated to skate to it”.

Altie

On the Ice
I'm rooting for them so much. Their performances at Europeans was absolutely phenomenal !
And here I thought Pairs were boring... ! I was obviously wrong.

Since I'm not familiar with the pairs standings, how high do you think they could aim for at Worlds ? What are the odds if they skate clean ?

snd

On the Ice
personally, i thought their sp score was way too low. despite that bizarre fall, all the elements were super crisp, of great quality, and the overall performance was even better than their euro performance - very polished. would have given 73 at the very least and though i was happy for their euro medal i thought they deserved lower scores in january due to a certain lack of... polish. this time, they were truly fantastic and the fall didn't affect the performance. a pity. not everything's lost but yeah... if clean and properly scored could have been medal contenders...