Mae-Berenice Meite | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Mae-Berenice Meite

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What a fun, fun SP she has! And that costume is gorgeous - the colours are amazing and so vibrant, and she wears them so well. When she started to clap and the audience joined in, I just wanted to cheer for her, even though being on the other side of the world renders my cheers inaudible. That was such a great skate from her, all energy and bounce and fun.

She was fabulous - the whole arena was just rocking along with her. And her knees held out!

Vemvane

On the Ice
She rocked that arena so hard that the some of the judges gave her 8s for her performance and interpretation of music. Though i have questions to ask of the judge at six, who gave her a 6.75. :laugh:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
She was the queen of the SP! The russian girls were amazing, as always, and Paganini was great but the queen was Mae, that program and that attitude won everyone! :love:

That judge that gave her 6,75 should go to the hospital ASAP: not enough blood in his/her veins is the only possible explanation for that :taunt:

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
I absolutely loved her performance. She's a star, and I love her emotion and connection to the audience! Amazing woman, and I'd really love to see more black figure skaters on the ice in general. I'm a big fan of Surya Bonaly as well and I wish there were more of them.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I absolutely loved her performance. She's a star, and I love her emotion and connection to the audience! Amazing woman, and I'd really love to see more black figure skaters on the ice in general. I'm a big fan of Surya Bonaly as well and I wish there were more of them.

Keep an eye on Starr Andrews and my girl Noemie Bodenstein then! Worthy heirs to Surya and Mae both in their own separate ways. :)

I have yet to catch up with Mae's FS; I had to leave the rink before she skated and I've been travelling today and haven't been able to catch up with YouTube (blast trains that don't have wifi!). But her EX was spectacular, even if she said afterwards she couldn't do many jumps because her knees were killing her. I was just thrilled that she was asked to skate at the gala.

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
@Harriet: Thanks for the links, they'll go right on my list of favorites!

Also, on the risk of repeating myself..Mae-Berenice Meite is a-mae-zing! Just watched her Exhibition Gala skate from the EU Championships 2020 and super amused by it. I think this lady is born for galas, where you can really go beyond the narrow limits of competition and use everything at your disposal to get the crowd going. I think she even did just one (possibly two?) jumps and it doesn't feel like anything is missing. Also, better for her knees as well! <3

Youtube video (jump to timestamp)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Olympic channel made a video about mae : ANATOMY OF A FIGURE SKATER: WHAT ARE MAE BERENICE MEITE'S HIDDEN POWERS?
Take a look a this : https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/p...r-what-are-mae-berenice-meites-hidden-powers/

I came across this video on the Olympic channel this evening, and really enjoyed it. It really shows how much strength, endurance, and mental acuity goes in to figure skating, and Mae is fantastic to watch throughout, so cheerful and smiling. It also shows how much strain is placed on a figure skater's knees, and props to Mae for saying that she takes care of her body to make sure she can live a normal life when she's done with figure skating.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you for sharing! Mae is looking very fit. Looking forward to
seeing both of her programs this season, always loved her!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Gorgeous photo of Maé-Berenice advertising her new tea box:

128466403_2468255296812897_5464891959758078399_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CISQyKIDI7Z/

Vemvane

On the Ice
Maé's message to her fans, after her horrible accident yesterday:

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU 🤍
For your love, support and well wishes !!!
Beyond grateful, honored and humbled by all your messages, it truly warms my heart ! I just wanted to let you know that I’m doing good mentally, physically my Achilles’ tendon snapped so I will need further exams once back home to know how we will proceed, some rest and recovery ! A big thank you to my federation @ffsportsdeglace, the @isufigureskating, the OC @stockholm2021_ for taking such good care of me 🙏🏾 thank you to all the skaters, friends, fans, coaches and officials that took the time to reach out to me ! Thank you @qualityhotelglobe for the sweet message 🥰
Once again, I’m beyond grateful and thankful for all of you ! I have no other words but THANK YOU ✨ you have no idea how much it means to me !!!! Everything happens for a reason..!! And I know God is in control so I’ll be praying and staying as positive as possible, hoping for the best to happen ☺️

Best of luck to all the skaters, I’ll be cheering you on and sending positive vibes your way !

164272198_2895942810666329_2642727227573320363_n.jpg

Source.

I hope she has a speedy recovery!