Mae-Berenice Meite | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mae-Berenice Meite

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She's skating at ACI - finished the short program in third place! Her new short program is really nice, makes good use of her long body lines and there's this amazing moment where she comes out of a transition and does a little hop and all of a sudden there's a double axel happening, out of nowhere. I'm so happy she's having a good start to the season!

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Oh I like her program. It is cool to see skates doing modern programs. I mean, let's be honest, they are all very young people, the current music is bigger part of their lives than classic warhorses... and Mae can pull this off.

She may never be the world's top lady, but I always enjoy seeing her.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Mae has always been one of my favorite lady skaters. I always enjoy her programs especially the new SP she skated to yesterday, very, very nice.

She was in the K&C with John Zimmerman and Siivia Fontini. Are they her new coaches? Is she training in the US now?
French Pair team Vanessa and Morgan train with John and Silvia and they have done wonders for them.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Who saw the rude man in the audience sitting with his arms crossed at the end of Mae’s program, when everyone else was applauding? He looked mad, disgusted, I don’t know what. Yes, we know that Mae isn’t a stick figure or a graceful jumper but that was just mean. It made me sad.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Who saw the rude man in the audience sitting with his arms crossed at the end of Mae’s program, when everyone else was applauding? He looked mad, disgusted, I don’t know what. Yes, we know that Mae isn’t a stick figure or a graceful jumper but that was just mean. It made me sad.

I didn't notice that, but that's awful! Mae was amazing today and I really enjoyed her skate and her reaction to winning bronze, congrats!

I did notice some kids in the background dabbing during Mae's SP, but I think they were just hamming it up for the camera and wasn't against Mae personally. (Kids these days :p)

Here's a link of the podium - https://twitter.com/fsonline/status/1043310978669133824 - Happy skaters all round.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wow, that was the best skate I've ever seen from her! I don't know what changed over the summer, but her artistry has improved so much, and she looked super confident out there. I love her new style...congrats to her, and I hope this is just the beginning of great things to come :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm absolutely thrilled for her! That program is fantastic and she skated it so well - imagine what it will be like when she's at full strength! :love:

I think the thing I loved most is the way the step sequence is mostly timed to the flamenco footwork in the soundtrack, rather than to the guitar. If she can build her interpretation of that further over the season it's going to be stunning.

It's so great to have an early reminder of how fabulous a skater Mae is when she's not battling endless injuries.

vla13

Rinkside
So the thread has it, here's her long from Autumn Classic: https://youtu.be/NCOQPnFjX0M

I really enjoyed both her programs! I really hope this is the start of a good season for her. I think she finally got surgery done on her knee during the off season. So that plus new coaches seem to have done a world of good for her.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
This long is the program I have wanted to see her do in, like, forever!! Stylized flamenco really suits her... it's a soft piece of music but incredibly rhythmic, a fine contrast to her solid, strong ice presence.. the arm/hand movements, posture were special accents and her dress was a perfect compliment to the whole... love, love this :love: !!

MedoLove

On the Ice
Congratulations to Mae! Although I think the judges are still absurdly tough on her, this medal is well deserved and expected! a great birthday gift for her :) I really liked the movement of her hands and expression, it was soft and was connected to the music:luv17: I wish her a great season

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Congratulations to Mae! Although I think the judges are still absurdly tough on her, this medal is well deserved and expected! a great birthday gift for her :) I really liked the movement of her hands and expression, it was soft and was connected to the music:luv17: I wish her a great season

So true about the soft movements! That’s what drew me to her SP.

Can’t wait for the French and Japanese GP, fingers crossed for the GPF!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm really looking forward to seeing Mae's programs again at NHK, and especially the evolution of the step sequence in her FS. It's so complex in the way it's timed to the zapatadeo section of the music rather than to a straightforward melody, but it would be spectacular if she nailed it. I hope she does!