Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea

musicfan80

Medalist
Crossed fingers and toes for Tarah and Danny! I really hope they perform (and therefore place) well and that this is a great tine up for Worlds next month!

sarama

Medalist
I just watched Tarah and Danny's ''What's up world team'' and they are SO adorable, Tarah couldn't even pick a breed of dogs, because she 'loves all the dogs' :rofl:

Celine

On the Ice
I just watched Tarah and Danny's ''What's up world team'' and they are SO adorable, Tarah couldn't even pick a breed of dogs, because she 'loves all the dogs' :rofl:

But did Danny say in another article that Tarah is at the same allergic to dogs? animal dander? Shame. She obviously loves animals.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I so much enjoyed their performances at US Nats. :luv17:

Good luck to them at the upcoming Worlds in Boston! :hap10: Must be very exciting for them to skate at the Worlds, in front of their home crowds, and as the national champion! :yes::)

musicfan80

Medalist
Is it too hopeful for me to hope that Alexa & Chris and Tarah & Danny will get the magic number 13 and get 3 spots for next year? Not sure if it could realistically happen, but it could happen at least next season, right?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's never too hopeful to hope!

Actually, it isn't unrealistic to think that Tarah & Danny, Alexa & Chris could earn 3 spots for USA for next year. John Coughlin said in TSL interview last week that Tarah and Danny's "blue sky" placement could be 7; and he's predicting A/C to be in top 5 or 6.

Also, in TSL interview with Alexa and Chris last June or so, they said that one of their goals is for U.S. pairs to earn 3 spots. I believe both teams have lofty goals; and Tara and Danny said in their Worlds teleconference that they love being part of the pairs community.

I can't wait to see Tarah and Danny skate next week! Aahhh! Tarah said in the teleconference posted this week on IN that one of the important features of their Music of the Night program is effortlessness. I think that's one reason I love it so much. It takes on a quality that transcends skating a great program. I hope they skate clean, and also transcend! :love:

http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/167988134/v556606883/

(As of yesterday, this could only be accessed by those with IN subscription; I don't know if that's changed, because I'M SNOWED IN!!!! and
I only have half-speed internet here! Grrrrrrrr!:dev2: It's very frustrating.:frown:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Their SP was a heartbreaker :( I hope things will go better for them in the free!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two weeks after the fact I finally come here ... but I'm so happy for Tarah and Danny that they didn't let the sp heartbreak get them down, and they did raise their standing from 14th after the SP to 11th after the FS. I'm very proud of them. Too bad that Tarah had the fall; they might have been in the top 10 otherwise. But for their first Worlds, they had a decent outing, especially considering the pairs field right now internationally.

I also thought that Tarah had worked on her expression between Nationals and Worlds. She was happy, but overall more consistent with her expression. Of course, Danny's expression IMHO could not have been improved. :luv17: Also, I loved that Tarah had changed her hair for the FS. She looked so elegant!

Just a thought, and please tell me if such a question is frowned upon in a Fan Fest. But I don't know where else to put it. Does anyone wish that Tarah and Danny would be able to hire an outside choreographer to do their programs, or at least the FS, this year? I really really think they would benefit by outside eyes on what they can do. Julie Marcotte, for instance, seems to put in so many unexpected in-between moves for pairs. I'd love to see that. Like, the Shibs finally did exactly that this season, and look at the result.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, my wish (see above ;)) came true for Tarah and Danny, Judy Blumberg choreographed their new programs. I just have to share this GREAT article about them with my fellow T/D fans, and my reaction to it, as posted in the 2016-17 Programs by Discipline thread.

OMG! I am beyond thrilled about Tarah/Danny being choreographed by Judy Blumberg! I have been wishing and hoping for months that they'd get programs from another choreographer. I've been thinking they need some small choreographic touches that leap out at you and make you go "ooooh" and also add complexity to the programs. They have such strong basic pair elements, including speed and especially their connection. :luv17: :love: :luv17:

March Slave with Song of India should be awesome. I also really liked the explanation of how they have re-tooled their twist to get height first, then rotation. It's going to be really exciting to see the results of that. If they can get a 3T combination, that will also be great. Their 2A sequence is so strong; hopefully they can carry that through.

I love this article. I especially like how they talked about their Music of the Night choice, and how it helped them take their performance values up a notch and connect better with the audience, and why it worked that way for them.

Take that, everyone who scorned their music choice. :devil: ;)

http://www.twofortheice.com/connection-key-creation-kayne-oshea/

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, my wish (see above ;)) came true for Tarah and Danny, Judy Blumberg choreographed their new programs. I just have to share this GREAT article about them with my fellow T/D fans, and my reaction to it, as posted in the 2016-17 Programs by Discipline thread.

OMG! I am beyond thrilled about Tarah/Danny being choreographed by Judy Blumberg! I have been wishing and hoping for months that they'd get programs from another choreographer. I've been thinking they need some small choreographic touches that leap out at you and make you go "ooooh" and also add complexity to the programs. They have such strong basic pair elements, including speed and especially their connection. :luv17: :love: :luv17:

March Slave with Song of India should be awesome. I also really liked the explanation of how they have re-tooled their twist to get height first, then rotation. It's going to be really exciting to see the results of that. If they can get a 3T combination, that will also be great. Their 2A sequence is so strong; hopefully they can carry that through.

I love this article. I especially like how they talked about their Music of the Night choice, and how it helped them take their performance values up a notch and connect better with the audience, and why it worked that way for them.

Loved their programs last year and can't wait to see what Judy has in store for them. Happened to meet them at Worlds and talked with them for a few minutes. Oh my gosh, they are SO nice! Will never forget their Nationals FS.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Sorry for my complete ignorance, but I'm surprised that she is still active in the sport (T/D is still active though). Could you tell me what program she has choreographed for skaters? Anyway, since you're excited about the news, she must be really good.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for my complete ignorance, but I'm surprised that she is still active in the sport (T/D is still active though). Could you tell me what program she has choreographed for skaters? Anyway, since you're excited about the news, she must be really good.

Well, I am mainly excited about the introduction of another choreographer's view and vision for Tarah and Danny. I think Jim Peterson is good, but I feel they needed some added input, and this is the perfect time for them to up their choreographic content.

I actually have no idea whether Judy Blumberg has choreographed any other skaters' programs, except that this article mentioned that she has already worked with them on footwork and training on turns and skating skills: edges, I assume. The BESP guys mentioned once how Igor Shpilband is excellent at showing skaters how to generate power and speed with their edges. I figure any ice dancer should be good to help with this aspect.

Blumberg's wiki page doesn't mention work as a choreographer for competitive skaters. So I still don't know.

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved their programs last year and can't wait to see what Judy has in store for them. Happened to meet them at Worlds and talked with them for a few minutes. Oh my gosh, they are SO nice! Will never forget their Nationals FS.

That makes two of us. (I re-watch both their programs frequently!) I was at Nationals, and both their skates were unbelievably awesome. One thing: they skated last in both SP and FS; and they were the first pair each day to skate without falls or doubled jumps, or both, if I recall. The impact of that was amazing. However, I started getting excited for them right when I took my seat at the beginning of their final practice before the SP. Danny's smile just communicated how happy he was to be skating, even in practice! That joy communicated straight with the audience.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That makes two of us. (I re-watch both their programs frequently!) I was at Nationals, and both their skates were unbelievably awesome. One thing: they skated last in both SP and FS; and they were the first pair each day to skate without falls or doubled jumps, or both, if I recall. The impact of that was amazing. However, I started getting excited for them right when I took my seat at the beginning of their final practice before the SP. Danny's smile just communicated how happy he was to be skating, even in practice! That joy communicated straight with the audience.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've watched their Nationals programs. And my friend and I have remarked how Danny just could NOT stop smiling. He was so funny. Best comment from the TV broadcast was by (I believe) Terry Gannon who said that after they executed their final jump, Jim Peterson jumped higher than they did! :laugh2: And did it get loud in there! Can't even imagine that they could hear their music! We sounded more like a hockey crowd than a figure skating crowd. Such fun! I get excited all over again just thinking about it! :yahoo:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So glad Tarah and Danny were invited to The Ice in Japan. It looks like they are having a great time! Nice to see they're making time for some sightseeing too. As always, Danny has the biggest grin in most of the photos! Looks like Jason has also joined the group now to do the remainder of the shows.