Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Tarah and Danny's new FS music, especially when it gets rather loud and majestic towards the end! Tarah didn't look too secure on her jumps today, and I hope she's not feeling the effects of her tendonitis. Thought their unison looked better on their spins. I just love their partnership and find them so appealing! Looking forward to seeing them compete in the short program tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Love Tarah and Danny's new FS music, especially when it gets rather loud and majestic towards the end! Tarah didn't look too secure on her jumps today, and I hope she's not feeling the effects of her tendonitis. Thought their unison looked better on their spins. I just love their partnership and find them so appealing! Looking forward to seeing them compete in the short program tomorrow.

I hope we can see their FS clean in competition. It has the potential to be a breathtaking program. Song of India and Marche Slave are some of my favourite compositions, and they really carry the music well.

Good luck to Tarah and Danny at Skate America!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishing Tarah & Danny all the best at Nationals next week. My friend and I happened to bump into them at Worlds. They're both so incredibly nice! Gee, Danny has a huge grin for a change! :)

https://pic.twitter.com/nmvrtTllCV

musicfan80

Medalist
That SP was hard to watch today - I think Tarah might need to get looked at by a doctor - that fall was nasty!

Hoping for the best for them for the LP!

reneerose

Final Flight
That SP was hard to watch today - I think Tarah might need to get looked at by a doctor - that fall was nasty!

Hoping for the best for them for the LP!
I was so shocked when it happened because the lift they did right before that was very unique and spectacular admired the control and strength that they showed....I really hope she gets checked out...even though her head didn't look like it made contact with the ice, it was indirect trauma. Pairs skating really is hard and risky at times.

musicfan80

Medalist
I hope that Tarah gets well completely and as soon as possible - but full recovery is more important. Especially with concussions. Get well Tarah! :yes:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad to hear about Tarah's concussion! That was probably the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me. Really wanted them to have the opportunity to defend their title. Get well Tarah, and don't rush it!

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lots of Tarah and Danny news. Tarah had surgery to repair a tear in her knee. She struggled all last season and a small tear became a larger tear. She is on the mend now. Found it interesting that there was no comment on her concussion. I am going to assume that no news is good news! :luv17:

Interesting news on their music for the upcoming season already! Taken from figureskatersonline.com

Danny and I are excited to move on from last year and we are looking forward to the upcoming season. This season will be a special one for us, because our partnership is stronger than ever before after an emotional recovery and we have been planning our programs for years!

In 2014, I asked to skate to a piece of music, and our coach, Jim Peterson promptly told me, “No”. But he had good reason, he told me that I should wait and be patient. This season, we will finally get to skate to it. I have been dreaming of skating to Swan Lake for years, and we are privileged to work with Shae-Lynn Bourne and Shae Zukiwsky as our choreographers to bring the passion and beauty of the ballet to the ice.

Our short program will be a revisit, of sorts. Last season, Danny – who very rarely has strong feelings about music, came into the rink with a song that he wanted us to skate to. As he put it on, I laughed and told him, “There’s no way that we can skate to Phantom of the Opera again!” But it stayed in the back of our minds and when we were coming up with music for this season, we wanted to follow our gut and skate to something that we felt deep inside ourselves, and “All I Ask of You” never fails to make us emotional. We are so excited to have Massimo Scali as our short program choreographer.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I am thrilled to death that they are going to be working both with Shae-Lynn and Massimo Scali. This will be so good for them and hopefully a great growth experience!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh man, I love these two and I know we're supposed to keep the fan fests positive, but REALLLLLLLY Phantom of the Opera again, REALLY???? Just whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

Okay. Done now. Glad they are both healthy and looking forward to seeing what they can do next season!

reneerose

Final Flight
Oh man, I love these two and I know we're supposed to keep the fan fests positive, but REALLLLLLLY Phantom of the Opera again, REALLY???? Just whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

Okay. Done now. Glad they are both healthy and looking forward to seeing what they can do next season!

I thought I read they are doing "All I Ask of You" mainly from it.....I just don't want to hear that intro organ of the main theme...and I don't want Danny to wear a mask :laugh:

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
According to Tarah and Danny's blog which Tarah wrote they will be skating to "All I Ask of You" not the main theme of Phantom. And Danny suggested it. I'm a tad disappointed and thought, "Oh not again" but at least I haven't heard many skaters use All I Ask" as their program music. What is encouraging is that again K/O are using someone besides their coach Peterson for their choreography. Shae Lynn Bourne will Choreograph their new LP Swan Lake. I'm hoping for the best..

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Yes, I posted that part of their blog up above cos I thought it was so interesting. Very excited about the different choreographers. I feel really positive about their post and the good "vibes" from it. I know Shae-Lynn and Maximo Scali will bring out the best in them.

musicfan80

Medalist
Shae Lynn Bourne is a superb choice for them for a choreographer! :agree:

I don't want to ruffle any feathers with this opinion, but as much as I love Jim Petersen as a technical pairs coach, I have never liked Jim as a choreographer.

reneerose

Final Flight
I just reread Arriba's post about Tarah's knee...wonder if that sort of maybe contributed to that bad fall? Anyway, I'm glad she's better.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just reread Arriba's post about Tarah's knee...wonder if that sort of maybe contributed to that bad fall? Anyway, I'm glad she's better.

This is one of the times when I appreciated Tara Lipinski's comments. Fortunately, she waited until after the program. First, we knew that Tarah had been having trouble with her knee for weeks. Tara L. said that when you're trying to skate in spite of pain, there's a tendency to protect whatever hurts; she specifically thought that's what happened. Also, Johnny stressed that it wasn't Danny's mistake, which I thought was important. A casual viewer might think he threw her too hard, but what actually happened was that Tarah started the jump before Danny could complete the throw part of the jump. And Tarah has said that she has a tendency to do that, because she likes to jump and anticipates it a little.

It was all upsetting, after they did so well in 2016. But Tarah's blog says her surgery and recovery have lifted a huge burden from her. I'm so glad for them.

I have said for years ... at least since 2014 with Felicia and Nathan ... that I wished Jim Peterson would let his top skaters work with top choreographers, if for no other reason than that it adds layers and complexity to the skaters' moves and choreo. So I'm thrilled the universe finally let him hear me telling him that!:laugh:
I think he's a wonderful coach, especially with emotional support and positive reinforcement.

And Shae-Lynn! a fabulous choice for Tarah and Danny, I so agree with the consensus here.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bringing this cute picture over here from Max Aaron's thread. Thx to ice coverage for posting. How adorable are they?! Jason and Tarah are always a hoot when they get together too!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVfA52FAl7w/?taken-by=tarahkayne
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVa_BxlgcgV/?taken-by=tarahkayne

Anxiously awaiting some news on Tarah and Danny's new programs. I realize it's way too early - just dreaming! I just think Shae Lynne and Massimo will bring a whole new dimension to Tarah & Danny's partnership. Can't wait! Is the off-season almost over?! :drama: