Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice to hear the positivity in their relationship. I really hope that Tarah having had surgery is going to enable them to work to their full potential this season. Looking forward to their new programs and the results of their work with Shae Lynne and Massimo Scali.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/07/31/245524646

That article was so cute! Does anyone know: are Kayne and O'Shea an item? The article made it sound like they live in the same apartment, but I may have misread it...

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That article was so cute! Does anyone know: are Kayne and O'Shea an item? The article made it sound like they live in the same apartment, but I may have misread it...

I'm laughing that you said that. That was exactly my thought! I've never quite figured out whether they share an apartment for monetary reasons or otherwise! Plus I think I've seen them talk about their pet as "our dog". Whatever their situation, I suppose the important thing is that they seem to work together harmoniously, which is so important. Really looking forward to this coming season for them!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I've thought since I became a Tarah/Danny uber at 2016 nationals that they're a romantic couple. Danny every once in a while says "we" in a context that gives that impression; but they haven't actually said so AFAIK. Before they got the dog, he talked about how much Tarah wanted one, but he's allergic, so they had to find a breed they liked that was hypoallergenic, LOL. And he then said, "we'll see."

It actually reminds me of Tatiana & Maxim. They had a "skating dog" together before they acknowledged (or maybe before they allowed) their romance.

"O'Shea Kayne You See" ... :) clever.

p.s. "cadaver tendon"? And "bionic knee"? [shudder]

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll never forget them from 2016 Nats. I still cry when I watch their long program!!!!...Well, if I ever talk to them again, I may just have to ask them if they're a couple. :hslap: :roll5: :dev3:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, so do I ... cry and get major chills! whenever I watch their fabulous Music of the Night.

And I still thrill to remember how Danny smiled, from the practices on through the performances. Like he was actually thrilled to be out there skating and performing. Actually, it may have been the first time I realized, too, the power of programs performed clean, AND emotionally present, especially live. Tarah and Danny skated last for both programs, and they were the first pair to skate clean both times. Just remarkable.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, so do I ... cry and get major chills! whenever I watch their fabulous Music of the Night.

And I still thrill to remember how Danny smiled, from the practices on through the performances. Like he was actually thrilled to be out there skating and performing. Actually, it may have been the first time I realized, too, the power of programs performed clean, AND emotionally present, especially live. Tarah and Danny skated last for both programs, and they were the first pair to skate clean both times. Just remarkable.

There were people in tears near me in the stands that day. It was really quite a moment when they finished POTO. I still remember Tarah crying and saying "We won Nationals!"

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There were people in tears near me in the stands that day. It was really quite a moment when they finished POTO. I still remember Tarah crying and saying "We won Nationals!"

That was such a great moment ... especially because Tarah's reaction was delayed for several seconds after everyone else's. That's just the way she takes everything in. I hunted for all their previous programs after that nationals. When they went to 4CC, someone posted here in GS they were concerned, because Tarah was crying after one of the programs. At that point, I'd noticed that pretty much however the skate went, whether she's happy or upset ... she cries!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was my reaction, too. But on the other hand, it sounds kind of badass... Tarah is the Bionic Woman!

It does, and she is!

And before the 2015-16 season, she'd had surgery to repair her hip labrum. I think she's now had WAY more than her share.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait! I just now saw that they are listed for Golden Spin Challenger in Zagreb at the beginning of December! Oh please be true! :yahoo:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Tarah and Danny on their bronze medal at Golden Spin. And here is the long program too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckaQp-_wBDc So glad we have finally had a chance to see their new programs, and happy that they will be at Nats! I'm sure they need to work out the "cob webs" after being off the ice for so long. They'll get there though!

musicfan80

Medalist
Tarah and Danny did great today! I'm not sure if winning is realistic, but I think they can definitely get a spot to 4CCs and Worlds which will be great experience for them.

Good Luck to them in the LP! :agree:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best of luck to Tarah and Danny in the free. Their SP was magical. They looked really good and confident. Jim was SO funny to watch while they were skating! He gets so into it. They did look a little bit cautious, but I expect that to improve. Would love to see them on the podium.

slider11

Medalist
Great comeback by Tarah and Danny! Beautiful LP! Hopefully they will be going to 4CC and Worlds

reneerose

Final Flight
I would LOVE to see them at Worlds! They did beautifully! I just wish they were also going to the Olympics as well. Darn the slot limitations for pairs for the U.S.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All of a sudden Jim Peterson and his crew came up to the second level and sat in the row in front of us. It was fun to congratulate him on having 2 pairs that made the podium. He was (understandably) very happy!