Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea

reneerose

Final Flight
All of a sudden Jim Peterson and his crew came up to the second level and sat in the row in front of us. It was fun to congratulate him on having 2 pairs that made the podium. He was (understandably) very happy!

You are so lucky to have been there! I hope you were able to get pics with them! :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You are so lucky to have been there! I hope you were able to get pics with them! :love:

No pics. I've only taken 2 the entire time. One of Nathan and one of Jason at the autograph signing table. It's a privilege to be here and I'm loving every minute of it. The weather in the 60's isn't bad either. :yahoo:

musicfan80

Medalist
Greatly impressed by Tarah and Danny this weekend! :)

I'm so excited to see what they so at 4CCs and Worlds!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was incredibly impressed with them the year they won nationals. It's so nice to see them skating well again.

I'm also impressed by their ability to "sell" me on musical choices that would seem tired and hackneyed from anyone else. Their commitment to their programs is outstanding.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Met them at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast yesterday and got a few photos which I'll post later. Danny's ever-present smile is always the best! Talked to Danny for quite a while. He is very happy they are going to Worlds and feels they really "turned the corner" about 8 weeks ago as far as Tarah's recovery. Told him we love their new programs, which of course elicited one of those huge grins.

https://pic.twitter.com/4vaPXhm5qw

https://pic.twitter.com/EFr7ZPLbxZ

reneerose

Final Flight
I was incredibly impressed with them the year they won nationals. It's so nice to see them skating well again.

I'm also impressed by their ability to "sell" me on musical choices that would seem tired and hackneyed from anyone else. Their commitment to their programs is outstanding.

It didn't hurt at all that they chose the recent Josh Groban and Kelly Clarkson "All I Ask of You" cover from Phantom. And watching them do perfect SBS jumps! :love::love::love:

Met them at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast yesterday and got a few photos which I'll post later. Danny's ever-present smile is always the best! Talked to Danny for quite a while. He is very happy they are going to Worlds and feels they really "turned the corner" about 8 weeks ago as far as Tarah's recovery. Told him we love their new programs, which of course elicited one of those huge grins.

https://pic.twitter.com/4vaPXhm5qw

https://pic.twitter.com/EFr7ZPLbxZ

Ugh....I wish I had known there was a Friends of Figure skating breakfast because then I would have worked harder to be there this past weekend....ugh ....so lucky you are!!! Danny's smile is the best! :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh....I wish I had known there was a Friends of Figure skating breakfast because then I would have worked harder to be there this past weekend....ugh ....so lucky you are!!! Danny's smile is the best! :luv17:

This is just the second breakfast I have been to, but they are really fun! You have to have a Friends of Figure Skating membership, and then depending on your level of support, your breakfast ticket is either free or $25. I've really enjoyed it both times I've gone. Apparently, they have it for Nats and Sk Amer. So many skaters were at this one. The buffet breakfast was really nice too.

At first Danny was by himself. We asked where Tarah was. He said they had their team meeting, and then she had to finish doing her hair and makeup. We got such a kick out of that! Sounds so Tarah! :luv17: I said it was probably something for her You Tube channel!

reneerose

Final Flight
This is just the second breakfast I have been to, but they are really fun! You have to have a Friends of Figure Skating membership, and then depending on your level of support, your breakfast ticket is either free or $25. I've really enjoyed it both times I've gone. Apparently, they have it for Nats and Sk Amer. So many skaters were at this one. The buffet breakfast was really nice too.

At first Danny was by himself. We asked where Tarah was. He said they had their team meeting, and then she had to finish doing her hair and makeup. We got such a kick out of that! Sounds so Tarah! :luv17: I said it was probably something for her You Tube channel!

Ooooh cool...I will go look up how I can join that! Maybe next time! Thanks for the tips! I love Tarah's tweet that she was signing for Snow their dog with a pawprint....that cute adorable dog has very sweet "parents" :laugh:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Congrats to Tarah and Danny! I wasn't there live but it seemed like their speed and ice coverage improved. I've been exhausted by Swan Lake, but somehow enjoyed theirs. Personally, I think they need to give Danny more diva moments in the choreography because he pulls them off very well. :clap:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Tarah's tweet about her buddy! https://pic.twitter.com/CvtbMbycMn. She also had some interesting, thoughtful words regarding the criticism athletes receive. "If anyone is shocked by the amount of negativity that athletes are receiving at the Olympics, fight it by voicing your positivity & support! It never goes unnoticed. I scrapbook memories from every competition I go to, and always keep letters of support!"

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Heard conflicting things. One stress fractures common after knee injury due to training for 4CC and being Olympic alternates. Also heard she aggravated the knee training for worlds. I trust the stress fractures person more because the aggregation was from TSL. Hoping for quick healing and a return to form in 2018-19.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really enjoyed hearing Danny and Tarah on the podcast. Episode #67 -- Their part starts right around the 30 minute mark. It was recorded before they withdrew from Worlds, so it's not 100% up to date. Still, very fun to hear them talk about choreography, training, the Olympics, etc.

http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^So true. When we talked to him at Nats, he emphasized several times what a fighter she was when it came to her injuries. He is definitely the President of her fan club. :laugh: I especially enjoyed their comments about their choreography experiences with Shae Lynn. I'm really curious to see who will choreograph for them this coming season. They're in the midst of finalizing things but weren't quite ready to share who it is. Happy to hear that Coach Peterson encouraged them to try other choreographers.