Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Oh, I wonder if I missed her! I think I remember Danny saying she wasn't going to come, but I could be wrong on that. How did you like the breakfast?

happycamper2554

On the Ice
I think he'lll be ok. I personally think that because Tarah is so in your face about her feelings, that sometimes it looks like she gets all the reassurance and he gets nothing. He has always sat back and let her do her thing. He was asked why she is twitter verified and he isn't and replied that he knows she's the star so I think he's ok with taking a back seat. The fact that's he's stuck with her for so long through her many serious injuries makes me think that he's invested in her as a partner. They moved to Colorado for her health. I don't think he would stick around if he wasn't getting something from her. She posted him driving her on her instagram story, so since they are worlds alternates they might be training or hanging out or who knows. I know many have said that he should leave her. (I'm not advocating just saying). So my long drawn out point is that something keeps him skating with her. What that is we'll never know. They said in an interview that while he is the calm one and usually calms her down if he starts panicking they reverse roles. Basically, I think there is more to their relationship that can be shown in kiss and crys and short interviews. We'll never know what happens in their six day a week training or what ever else goes on. I think you get an interesting look at their relationship in the interview for John Wilson. I think it's a page back, but it's definitely an interesting conversation.

removof

On the Ice
I'm so disappointed by their new choice of free skate...
Les Misérables it's a tacky theme already use...

Why they don't innovate with a modern or an original song?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I think of Les Mis programs, the first one that comes to mind is Grant Hochstein's program at Boston 2016. I hope Tarah and Danny can put their special touch on this and make it a great program. Here's hoping their next season is a great one! After all, now we'll have two spots at Worlds in Montreal. Maybe one of those spots can be theirs! :clapper:

happycamper2554

On the Ice
When I think of Les Mis programs, the first one that comes to mind is Grant Hochstein's program at Boston 2016. I hope Tarah and Danny can put their special touch on this and make it a great program. Here's hoping their next season is a great one! After all, now we'll have two spots at Worlds in Montreal. Maybe one of those spots can be theirs! :clapper:

I wouldn't be surprised if Grant's program inspired them based on this exchange.

https://twitter.com/Grant_Hochstein/status/1109155766651355137

I'm hoping that full off season of training and working with Dalilah will make them more consistent. They haven't had a time where she hasn't been recovering or injured in like 5 years. I hope we see Tarah and Danny in Montreal and I think there will be the opportunity for them to be there.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
^^^Oh, I wonder if I missed her! I think I remember Danny saying she wasn't going to come, but I could be wrong on that. How did you like the breakfast?

Arriba, please forgive this extremely belated reply. Lo and behold, I just now came across a blog that also says that Tarah eventually did show up at the FOFS breakfast at Little Caesars. (I am relieved that I was not imagining things. :reye:)

... I made a beeline for Danny O’Shea so I could make sure I talked to him first (Tarah Kayne hadn’t come to the breakfast). … I was still at the breakfast when I noticed Tarah had joined Danny. So I was finally able to talk to her too (and give her a big hug). …

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2019/02/18/from-the-stands-my-last-day-in-the-motorcity/ (Feb 18)​

Detroit was only my second FOFS breakfast (first was San Jose), and both times, I have very much appreciated the opportunity to meet skaters.
My only regret is that I am not very "efficient" :noshake:, so I have not been able to speak to very many of them in the allotted time.
[Especially at the Detroit breakfast, I found myself :laugh15: "wasting" (not really) chunks of time on chatting with other fans (renewing acquaintances, in most cases). Very enjoyable to talk to them too. Sorry that I have not met you yet, Arriba.]

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was posted in the U.S. Pairs by el henry, but I thought it would be nice to bring the good news here too. So glad to see these video clips from Coach Dalilah. https://www.instagram.com/p/BwuvuIUlPdg/

^^^ice coverage, don't know if you'll be at the Sk Amer breakfast, but maybe we'll meet up there. My skating friend and I are already planning on attending.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a skating par-tay for Tarah Kayne::hb:

Jordan Moeller, Danny, Joe Johnson, TJ Nyman (?), and Max Settlage join her for her birthday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzhZPAnqrW/

Also Sora Hwang, who I think does publicity for USFS? (I really don't know if that's what she does, that's a guess:laugh:)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was posted in the U.S. Pairs by el henry, but I thought it would be nice to bring the good news here too. So glad to see these video clips from Coach Dalilah. https://www.instagram.com/p/BwuvuIUlPdg/

Thanks, Arriba, this is a really good clip. I esp enjoyed Dalilah's comment that after having to use off-season to recover from injuriies for years, they're enjoying getting to use off-season to develop new elements. They look good. On a #terribly superficial note# ...., why oh why did Danny shave his head? and is continuing to? :sad21:

happycamper2554

On the Ice
This just a thing we are all going to have to accept. I blame TSL. it will take some adjustment but it will be fine. It's his hair or lack there of. So whatever makes him happy of confident is what we have to live with

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can blame TSL if you like, but Danny didn't have to heed their advice. I think it's a good move to shave his head, let it grow out and see what his hairline is naturally. I'd have expected him to let it grow in anew, but if he prefers to keep it shaved, and he feels more confident that way, more power to him. When I wrote that shallow "lament" above, I'd forgotten that he'd apparently been augmenting his hairline. Sorry about that.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we may have to change Danny's name to Hercules O'Shea! :jaw:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
As the season is nearing its final events, what do you think is next for Kayne and O'Shea? I think they are a solid pair (I mean, of course they are) -- they move really well, they move well together, the musicality is there, the lifts are solid. I personally feel so strongly that they were let down by their long program this year. It's not just the hackneyed music, it's something so predictable and stale about their program structure and choreography -- I just think they were hampered -- hugely -- by this. They are not a pair I have followed much - what programs of theirs have worked best in the past? Would they benefit from a new choreographer with a fresh program idea for them. ??? I think they have the potential to really pop with an edgier, sexier program. I think this year's short program is a far more impactful program for them, with its impressionistic feeling, but what about a long that was edgy, maybe even a little funky for next season? Something they could really enjoy performing. They looked like they were having fun in the GitUP challenge.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
As the season is nearing its final events, what do you think is next for Kayne and O'Shea? I think they are a solid pair (I mean, of course they are) -- they move really well, they move well together, the musicality is there, the lifts are solid. I personally feel so strongly that they were let down by their long program this year. It's not just the hackneyed music, it's something so predictable and stale about their program structure and choreography -- I just think they were hampered -- hugely -- by this. They are not a pair I have followed much - what programs of theirs have worked best in the past? Would they benefit from a new choreographer with a fresh program idea for them. ??? I think they have the potential to really pop with an edgier, sexier program. I think this year's short program is a far more impactful program for them, with its impressionistic feeling, but what about a long that was edgy, maybe even a little funky for next season? Something they could really enjoy performing. They looked like they were having fun in the GitUP challenge.

They need to stay away from Pasquale C's choreography, that is who did their stale Free.

Charlie White choreographed an excellent SP for them. In the past Shae-Lynn Bourne's programs have done them well.

Since they are training in Colorado Springs now, I'd love to see them work with Christopher Dean on new programs.