Alena Leonova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alena Leonova

Basil

On the Ice
She says that she wants to win everything and then takes second place at a B-event :no:

Lipea

Final Flight
I agree. I loved her SP from last season and I'm happy that She's keeping it. I am not a fan however, of her new FS. It's so immature for Lady of her caliber. She is gifted performer and I would like to see her skate to something with more depth. I wish she'd look into one of the many Opera's that are available now. In my opinion, She's a Diva and worthy of something with more substance. Save this FP for your exhibition and start over.

I think she just haven't shown her Free the way it should be. She said that the idea was: she sets a vinyl record and plays the music of her favorite songs from 50s. At one moment, in the second half of the program, the vinyl jams for a few seconds (as we heard the song stuck on one phrase) - it should be a fun moment, but she fell right on it, so she could not play it out. I hope she will be able to skate it clean this season. http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/1246-al...m-starte-znachilo-dlya-menya-ochen-mnogo.html

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope her free skate improves, she seems to enjoy skating to it (unlike her tango last year) but the music cuts are so jarring. I think she needs a better costume, too. Maybe something like a shorter poodle skirt would scream '50s more than plaid.

Still love her Chaplin and shame about the spin b/c she performs the heck out of that one!

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I'm with tulosai and enjoy both the LP and like her dress. :) It has an old-fashioned look to it, especially with the short gloves - it doesn't have to be exactly any specific era. Also, I'm more and more convinced that I simply have a very high, relative to others, tolerance level for medleys - seeing how often I outright like, or at least don't mind, medleys that bother other people.

One thing I would say, is that I'm not sure about the spin that occurs in the Jailhouse Rock section with Elvis singing - it would be better done with merely the music, I think. She should do some dancing there instead - it seemed that people had a bit of a difficulty getting into it, despite wanting to, judging by the attempt at clapping that sort of petered out.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think the FS is okay...it could grow on me like Sergei's did last season. But I'm not a fan of the vinyl skipping bit - it just makes me think her cd is skipping! It makes me nervous somehow.

Here is another new interview. She says she wants to compete until 2018 and would like to be a choreographer when she retires.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22524.html

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Alex D

Record Breaker
I met Alena now twice off ice and she is a really kind person. I do agree with the general opinion that she deserves more time in the spotlight. She always puts a lot into her programs, I agree with what Courtney Hicks said - "she is such a bubbly skater".

If the interest is there, I will try to feature her with an interview in 2016 at Nebelhorn, I could then ask Tatjana Flade - maybe we can set something up. But as always, no promises ;)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Chin up my beautiful Alena!! You still have the most beautiful SP out there :)

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Poor Alena; her coach was trying to keep her from crying in the K&C. Love her SP and her ability to perform and really engage with an audience. Excited about her FS, hope the jumps come through tomorrow.

Basil

On the Ice
I'm very disappointed. In her psychologist that is. That man should get fired. At. In front of a wall.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm very disappointed. In her psychologist that is. That man should get fired. At. In front of a wall.

:rofl: Honestly Alena has never been the most consistent LP skater but I really hope she will be able to improve as the season goes on. She is still one of my favorite Russians.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Good luck to Alena at NHK tomorrow! Really hoping she'll be able to skate the free skate the way I'm sure she wants to! :cheer:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Good luck to Alena at NHK tomorrow! Really hoping she'll be able to skate the free skate the way I'm sure she wants to! :cheer:

She was able to get silver at NHK last year. Repeating the same success would destroy Anna's chances for the GPF -unless they go 1st and 2nd- but I would be soooo happy for Alyona to do that!! She was my life source in the sport after Slutskaya's retirement. God knows how much I love her :love: