Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Whoa, I had a really weird dream about... well, I'm hesitant to say about Yuzuru Hanyu, because he was acting so utterly unlike himself in the latter half of the dream. :shocked:

He was going to do a full preview of his new programs... in my dining room. I think it wasn't open to the public and would be filmed for TV as an extension of Media Day (he was wearing the clothes he wore on Media Day), but he just decided to do it there to be nice to a big fan. I thanked him for coming, and he said he'd be starting soon and gave me a swoon-inducing smile and a polite bow. I was confused because the crew wasn't setting up any ice or anything or clearing the table out of the way. And they just weren't getting started, period, so I figured maybe it was supposed to be at a set time, and other people had been invited but just hadn't shown up yet.

...then someone brought out a karaoke machine, and Yuzu started singing random J-pop by himself. I was trying to treat him like any normal person and not approach him in any situation that I wouldn't approach some average Joe, and I wouldn't interrupt some average Joe's karaoke session. So, I was just sitting there in shock, thinking, "Who is this person acting like my dining room is his private karaoke lounge and not inviting me over, and where is our gracious, courteous, classy Yuzu!? Is he mistaking my not wanting to be an overbearing fangirl for disliking him or not wanting him here? Is he waiting for me to go over to him? Am I taking it too personally and it's not really rude for him not to want to hang out with some stranger? It can't be a language barrier, because every word we've said to each other has been in Japanese..."

Anyway, I think my in-dream confusion short-circuited my brain, because I woke up before he started the preview.

And now I feel guilty for dreaming about Yuzu being an ungracious houseguest and treating the crew like servants. :laugh: Dreams are weird.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Yesterday I had a dream where Alina landed a Quad Flip at Worlds lol

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Tuktamysheva and Samodurova skating a tango pairs program together and doing SBS 3lz+3t+2t. :scratch:

That's really funny and great to imagine! :laugh:

I dream of Yuzuru at least once a week :eek:: Last time I dreamt we were living together in a giant house on a cliff, with an ocean view, and I was playing a piano (I cannot IRL) and singing a Harry Styles song, then I stood up and walked to the terrace door to look at the ocean, still singing, and Yuzu was recording me with his phone from behind and I was not aware he was there. Then I woke up :dbana:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Last night I woke about 3 having dreamed about Origin Yuzu riding on a giant plesiosaur-type monster (all goldy-hued like his beloved medals) on a inland frozen lake in the middle of a desert much like our Australian outback.... which didn't make any sense (how the ice was there or how said monster managed the ice wasn't clear but in a dream these things don't occur to you)...

Must say he was pretty damn impressive :biggrin: Maybe there's a TV show in it, "Yuzuru and the Nessie Out of Time"

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had a dream last night that had Lorraine McNamara and Quinn Carpenter in it. I can't remember exactly what was in it. But I do remember that at one point, it was sort of a lucid dream cause I was like "Oh it's just a dream."

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
This is the last time I ever wake up from a dream about skaters and don't jump out of bed to write every detail on this thread!

Had a fairly long, extremely realistic dream about hanging out with Yuzu. It was my first ever dream in which all the dialogue was in Japanese, too, yet I barely remember any details. :sad21:

I think we were in the area around the hotel in Barcelona from Yuri on Ice, only it was real and not animated. We were walking around by that wall in front of the beach and talking about skating. He had his arm around me the whole time :)love:), and I told him that he has the most beautiful triple Axel I've ever seen. That's the only dialogue I remember, probably because I was trying so hard to phrase it perfectly. :laugh:

DenissVFan

Medalist
It wasn't about a skater but last night I had a dream that Jackie Wong was exposed for using a bot to post his play-by-plays :p

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Yesterday Papadakis and Cizeron appeared in my dream. I was walking with my son, who suddenly instead of 22 months was like 10 years old, and we were talking about the cheese I had in my hand (the round ones which weigh around 1 kg). It had a most unusual and absurd label: Gabriella and Guillaume in a sexy pose with a clouded tex saying: Dare to eat me. I took a knife (God knows why I had it with me on a walk), started to cut it into triangles and told my son that the label was a sort of demo, but if we managed to meet the couple, it would become an official label of the cheese. To my astonishment, while I was cutting the cheese, Gabriella and Guillaume, wearing their figure skating costumes and, what is even more absurd, the skates (!) passed by, said hello and asked if they could have the cheese. I offered it to them with my jaw at the height of my breast and they continued walking, or rather skating through the pavement :) This absurd situation must have affected me greatly because suddenly I woke up and started smiling in the darkness of my room :)

madforskating

On the Ice
I had a weird dream last night involving Shoma Uno. I was driving a Jeep Liberty and he was in the passenger seat. I don’t have my driver’s license yet and when I stepped on the gas pedal, the car went flying out of the parking lot and I couldn’t get it to stop; all the while, poor Shoma was just looking at me like “what’s going on?” Lol.

OK, so last night I had a dream where I met Tara Lipinski. Everything was fine until we were attacked by big colorful bird.

When I woke up I realized that the bird was probably Johnny Weir.