Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK, so last night I had a dream where I met Tara Lipinski. Everything was fine until we were attacked by big colorful bird.

When I woke up I realized that the bird was probably Johnny Weir.

:laugh2: OMG that's an hilarious image! Love it.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I had a dream last night that Plushy was coaching a Korean skater who might have been Eunsoo Lim and she was giving an interview about acclimatising to Russia.

Then Plushy was giving a behind the scenes tour of a competition or something? Either way it was very interesting.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A couple of weeks ago, my Mum had a strange dream which featured my current skating crush.

Basically, we were all going somewhere together, and were at an airport waiting to board the plane. And when the doors opened, I was trying to get to my crush to say goodbye to her, and her bodyguards wouldn't let me.

There are a few things that I thought were strange about this.

Firstly, why was I trying to say goodbye when we were going on the same flight?! :scratch:

Secondly, why did she have bodyguards?! :shocked:

Funnily enough, I had actually had a strange dream on the same night. I couldn't remember what exactly it was about come the morning, except that my crush wasn't in it.

So, how come my Mum is dreaming about her and I wasn't?! :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
CaroLiza_fan, that is tragically hilarious (in an "if I don't laugh, I'll cry out of sympathy for you" way). :drama: Hopefully next time someone in your family dreams about her, it'll be you and not your mum!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not a big dreamer, but after spending a lot of time mulling over who will be Shoma's new coach, I think it played games with my mind! I was thinking a lot about Canadian coaches. Anyway - the dream was: there was a huge snow storm, and I needed to get transportation. For some reason, Keegan Messing showed up and said in Canadian (what language is that?!:eeking:) he would lend me his car, but he warned me it broke down a lot. I was so happy I woke up, because the car broke down at least twice in a short time. It was horrible because it was snowing and I was blocking all the traffic.

Whew, that was exhausting. What a lousy night's sleep!

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
I was just reading this thread jealously a few days ago and now I finally had my own!

Last night I dreamt that I worked in HR at a university that Yuzuru was a student at and he got mail but he never actually was physically there so I was going to forward it to him and then there was this big assembly happening and he actually came and I was so excited to have a reason to talk to him to give him his mail but then NANCY (lol someone I worked with once IRL) usurped me and gave it to him instead and I was so sad. And then people realized he was there and swarmed him and I figured I lost my chance. But then I was taking my break later in an empty area and he just sits next to me! And then we just talked about a bunch of random stuff but then we heard that the assembly was moving into this room and he was like oh no! I can't take anymore people right now I'm so tired and so I said I would hide him and got this giant blanket it out of nowhere and then he curled up in the fetal position on the couch that wa there for no reason and hid under the blanket and no one noticed and when it was over he thanked me like 10,000 times and then I woke up. Lol.

icetug

Medalist
Recently I was thinking a lot about holidays (I wish spend them in the mountains) what resulted in a quite nice dream. Absolutely exhausted after several hours of high mountains hiking with my daughter I decided to go down to the nearest village. And who we met on the way? Stephane and Deniss. It was so incredible that I forgot about my usual shyness and greeted them. To my astonishment they started a long conversation and in a result invited us to stay with them to get rest. The funniest point was that I was really surprised and wanted to refuse politely while my daughter was sure that they were my good friends (like: They are skaters, so they must be your friends, right mum?) so she agreed at once. When we came to Stephane’s house, he said he had some stuff to do and left us with Deniss. I was so tired that fell asleep immediately. When I woke up, it was dark night, I was lying in bed. Then I saw Deniss, lying uncomfortably somewhere in the corner. And I was so mad on myself that I took his bed while he was the one who had to be in shape good enough to practise hard in the morning that I woke up. And now I don’t know what happened to my daughter (hope she spent nice evening with other Stephane’s students :laugh:).

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Just had one perfect dream to die for turned sheer nightmare this morning.
I was enjoying a lovely outdoor jacuzzi with Andrew Poje, very close to me. :love: He was even saying he decided to skip the practice and he did well (you can imagine how indifferent I was at this point :laugh2:)
Then this French bulldog I was dog sitting for god knows who wandered into the scene, started to take a leak right at my bike parked on the porch. :eekn: I tried to scream but I just did those fish out of the water gasping for air move typical of when you are trying to speak in a dream, as he went on to unleash this incredible jet stream power to soak the entire bike then flooded the whole porch. :devil:
I would never have thought I would have been glad to have a dream involving Andrew Poje this close suddenly interrupted when I awoke :disapp:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
So, I had this bizarre dream in which I was back in high school and had switched from mine to some school affiliated with Sambo 70. I had heard that the quality of education wasn't the best, as it was more focused on skating, dance, etc. but figured that it couldn't have been any worse than my cruddy high school, and at least there was a skating program. :laugh:

I got to homeroom, and the teacher (and thus my coach) was Eteri! I was thrilled and thought, "Hmm, maybe homeroom here won't be an utter waste of what could have been some extra sleep. If not, at the very least, I can gaze upon Eteri's beauty while my time is wasted."

The dream skipped to lunch, and I ended up sitting with some random people I didn't know and, oddly, this girl from an old college history class who I always thought looked Russian. :laugh: The boy across from me wanted to throw food at someone he didn't like, and I told him not to pick on other students and that I'd tell Eteri if he did. He suggested a food fight instead. That way everyone would be throwing food, and his enemy would end up covered in food but so would everyone else. I said I was fine with that but didn't want to participate and get in trouble. :laugh:

So, I took my lunch and ate it standing over by the trash can while my classmates engaged in food-based combat. Some teachers and coaches were walking around assessing things, and Eteri saw me chilling with my cupcake and asked what happened. I shrugged and just said some boy started a food fight... and then something flew by and knocked the frosting off my cupcake. :( Eteri offered me another one as a reward for not participating in the rowdiness, but I had already eaten most of mine plus some pasta and didn't want that many carbs, so I politely declined. Then the dream ended.

Edit 6/14: And I could not stop thinking about cupcakes all day and had to go get one. :laugh: No food fights ensued, and Eteri was nowhere to be found.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
So, I had this bizarre dream in which I was back in high school and had switched from mine to some school affiliated with Sambo 70. I had heard that the quality of education wasn't the best, as it was more focused on skating, dance, etc. but figured that it couldn't have been any worse than my cruddy high school, and at least there was a skating program. :laugh:

I got to homeroom, and the teacher (and thus my coach) was Eteri! I was thrilled and thought, "Hmm, maybe homeroom here won't be an utter waste of what could have been some extra sleep. If not, at the very least, I can gaze upon Eteri's beauty while my time is wasted."

The dream skipped to lunch, and I ended up sitting with some random people I didn't know and, oddly, this girl from an old college history class who I always thought looked Russian. :laugh: The boy across from me wanted to throw food at someone he didn't like, and I told him not to pick on other students and that I'd tell Eteri if he did. He suggested a food fight instead. That way everyone would be throwing food, and his enemy would end up covered in food but so would everyone else. I said I was fine with that but didn't want to participate and get in trouble. :laugh:

So, I took my lunch and ate it standing over by the trash can while my classmates engaged in food-based combat. Some teachers and coaches were walking around assessing things, and Eteri saw me chilling with my cupcake and asked what happened. I shrugged and just said some boy started a food fight... and then something flew by and knocked the frosting off my cupcake. :( Eteri offered me another one as a reward for not participating in the rowdiness, but I had already eaten most of mine plus some pasta and didn't want that many carbs, so I politely declined. Then the dream ended.

Edit 6/14: And I could not stop thinking about cupcakes all day and had to go get one. :laugh: No food fights ensued, and Eteri was nowhere to be found.

I love how Eteri offered you another cupcake [emoji23]

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I had a dream last night where Anna Shcherbakova landed a quad lutz tano at junior worlds, but fell on the other one (although both were huge and fully rotated). For some reason she opened with an average 2A [emoji848]. She ended up winning and beat Sasha. I remember going to check the scores and they were in a completely different format and I got confused and mad. Then I woke up and was disappointed because Anna didn’t actually win junior worlds and it’s the off season [emoji23]
I hardly ever have skating dreams for some reason...even though it’s basically what I think about 24/7 lol. And then when I end up having them they’re short [emoji849]

Country
Norway
I had a dream once that I was learning to skate by the Gjersem-twins. Before I even knew I could skate (I wasn´t sure I had practiced) I was going to do a competition infront of norwegian judges. I just remember that I was really nervous and I didn´t even know where to enter the ice, I kept asking one of the twins (Camilla) where to go, she pointed at a door. When I went trough the door I found out that I had to cross a big fence before entering the ice, which oddly enough was part of the competition, some sort of required element. I had no clue how to do it with the skates on, and in the dream I wasn´t sure what program I would do, so I remember thinking I just had to improvise. I woke up before really entering the competition, to my relief.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
I love how Eteri offered you another cupcake [emoji23]

Yeah, dream-me was quite shocked and flattered that she would bend the rules like that. It was a very, very big school, so they had a strict one-meal-per-student rule so they didn't run out of anything. I guess she figured whoever might not get a cupcake because I got an extra didn't deserve one because of the food fight. :laugh: Not sure why Sambo 70 was running such an enormous school, but it made sense in the dream.

I hardly ever have skating dreams for some reason...even though it’s basically what I think about 24/7 lol.

Same... same...

dramasocks

On the Ice
I once dreamt I was at a skating camp with Shoma Uno and we were tight, like BFFs, and as we were getting ready for practice as he leans over to tell me the secrets of life. Before he can tell me, another person suddenly appears and stares at us, so he grabs my wrist and starts running towards the rink, and I trip as I enter and suddenly wake up

So unfortunately, I never got to hear about the secrets of life according to shoma uno 😂😛

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It appears that dreams about skaters are like busses. You don’t have any for ages, and then 2 come along in less than a week!

CaroLiza_fan, that is tragically hilarious (in an "if I don't laugh, I'll cry out of sympathy for you" way). :drama: Hopefully next time someone in your family dreams about her, it'll be you and not your mum!

Never fear, my skating crush appeared in a dream I had earlier this week!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Unfortunately, I didn’t remember much of the part of the dream that she was in. :disapp: All I remember is seeing her in amongst a whole pile of other skaters that I recognised who were from various different countries, so I assume it was a competition.

The reason I didn’t remember much of the early part of the dream is because of what happened in the later part of the dream. I was sitting with my crush’s slightly-younger-but-more-accomplished team-mate backstage, and we were chatting away while she was putting her boots in her bag. And then we started kissing.

I immediately woke up, absolutely horrified. Like, I know it was only a kiss in a dream, but I felt like I had cheated on my crush. :eek: And I have felt guilty ever since.

Then, last night, I had another dream which featured a young skater who I actually know in real life. I do remember all of this one, but it is kinda hard to describe. In some ways, it was like the plot of an Indiana Jones or a James Bond film (or a Scooby Doo cartoon!) But, in a more “normal” setting. Basically, we had stumbled across something going on and had started investigating it, and there was a bad guy coming after us trying to stop us.

We were well on the way to working it all out. But, unfortunately, I woke up just as the bad guy was about to catch up with us. So, I don’t know if we got away and were able to put everything together. :bang:

Don’t you just hate it when that happens. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

hanyuufan5

Medalist
I don't remember the details of this dream well, but I think it was about Itsuki Uno (Shoma's brother) giving a presentation at my workplace's year-end progress meeting. If I remember correctly, it didn't faze me at all that he was there despite clearly not being my coworker! :laugh: So, I was watching the presentation, which was an ordinary one about (job here), until a picture of Shoma showed up in I forgot what context. It was reeeeeally hard to stay professional and not go all fangirly. :laugh:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
And another one about Shoma! In this one, he was doing a stand-up comedy routine about some characters from my favorite video game. :confused: Of all the skaters who would probably rather lick rink ice than do stand-up...

This might or might not have something to do with the fact that he's Japanese and training in Russia, and the last things I ate last night were halva and nori...

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I had a random dream the other night... I forgot some details, but I clearly remember being in a class (in a regular classroom, not a rink) and coach Mishin was the teacher. The strange part was that the class wasn't about figure skating at all... it was about economics or something like that, which is weird, because I've never even taken a class on that subject irl. :scratch2:

The only other thing I remember was that the class went on for so long that it got dark outside :laugh:

I just had a dream that I met Nathan Chen and Brian Orser in the airport and spent hours chatting with them. Nathan was in Brians camp and I was asking how he manages coaching both Yuzuru and Nathan and he replied "It is so hard". Then I informed them that Yuzuru is going to attend in 2022 Olympics. Brian was shocked and Nathan was pissed saying that "I don't know what else he wants to achieve". Then, our flights got cancelled and we went to a hotel and all three ended up in one room :scratch2: We spent hours talking behind Yuzu's back and naughtily joking about him :biggrin:

The most weird part is that I was having a parallel dream where I was talking about the first dream for my sister :confused: Oh, long night, I'm tired.