Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay weird one here. I must have been watching too many videos from an episode of “The Nightman Cometh” from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” because I had a dream that Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier we’re dressed as the characters that Dee and Dennis played in the musical in that episode. Except that they skated to a song that was played a lot at my college’s basketball games. I have no idea of what the name of it is. I know it’s kinda rock-ish. But they kept panning to the audience that was dancing along and not to their program and I was getting so mad about it.

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Just the night before of Russian Nationals I had this dream about Olympic ladies final. After short program Kamila was first with a huge point margin, Liza was second and I dont remember the third russian girl but she was already out of chance for a medal. In the free skate Kamila jumped into the barrier and was ready to contiunue and win but there was a strange rule saying if you touch the barrier during your skate, you are disqualified. So Liza was the Olympic champion and was super emotional and happy about it, that even I woke up happy.:laugh: 😂

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
In a recent dream of mine I was still at high school and one of my classmates was Yuzuru Hanyu. He was very polite and also down-to-earth. I had a huge respect for him and I was happy to have the opportunity to chat with him and ask him question about his jumps. I don't remember the details anymore.:frown:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night I dreamt I was at a gathering with a lot of peop!e, and Shoma's mother was there. I was the only person she would talk to. There was a harpsichord there, and she wanted me to play it. I was getting ready to play the harpsichord, but then I woke up. :scratch2:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've had some dreams with skaters in them, usually, if not always, with the men. But they tend to appear mostly as if they are friends of mine, not as lovers. And it's mostly just casual, friendly chats.

The first dream I ever had with a skater in it was with Yuzuru Hanyu several years ago. I was in my middle school's auditorium and he was there as well. I think I was surprised and a little nervous to see him there (as he was the skater I most wanted to see at the time), but he calmed me down and seemed like a kind person to talk to. Even though my middle school wasn't a religious school, there were also children wearing various animal costumes in the auditorium getting ready to perform in a Noah's Ark play. When the children got onto the stage, one of the children in a pig costume was struggling to get onto the stage. Yuzuru helped him out (and maybe I helped too).

Years after this dream occurs, I am debating whether to buy an all-event ticket to Skate Canada 2019. Yuzuru could be there, but the city of Kelowna seems out of the way and I would be going to back-to-back tournaments (as I had already bought tickets to Skate America that year). Would he be healthy enough to be there? Would I be able to handle that amount of traveling? I ponder this...and then I remember the kid in the pig costume from my dream. 2019 is the year of the pig in the Chinese zodiac! I buy the ticket from a fan who can't be there...and my dream of seeing Yuzuru Hanyu comes true. 😊 I really do trust in the power of my dreams. 😉

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've had some dreams with skaters in them, usually, if not always, with the men. But they tend to appear mostly as if they are friends of mine, not as lovers. And it's mostly just casual, friendly chats.
Just a quick FYI. This year's Sk Can is in Mississauga, which is in the Toronto area.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a quick FYI. This year's Sk Can is in Mississauga, which is in the Toronto area.
I noticed that when it was being announced. Toronto seems like a cool city, but Mississauga...doesn't seem interesting or friendly to public transportation at all. Plus, those condos are scary-looking, lol.

Given the fact that both Skate America and Skate Canada are quite far from me this year, I've decided to wait for GP assignments to come out and go wherever Shoma goes. Most likely France. 😁

Speaking of Shoma, I have indeed had some dreams about him. The first time I had a dream about him happened sometime between GPF 2018 and 4CC 2019. Shoma and his brother Itsuki were sitting on a bench in a park. It may have been winter and the bench may have been on top of a small hill. When I approached Shoma and realized who he was, I started teasing him about getting so many silver medals. Shoma seemed a little miffed, but I quickly apologized for the teasing and he accepted the apology surprisingly easily. Shoma also wanted me to buy a copy of a magazine that he was in and he had a copy of it on hand. It felt good to chat with both him and Itsuki. Strangely enough, that's still the only time I've seen Itsuki in my dreams.

Another time, Shoma asked me if he could ride on my back. I eagerly agreed. No, this wasn't racy at all! It was like how a child would ride on the back of a parent pretending to be a horse. Playing horse with him was actually really fun! 😆

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last night, I had a dream about one of the younger skaters that I have adopted. Except, she didn't actually appear in the dream. You see, what happened is that I received a letter from her. Not an online message; a real letter. As in written with pen and paper. (Ironic, as that is something kids of her age have probably never done!)

I don't remember anything that led up to the letter arriving. I just remember the postman arriving, and there being a letter for me. And I realised straight away who it was from because of the combination of the stamps and the writing. (Although, I still haven't figured out how on Earth a letter with the address written in Cyrillic characters managed to get to me!)

But, unfortunately, I woke up just as I was opening the envelope. So, I don't know what she was writing to me about. 😞

Back in December, I also had a dream about two older skaters that I have adopted. That was the first time in a very long time that I had a dream about skaters. And although I didn't remember much about the part that featured one of the skaters, I did remember pretty much all of the part that featured the other. I did write a post about it at the time, but then had second thoughts about posting it. Just to make clear, there wasn't any funny business going on. But I am still hesitant about telling the story.

CaroLiza_fan

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Not about other skaters, but last night I dreamed I was on the arena bench, putting on a pair of new skates. Wondering what had possessed me to buy purple suede boots. Annoyed because I hadn't put the laces in beforehand and now was laboriously starting from the toes up with each boot. My coach was already on the ice, hanging over the boards and telling me to hurry up. Finally got them laced, started to step through the gate, and saw for the first time that the right boot had a blade attached, but the left boot had inline wheels. Showed this to my coach. He was impatient because I'd already wasted part of my lesson time, and said: "So today we'll work on a one-foot step sequence. Just keep those wheels off the ice." All very real feeling.

At that point I woke up. Wondering now what current frustration in my life translated itself into boot-and-blade problems!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last night I had a dream in which I was a teenager again. To be precise, I was an exchange student (something I've never been in real life). And the funny thing is that the school I was exchanged into looked exactly the same as the school I actually went to back home! :p (My subconscious clearly isn't very creative! :laugh: )

Strictly speaking, there weren't any skaters in the dream. But, there was a girl in the class I was put into that I quickly became good friends with (and took a fancy to! ;) ). And she looked just like Evgenia Medvedeva.

The only thing I can really remember doing with her is chatting. Unfortunately, the dream then went off in a different direction, and I woke up before she had the opportunity to re-appear. So I don't know if anything developed between us.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
On the Ice
Country
Israel
Only once.
In my dream I was doing ballet practice in Petesburg (I had several stays in Petesburg because of ballet as a kid, teenager, young adult) and Kamila was in the same class as me. When I noticed she was there, I immediately moved to be next to her and talk to her, and when I did, the director immediately screamed at me to be quiet and she screamed so loudly that I woke up.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Another time I was dreaming about Rika Kihira, she had a bad competition and was so disappointed, Mie Hamada then abused her and I decided to protect her

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At least three dreams about Yuzuru and white ice dragons of very differing sizes and states of lethality. I blame One Summer's Day and Ne Zha (no, not GOT I never watched that)