Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whoa.

Maybe it's a good sign?

Think about it like this: for all we know, Kevin might be testing a telepathy machine and using it to send out dreams to all his fans to let them know he's recovering? LOL, it's kind of stupid, but...it's a lot less scary to think about than the alternative.

Hopefully! *Fingers crossed.*

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Another time I was in a fancy abandoned hotel in a war zone and all the bathrooms except one were full of dead bodies. The skating related part was that in one part of the dream, I was running up stairs and Anna P was running down them to use the only bathroom with no bodies. It was really scary and there was no blood but it was still horrifying. :no: not even a skater being in it could fix that dream.

Whatever you're on, I'd like some of that. :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just had what I think was my fifth dream with Kaitlin & Jean-Luc, lol. In this one, they had retired and were doing a TV segment on their career in which Kaitlin was telling about how, as a teenager, she was in love with Jean-Luc but he didn't like her back. I don't remember him saying anything f during the segment, and I don't remember how it ended. And I honestly don't know what made me dream that Kaitlin had/has an unrequited crush on Jean-Luc. :slink: :laugh:

I also once had a dream that the streets flooded and a giant catfish ate Josh Farris.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Okay, I finally have a little something to share.

Last night, I had a dream that Courtney Hicks asked me for last minute advice on whether or not she should attempt the 3A in a competition (not sure which one). I wasn't sure how to answer and felt on the spot, so I was like, "Uh... if you think you can land it cleanly, yeah... but if not, you might be better off sticking with elements you're more comfortable with." :laugh:

A little dull, but it's my first dream about a skater since the OP! Actually last night was really strange, I kept waking up and falling back to sleep... probably had a dozen different dreams each time. I blame the Bratislava JGP.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Okay, I finally have a little something to share.

Last night, I had a dream that Courtney Hicks asked me for last minute advice on whether or not she should attempt the 3A in a competition (not sure which one). I wasn't sure how to answer and felt on the spot, so I was like, "Uh... if you think you can land it cleanly, yeah... but if not, you might be better off sticking with elements you're more comfortable with." :laugh:

A little dull, but it's my first dream about a skater since the OP! Actually last night was really strange, I kept waking up and falling back to sleep... probably had a dozen different dreams each time. I blame the Bratislava JGP.

Lol, dull is better than flooded streets full of skater-eating catfish :laugh2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I did! But I'll elaborate.

So, I had a dream that all the streets in some random big city that doesn't exist got flooded. There was sidewalk, but not much, and some houses on it. Well, there were tons of people in the floodwater on the street, and there was a wood plank that you had to get on to get to the sidewalk. It was really hard to get onto, and a lot of people were yelling "SAVE ME!" Whenever somebody yelled "save me," this giant catfish would come up from under the street, say "save me" in a really creepy voice, and suck you off the plank into its mouth. At one point in the dream, Josh Farris was halfway on the plank (he had, like, a leg hanging off) and yelled "SAVE ME!" And the catfish came, did its creepy parroting thing, and sucked him in. That's when I woke up.

I think I've just started having really weird dreams and skaters make their way into them...

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did! But I'll elaborate.

So, I had a dream that all the streets in some random big city that doesn't exist got flooded. There was sidewalk, but not much, and some houses on it. Well, there were tons of people in the floodwater on the street, and there was a wood plank that you had to get on to get to the sidewalk. It was really hard to get onto, and a lot of people were yelling "SAVE ME!" Whenever somebody yelled "save me," this giant catfish would come up from under the street, say "save me" in a really creepy voice, and suck you off the plank into its mouth. At one point in the dream, Josh Farris was halfway on the plank (he had, like, a leg hanging off) and yelled "SAVE ME!" And the catfish came, did its creepy parroting thing, and sucked him in. That's when I woke up.

I think I've just started having really weird dreams and skaters make their way into them...like the one with the hotel full of dead people where I met Anna Pogo while running downstairs. See a previous post.

Oooooooooh.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
...I had a..."romantic", cuddly dream that included a kiss with Patrick Chan a few months ago. :laugh: God. Don't know where that came from...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just had a dream that Ksenia Stolbova and I were driving zambonies side by side on the freeway. We were definitely making ice behind us so I'm not sure why we weren't at a rink. We were arguing with each other the a lot but as soon as we finished we looked back at how nice and flat the ice was and then gave each other big hugs. Then I woke up.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Another one last night.

Involving D/F in a sword fight. (

(Well, actually, it was Brandon and a random guy sword fighting over Haven...where did that come from? :confused:)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Were you watching shows or movies with sword fights?

None. None whatsoever...:confused:

Actually, to elaborate, I was at Disneyland in the dream, and I was watching the swordfight while on a ride. And for some reason, in this dream, Disneyland was in Mexico...

Very strange dream.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I've recently had two dreams about WeaPo's FD music selections - one was to the Wicked OST, and the other to Titanic. :confused: Two of my favorite soundtracks, so part of me is really hoping they wind up using one!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I had multiple dreams about Skate America and they were all the same. :confused: that's never happened to me before.

Anyhow, in the first one, I was looking at the results online, and they were:

1. Karen Chen
2. Evgenia Medvedeva
3. Yulia Lipnitskaya
4. Satoko Miyahara
5. Gracie Gold

I didn't see any more of them, or any other discipline. This was it, and I've been going crazy trying to figure out how Mariah did in this dream! :laugh2:

Later in the same dream, I was reading a book about the Grand Prix because for some bizarre reason, this was taking place during worlds, and it was talking about Gracie. She came in 13th in her other event (which is impossible at a GP) and made the world team along with Ashley and Mirai. I was reading all this during the ladies event (not sure which segment) of Worlds.

Mirai came in 6th at worlds in this dream. The others were all in the last warmup group, but their placements were not revealed.

Is this a premonition? Will this be Mirai's year? :laugh2: after this, I actually kind of hope so! :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My dream last night was bonkers!! It played out like the Battle of Hogwarts except instead of wizards being under attack it was our current crop of skaters. To top it off it was a 100% lucid dream and I was aware the whole time that I was dreaming and could do all sorts of things like fly. I spent most of the time hovering over the battle throwing stones that the exploded at the deatheaters telling them to stay away from Julia or leave Polina alone.

Not sure how it was connected but there was an abandoned random house that felt like it had ghosts where we would all go and take breaks from the fighting. This was funny because since I knew I was dreaming I would say all sorts of oddball things to the skaters. I remember telling Gracie that she needs to change her SP to the Family Fued theme song and some pairs team that if they skating in wooden skates they would likely see huge increases in their PCS marks.

Zhenia, Sima, and Julia were all playing poker and they were talking and I understood them but oddly enough could never hear them. I guess my imagination is listed in this capacity and refuses to invent its own version of the beautiful Russian language. What's funny is I've had a few Zhenia and me playing poker games for some reason and she never talks to me but we always communicate. I love dreams. I'm goofy enough in real life so my dreams are just a free trip to mental adventureland.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I had a dream that I went to Stars on Ice and all I remember was:

A) McNamara & Carpenter were there and did their Mountain Troll program; and
B) Kayne/O'shea were there and for some reason Tarah was skating in a wedding dress. :confused:

:laugh2: I honestly have NO idea where that came from.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I had a dream that I went to Stars on Ice and all I remember was:

A) McNamara & Carpenter were there and did their Mountain Troll program; and
B) Kayne/O'shea were there and for some reason Tarah was skating in a wedding dress. :confused:

:laugh2: I honestly have NO idea where that came from.

I do. It was because so many of the Senior Ice Dance girls were wearing white dresses for their SD at the Lombardia Trophy yesterday.

And because, when Maria Stavitskaya turned up in a white dress yesterday, I started teasing sabinfire about him proposing to her a couple of months ago.

OK, so it was the Pairs girl that was wearing a wedding dress in your dream. But, when making up dreams, the mind takes something for inspiration, and then twists it and mixes it up!

Hence, you ended up with a Pairs skater in a white dress instead of an Ice Dancer.

Well, that's my theory about those dreams, anyway!

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
I do. It was because so many of the Senior Ice Dance girls were wearing white dresses for their SD at the Lombardia Trophy yesterday.

And because, when Maria Stavitskaya turned up in a white dress yesterday, I started teasing sabinfire about him proposing to her a couple of months ago.

OK, so it was the Pairs girl that was wearing a wedding dress in your dream. But, when making up dreams, the mind takes something for inspiration, and then twists it and mixes it up!

Hence, you ended up with a Pairs skater in a white dress instead of an Ice Dancer.

Well, that's my theory about those dreams, anyway!

CaroLiza_fan

That is a viable solution, but I never read the thread that was in...:confused: (I did not watch Lombardia, though I checked the results.)

Unless it was a premonition, I have no idea what it meant.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I had a dream about worlds, and I was looking at the protocols of the top 5 in the SP... all I remember was Pogorilaya winning, Asada in 4th, and something with Shen Xue. :slink: