Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I once had a dream about Gracie Gold, it was a really weird one. We were walking through a forest and stayed the night over in a little cabin. Someone or something kept knocking on the door, so that we couldn't sleep all night. :rolleye:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I had a dream which involved skaters, the lines 'And then Jeremy Abbott was possessed by aliens' and 'I kill people for a living.', and some weird reenactment of the Sabena flight disaster with Russia's JGP Croatia team....

(I have some really morbid dreams. Sorry.)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the last few nights I had dreams related to skating. Two nights in a row I had dreams that some skaters' scores in the Nebelhorn Trophy and the JGP Torun would be a little low. And then last night for some reason, I had a dream that the JGP Croatia was canceled for some reason and people started complaining that Sima would now not make the JGPF because of that. LOLOLOL.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
At least you don't dream of morbid stuff, cheerknithanson... although my JGP Croatia dream bit could be the reason behind your JGP Croatia cancellation dream? :scratch:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At least you don't dream of morbid stuff, cheerknithanson... although my JGP Croatia dream bit could be the reason behind your JGP Croatia cancellation dream? :scratch:

Maybe it's because I saw that the entry lists for mens for that event are not very "threatening."

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I've had dreams about my former skating days. I've watched myself skate and woke up feeling totally elated just like I used to feel when I was a figure skater.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I had a really strange dream last night.

My parents and I were at the funeral of somebody who was connected to my Aunt (I don't know who the girl was, but she was young – in her 20's).

Anyway, we arrived at the funeral home – it was an inconspicuous looking building. But, when we went inside, we found that it actually had a large auditorium extending underground. And at the bottom of it was a small ice rink. And I was thinking "What's going on here?!"

Anyway, we sat down. Then some guy walked past and I thought "Is that...?! Oh my goodness, it is!!!" Unfortunately, I don't actually remember who he was, except that he was a Canadian skater. Next thing I know, I spot Elladj Baldé walking down the stairs, and I go and have a chat with him.

After he leaves, it suddenly hits me that I just missed an opportunity to an autograph off him. But, for once, I didn't have a pen or paper with me. Then I realised that he could have signed the CaroLiza_fan T-shirt I had made on holidays last year, which (just by chance) I was wearing underneath. But that would have required a permanent marker, and who carries one of those around with them all the time?! (Not me, anyway!)

Then I remembered that there was a shop at the top of the auditorium. So I went up there, and I was a bit hesitant about going in, because the shopkeeper and the guy he was talking to looked really dodgy! But, eventually I did, and when I saw the prices I near died myself! The shopkeeper was definitely taking advantage of having a captive audience! But, I found a stand with pens, and got a permanent marker.

When I came out of the shop, I could see down into the auditorium, and I saw the first skater that had walked past us, Elladj and another skater (who was also Canadian) standing alongside the ice.

So, I hurried off to the toilets to get the T-shirt off. And when I got back, I found that Elladj was just finishing his routine.

I had missed the whole show! :mad: :bang: :tantrum:

Then the funeral procession arrived, and I woke up.

I know why the dream featured my Aunt – I had been showing my Mum something on her Facebook page not long before I went to bed. But as to why Elladj and another 2 Canadian skaters were in it, I haven’t a clue! Unless it has something to do with the fact that my Aunt’s husband has relatives that live in Canada.

So, that is the first dream I have had about skaters that I have been able to tell you about. I hope you enjoyed it.

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
Somebody in the TEB thread said he/she dreamt that Elena Radionova was petting his/her cat in her Titanic dress. I thought that was amusing.

Layback11

Record Breaker
New dream: I dreamed that somebody on GS emailed me and I was freaking out because I didn't know where they got my email. :laugh2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
New one: it was my first day of high school, Rika Hongo was in my class, and then I rushed home to pack for Worlds and got on the plane and then realized I forgot all my shoes. Yeaaaaah...

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
I had an emotional dream on New Year's Day...!

I was in a classroom at school where Alexander "Sasha" Majorov's parents Irina and Alexander senior work as teachers. Irina said Alexander has fully recovered from Leukemia and is ready to come back to school, and then he entered the room with a big smile on his face. He looked very healthy, with a full head of beautiful hair. He was warmly welcomed by everyone, and I was so happy!!!

This is all I remember. When I woke up, I couldn't believe what I saw in my dream... :sad21: :yay: :luv17:

Ever since I learnt about Alexander's disease and Sasha being the donor, I've been praying for the Majorov family. I still can't believe what I saw...!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what you saw in your dream is your own kindness and compassion.

I had an emotional dream on New Year's Day...!

I was in a classroom at school where Alexander "Sasha" Majorov's parents Irina and Alexander senior work as teachers. Irina said Alexander has fully recovered from Leukemia and is ready to come back to school, and then he entered the room with a big smile on his face. He looked very healthy, with a full head of beautiful hair. He was warmly welcomed by everyone, and I was so happy!!!

This is all I remember. When I woke up, I couldn't believe what I saw in my dream... :sad21: :yay: :luv17:

Ever since I learnt about Alexander's disease and Sasha being the donor, I've been praying for the Majorov family. I still can't believe what I saw...!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Weird...you should write that! :dance3:

I still have to finish Yuna/Mao country-swap, 1000 Programs To Watch Before You Die, and other things.

(But, ideas! Everything is the same up until 2012-2013, when Hanyu's COC collision happens two seasons earlier. And Gachinski starts regaining steam in time for Sochi. That's the plot.)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't had any skating dreams in the past few months....maybe once nationals happen, it'll come.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I read some of your dreams and I could not stop laughing at some and a few brought tears! I really have to share these dreams. I had two, one during the Japanese championship and the other one sometimes ago! I was skating in the USA nationals with Gracie Gold and Ashley and I got a medal (4th). I could have won but I could only do doubles, so I ended up fourth. The recent dream was one I was skating for my country in the Grand Prix and won. I beat Lena to take the crown. The frustrating thing was that I never saw myself skate and I kept wondering in the dream how I won if I couldn't remember skating in the competition!

PS:

I have never skated in my life (#to do list), never been to an ice rink or watched any skating competition live! :palmf:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I dreamed that I want to the mall and they were selling a doll version of Adelina Sotnikova, complete with miniature versions of her costumes (the doll was wearing her samba one in the window display and it was mentioned that they had her FS costume for sale as well).

I collect dolls so if that was real, I would've snatched that up within two seconds of it going up for sale. :laugh2:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I had an epic marathon dreaming session last night, with at least 2 or 3 skaters (and other random people)... but the one that sticks out most to me is Maria Stavitskaya. I suppose the dreams were inspired by her recent Instagram pics (since her hairstyle in the dream resembled this one):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAVPFyhwwp1/

I'd share more details about the dream, but I (as others) believe that dreams are the royal road to the unconscious... so I'd prefer to keep this odd one to myself. :sarcasm:

(She's still skating... https://www.instagram.com/p/BAcfdjCQwiL/ But will we see her in comp next season?)