Team Spain | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Team Spain

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Wow! Raya! Really hope his 4T. Wish him and Spain team the best of luck this season! Go! :cheer:
About Brian, we should count the times when he’ll appear on K&C this season! Probably he’s No.1!

And sorry, if I missed the information, Javi (Fernandez) has come back to Toronto? And his first competition is JO?

He posted a pic on IG yesterday with a couple of young Canadian skaters, so I assume he's in Toronto already? But he's going to be one of the Ambassadors for the European Sports' Week (September 7 -13), so I guess he'll only stay for a few days, go back to Spain, and then go back to Toronto.

And yes, his first competition will be JO :yes:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thanks @xibsuarz for information:yes:. Just hope his health. It must be hard to move such a long distance so often. His contribution and dedication to figure skate and other areas both in his mother country and worldwide is wonderful! Our great World and European champion:cheer2:.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Okay I may have exaggerated the quarrel part but they had a terrible competition (mistakes in both programs) and their KnC moments did not look good.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am so terribly sorry about this. I wish they had at least finished this season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm so, so disappointed.... I was waiting to see their improved programs, and now I'm never gonna see it again :cry:

Saralala

Rinkside
Hi there!
I'm showing up here because there is a started initiative on Change.org related to spanish figure skaters.
As you would know, we have several senior Spain team skaters training abroad (most of them in Canada).
Their situation is far from being the most desirable for them, since they are in Canada with a tourist visa they have to renew every 6 months and prevents them access to the National Health Care System or rent an apartment.

With this initiative we are trying to gather signatures to change this unfair situation and we will be very grateful if you join us and give your support by signing this request.
Help us to help our skaters :agree:
Here's the link, you will find the english translation of the petition just below the spanish text.

https://www.change.org/p/consejo-su...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

tzazu

Medalist
Hi there!
I'm showing up here because there is a started initiative on Change.org related to spanish figure skaters.
As you would know, we have several senior Spain team skaters training abroad (most of them in Canada).
Their situation is far from being the most desirable for them, since they are in Canada with a tourist visa they have to renew every 6 months and prevents them access to the National Health Care System or rent an apartment.

With this initiative we are trying to gather signatures to change this unfair situation and we will be very grateful if you join us and give your support by signing this request.
Help us to help our skaters :agree:
Here's the link, you will find the english translation of the petition just below the spanish text.

https://www.change.org/p/consejo-su...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Done!:agree:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that I have finally posted the first half of Javier Raya's mini Fan Fest, within the Team Spain thread:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55343-Team-Spain&p=1210445&viewfull=1#post1210445

Please let me know if you find any mistakes, or dud links. I started making out the table over a month ago, and when I came back to it this week, I found that during that time away, the FFSG have taken down a lot of the old Entry / Results pages for the Coupe de Nice. :mad: (So much for Didier doing nice things whilst on the campaign trail!) So, there might be others that have disappeared that I didn't notice.

Also, there were quite a few competitions that were on Javi's FMDI Profile that I could not find any trace of elsewhere. So, apologies for not being able to put in links to results for them.

Over the next day or so (i.e. before the NHK starts), I am going to concentrate on working out my predictions for the NHK, and making a start on Anna Dušková's Fan Fest (I want to make sure it is up before she competes at the GP Final). So the videos and articles sections for Javi will come later on.

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thats great!! we all know how Javier tried so hard for it, congratulations to both! :hap10: and thanks CaroLiza_fan for Javier's OP! :yahoo:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Javier Raya & Sonia Lafuente have achieved the minium for the WC at Open d'Andorra :hap10: Congrats to both of them :clapper:

Indeed! It will be good to see Sonia and the 2 Javi's in Boston (assuming that Marta doesn't upstage Sonia between now and then, of course...)

Right, I'll go and update Sonia's OP now to include these scores (and any other results from this season), while it's in my head!

Come to think of it, I would need to do the same for Marta, because I think she was competing recently as well.

It's so hard to keep up with all these children! :laugh:

thats great!! we all know how Javier tried so hard for it, congratulations to both! :hap10: and thanks CaroLiza_fan for Javier's OP! :yahoo:

You're welcome, matmuh!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Mmmm. Interesting.

So, they will be representing Spain.

On the one hand I'm delighted that Spain will potentially now have 2 good Dance couples. But, at the same time, it is a shame to see the British field become smaller. Like, it's not as if we have many Dance couples.

All the best to Olivia and Adria.

CaroLiza_fan