Team Spain

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Mmmm. Interesting.

So, they will be representing Spain.

On the one hand I'm delighted that Spain will potentially now have 2 good Dance couples. But, at the same time, it is a shame to see the British field become smaller. Like, it's not as if we have many Dance couples.

All the best to Olivia and Adria.

CaroLiza_fan

I think the same, but at Spain they have a chance to be National Champions at least, I guess it would be more difficult to win a title in GB with Penny Coomes/Nicholas Buckland competing.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For those who may have missed Spanish Championships 2015-16 on TV, the whole thing is on youtube:

Videos of the whole competition:

Day 1 of Nationals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWTGUIGhaw

Day 2 of Nationals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It4LamNNcyQ
SCHEDULE

Previsión de horarios para el campeonato de España

HORARIO COMPETICIÓN SÁBADO 19 DICIEMBRE (PROG.CORTO)

8:00 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 1
8:36 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 2
9:12 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 3
9:54 PASE DE MÁQUINA
10:10 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 4
10:52 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 5
11:34 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 6
12:16 PASE DE MÁQUINA
12:30 Junior 1ª Femenino Grupo 1
13:06 Junior 1ª Femenino Grupo 2
13:42 Junior 1ª Femenino Grupo 3
14:18 PASE DE MÁQUINA
SESION TARDE
14:58 Novice Advanced Masculino
15:28 Junior 1ª Masculino
16:10 Senior 1ª Femenino/Senior 1ª Masculino
17:01 Danza Junior 1ª/ Danza Senior1ª
17:19 Parejas Junior 1ª/ Parejas Senior 1ª
17:37 EQUIPO SINCRONIZADO JUNIOR
17:49 EQUIPO SINCRONIZADO SENIOR
18:01 PASE DE MÁQUINA

HORARIO COMPETICIÓN DOMINGO 20 DICIEMBRE (PROG.LARGO)

8:00 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 1
8:42 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 2
9:24 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 3
10:06 PASE DE MÁQUINA
10:20 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 4
11:02 Novice Advanced Femenino Grupo 5
11:44 Novice Advanced Masclino
12:14 PASE DE MÁQUINA
12:30 Junior 1ª Femenino Grupo 1
13:06 Junior 1ª Femenino Grupo 2
13:42 Junior 1ª Femenino Grupo 3
14:18 PASE DE MÁQUINA
SESION TARDE
15:00 Junior 1ªMasculino
15:42 Senior 1ª Femenino/Senior 1ª Masculino
16:18 Parejas Junior 1ª/ Parejas Senior 1ª
16:36 PASE DE MÁQUINA
16:50 Danza Junior 1ª/ Danza Senior1ª
17:08 EQUIPO SINCRONIZADO NOVICE ADVANCED
17:20 EQUIPO SINCRONIZADO JUNIOR
17:32 EQUIPO SINCRONIZADO SENIOR
17:44 ENTREGA DE PREMIOS
CLAUSURA CAMPEONATO DIA 20
19:00 GALA EXHIBICIÓN DE CLAUSURA

RESULTS AND PROTOCOLS HERE:
http://www.fedhielo.com/resultados-patinaje-artistico/

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I've just seen in twiter that the spanish ice federation is sending just one dance couple to europeans and worlds. Those who win the national championship will go to the europeans, and the couple with the highest marks in the SP in an ISU competition will go to worlds.
I guess be are going to see a great competition between olivia/adria & sara/kiril

sigrid

On the Ice
Auction/Crowfunding to help the Team Spain

Hello Everybody!

I'm posting here (hope it's the correct subforum) to let you know that there's an auction and a crowdfunding open now to support the Spanish Senior Skaters: Javier Raya, Felipe Montoya, Sonia Lafuente, Valentina Matos, Marta Garcia, Sara Hurtado/Kirill Khaliavin, Olivia Smart/Adria Diaz, Celia Robledo/Luis Fenero, Artiz Maestu/Laura Barquero, and the Synchro Team Fusion.

You may know that Figure skating isn't a big sport in Spain, and that's the reason why it's not receiving the same gobvernmental help than other sports. Spanish Skaters have been searching different ways to fund their trainings, especially those who train abroad, with more or less success. So this has been created in an attempt to help them.

Our skaters have donated more than one hundred items for the auction, and even Javier Fernandez has donated some to help his teammates.

Here's the link to the page: http://subastas.doctorpatin.com/ If you scroll down you can see all the items with open bids. Many more will appear gradually in the site during the next weeks. You also have the option to buy the items instead bidding.
Alternatively you can help with the crowdfunding here: http://subastas.doctorpatin.com/donar/ You can bid, buy and donate from every country of the world.

Let's hope this works well and our skaters can continue working under better conditions.
Thanks a lot for your attention!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I added the crowdfunding link to the OP! Thanks @sigrid for telling us about the auction, too.

blancanieves

On the Ice
Moved this over from the Hurtado/Khaliavin thread.

http://www.fedhielo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Informe-Comite-tecnico_Danza_25_17.pdf

According to the official statement from FEDH, the committee considers a TES difference of 0.10 to be a tie, its reasoning being that if one judge had given one element one higher GOE point to S/D, they would have had a TES of 35.72, whereas if one judge had given one element one lesser GOE point to H/K, they would have had a TES of 35.50. Because the GOE of only one judge could have an effect of +/- 0.20 on a score, the scores should be considered equal. Therefore, the committee looked at the FD TES, which was the tiebreaker, and here S/D have a clearly higher score for the season. The committee also took into account that S/D have posted a greater total score this season.

Bleh. Sorry for Sara and Kirill. You had a wonderful debut season and accomplished a lot in a very short amount of time. Keep working hard and come out guns blazing in the fall! And now we know that FEDH does not consider "tie" to mean literally equal! And maybe next season, FEDH should send ALL THREE TEAMS to the SAME INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION for more objective evaluations!

I think this is an unfortunate decision, and right or wrong, it gives the appearance of bias. While both teams have potential, neither has proven itself more reliable than the other. The proper way to assess them was in head-to-head competition. If their performances at Nationals were not to count, then the FEDH should have sent H/K to the Bavarian Open along with S/D. What was the point of sending Robledo/Fenero when the race was between H/K and S/D?

After-the-fact rationalization about what constitutes a tie is weak reasoning, when in the real world of skating, rankings and medals are decided by the exact .1 margin the FEDH is trying to dispute. Or even less! Weaver/Poje lost the 2014 Worlds gold to Cappellini/Lanotte by .02 points.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
I don’t like the decision the Spanish fed just made about the ice dancing team but I wouldn’t say this is the worst decision ever, for two reasons:
- After what happened in the world in 2016 (I mean the real world), it is difficult to raise that bar… This one is nowhere near those ones.
- But mostly, because I actually like Smart/Díaz. I wish them the best and I will cheer for them as much as I will cheer for any other Spanish team to make their best.

But I will not cheer for the Spanish Federation, not this time. I really hope that, after Worlds, they make better rules to select the skaters they send to competitions because Team Spain is going to keep growing, we are going to face this problem more and more often and there is a real risk of loosing good teams and skaters. There will be a time for this debate but, right now, all I want to say is:
- Keep working Sara and Kirill! I’m looking forward to seeing you in international competitions again! I'm really sorry for this.
- Keep working Celia and Luis! I have the feeling that, in a couple of years, all this Sara-Adri controversy will be over because you are going to be the leading team.
- Keep working Olivia and Adri! You have all our support at Worlds! Go for it!

blancanieves

On the Ice
I don’t like the decision the Spanish fed just made about the ice dancing team but I wouldn’t say this is the worst decision ever

It doesn't need to be the worst ever to still be wrong, but I agree that fans shouldn't vilify any of the skaters. It was the FEDH that chose to circumvent its own self-established qualification rules.

Beyond the disappointment of the last minute switcheroo, though, the bigger issue for H/K is that by not competing at Worlds they lose a chance to try to get into the Top 24 SB, and potentially be in the mix for a GP assignment next season.

tzazu

Medalist
The FEDH has announced the selection criteria for the WOG. 1st spot for the men automatically goes to Javi; ladies, pairs and second man let's see (they will have to qualified in Nebelhorn), and the spot for ID is for the couple that reach the best puntuation in the Nationals and Golden Spin together. If Hurtado/Khaliavin and Smart/Díaz resolve their citizenship issues, if not, I suppose the spot will go to Robledo/Fenero

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWHiTDvlZut/

Andrea82

Medalist
Golden Spin will serve as stage 1 of Olympic qualification for Ice Dance teams and second man. Scores earned there will be summed with those of Nationals

Short Dance

1) Hurtado/Khaliavin 67.14
2) Smart/Diaz 63.12
3) Robledo/Fenero 52.98