Johnny Weir | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir

Plumededragon

Medalist
Also, some news: Johnny will skate to a new program in Kanazawa and Kobe in collaboration with beautiful and amazing singer Sarah Ailann to “You Raise Me Up” (she has done FaOI last year as well).:biggrin:
According to the website, Kobe show will be broadcast on July 11.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
'To Russia With Love' is also on Netflix in the US. Definitely worth a watch.

Thanks for the info about the Kobe show, Plumededragon. I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't really like "Creep" (I loved Johnny's ex programs last summer, but this one just didn't do for me). So I'm glad to hear he will do something different.

Plumededragon

Medalist
'To Russia With Love' is also on Netflix in the US. Definitely worth a watch.

Thanks for the info about the Kobe show, Plumededragon. I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't really like "Creep" (I loved Johnny's ex programs last summer, but this one just didn't do for me). So I'm glad to hear he will do something different.
I liked Creep, but for some people who didn't, it seems like the problem was mostly with the singer and/or the way she sings the song. Something I can understand. For exemple, I love Yuzuru but I really dislike his old EX on JBeiber a few years back because I can't stand that guy. It sounds silly, but I can't help it, lol! :laugh:
Or maybe it's just the program itself that is simply not to your taste. We all have different tastes, after all. ;)

But yes, I'm looking foward to that work as well. He will do "Carmen" as well. I did vote for this program when he gave us the choice to vote for the music last year, but at the same time I was worried about how it would turn out since Carmen has been used many times before. But it's great how he managed to surprise again. :love:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I liked Creep, but for some people who didn't, it seems like the problem was mostly with the singer and/or the way she sings the song. Something I can understand. For exemple, I love Yuzuru but I really dislike his old EX on JBeiber a few years back because I can't stand that guy. It sounds silly, but I can't help it, lol! :laugh:

Yes, that's probably it. Though I didn't like the original "Creep" either. I seem to just have issues with "mopey sadsack" lyrics in general, lol. I'm guessing Sarah is doing the Josh Groban song? I do like her voice and that song is pretty much the opposite end of the spectrum, so it sounds intriguing.

Bieber isn't my cup of tea either, but somehow young Yuzuru skating to his music was endearing to me.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
A little belated, but Happy Birthday Johhnny! Dance :laugh:
I've watched it 5 times and still ca'nt get enough! Love both of them :love:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Happy Bday to my Dear Джонни!
Can't wait to see him live finally in the Snow King this autumn:cheer:
You're an inspiration, дорогой мой Джонник!:cheer2: The world needs more ppl like you :love:
(although I do laugh @ some of his fashion choices:popcorn:)!

CBC will be airing the political documentary 'To Russia With Love' this Thursday 6/25, at 8pm EST.
haha even Johnny wouldnt have made me watch US media (not that its available anyway):laugh:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
haha even Johnny wouldnt have made me watch US media (not that its available anyway):laugh:

I haven't seen the documentary yet, but it was written/directed by a Canadian, and CBC (in my TV alert) is a Canadian network.

Spiral

Final Flight
Wishing a happy birthday to Johnny and good luck in all his endeavors! :hb: :dance:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Happy birthday Johnny!

I saw on his Instagram a few days ago that he was practicing throw 3As again. Would he do that if he wasn't planning another pairs program, maybe for Artistry on Ice again? I hope so anyway (although he was pretty bruised up).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
After the Japan shows a spectator's opinion:

Among the retired skaters Johnny stood out. He was in the excellent physical form, sparkling, speedy, full of character and creation. :yes:

Plumededragon

Medalist
So proud of my sunshine! :love: On the last show of Kobe none the less.^^ Maybe he'll do it during AOI too.

He, Stéphane and Javi have arrived safetly in Taipei and seem in good shape^^: https://instagram.com/p/4wq3SjhhX4
Plus bonus fan art of their arrival, lol! https://instagram.com/p/4wxsFCN93-/ so cute^^

After the Japan shows a spectator's opinion:
Among the retired skaters Johnny stood out. He was in the excellent physical form, sparkling, speedy, full of character and creation. :yes:

Not surprised here, hehehehe
:p I can't wait for the videos! 6 days to go!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am sure the Chinese audiences will expect to see some pairs action with Johnny. :) They seemed to love the "Farewell, My Concubine" program last year.

Does anyone know where I could watch season 2 episodes of "Be Good Johnny Weir"? I was thinking about it today, because I remember in the first couple episodes he was talking about wanting to put together his own ice show in the US, a unique show that would have Lady Gaga and acrobats and whatnot...but I don't know what ever happened to that, and I can't find the rest of the episodes online. Did he just get discouraged because of all the money and work that would need to be invested? I still hope he will get to headline a show here someday.

Matilda

Medalist
Well hello Johnny fan thread! Thank you for starting this! :cheer:

I've been enjoying Johnny and Tomas's shenanigans in Japan. Those two have so much fun together. In addition to what was posted above, this is golden: https://instagram.com/p/4lR9tEhhYr/

Many of my favorite programs by Johnny have already been posted, but here are a few more:
Heartbroken at Skate for Hope 2010. This was a few days after his grandfather had passed away and he dedicated the performance to his memory: http://youtu.be/cogfueUWP0I

Fallen Angel with Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukov from 2007: http://youtu.be/_N0_DeGtmLg

Johnny's amazing Gala performance to My Way from the Torino Olympics. This program represents everything I love about Johnny: his musicality, beautiful, perfectly executed jumps (the entry into 3Lz is excellent, and this was before the system really emphasized difficult jump entires), effortless skating, and fantastic spins. And of course, the fact that he always does it his way :) http://youtu.be/noyoi5HC3-Y
Yunona y Avos ex from CoR 2004/05 : http://youtu.be/VfC87DNtSLU

There's more, but I'll stop there for now :biggrin:

From what I hear from Japan, he is indeed in great shape. In addition to the Th3A I hear he's done a 3-3 and a 3-3-2 combo in some of his programs (not sure which--I hope we wil eventually get video!) Can't wait to see what he'll do in AoI!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Ice Show (Fantasy on Ice 2015 in KOBE, JAPAN) July 4,5
"You Raise Me Up" with Sarah Alainn
http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51926474.html

I was waiting the video of You Raise Me Up would be uploaded.. But camera work was terrible and rough:hopelessness:. Further I can’t get it put well. Upper video is “You Raise Me Up”.
I hope anyone will know about the better video.

I saw this program live at another FaOI in Kanazawa. When Johnny appeared in Sarah’s beautiful and pure voice, tears suddenly came to my eyes.. I can’t forget the beauty at that moment. I heard many audience cried to see him. The costume was chic and lovely and Johnny’s tender and soft skating was out of this world.. His expression was peaceful as well as passionate… To see him, I know well about his personality. How much tough things he had and he had overcome them… I love Johnny:cry:..

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ice Show (Fantasy on Ice 2015 in KOBE, JAPAN) July 4,5
"You Raise Me Up" with Sarah Alainn
http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51926474.html

I was waiting the video of You Raise Me Up would be uploaded.. But camera work was terrible and rough:hopelessness:. Further I can’t get it put well. Upper video is “You Raise Me Up”.
I hope anyone will know about the better video.

I saw this program live at another FaOI in Kanazawa. When Johnny appeared in Sarah’s beautiful and pure voice, tears suddenly came to my eyes.. I can’t forget the beauty at that moment. I heard many audience cried to see him. The costume was chic and lovely and Johnny’s tender and soft skating was out of this world.. His expression was peaceful as well as passionate… To see him, I know well about his personality. How much tough things he had and he had overcome them… I love Johnny:cry:..

I don't think there is an alternative version of the broadcast, unfortunately. The camera angles are pretty bad. I don't know why camerawork is so bad at many ice shows and competititions...it's definitely frustrating. But did you try changing the video quality to HD?

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the shows you went to...we never get shows like this in the US any more, since Champions on Ice ceased to exist. :no:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thank you for sharing your impressions of the shows you went to...we never get shows like this in the US any more, since Champions on Ice ceased to exist. :no:

It’s a pity:no:… Johnny at shows was just shining. I was overwhelmed by Carmen. The woman next to me was local person who’d never been to see figure skate live. I asked her about who was the most impressive skater. She replied right away “Johnny”, although many great skaters were there (2 olympics gold medalists, other than those, 6 world gold medalists). He has something special to attract people..

Last edited: