Shiyue Wang & Xinyu Liu | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Shiyue Wang & Xinyu Liu

Nachi

On the Ice
It doesn't seem like they are very famous but they now have a place in my heart! I just watched their gala performance...so beautiful! Maybe I'm a little biased because I love the novel this story is based on so much. But their movements all fit so well. I almost teared up :').

cuiniel

Rinkside
They've improved enormously over the last year and are placing higher, so hopefully they'll have more exposure and become more popular! I really enjoy their programs, and have been waiting for an ice dance team to do a program to Chinese music (that's not Butterfly Lovers or a Zhang Yimou movie soundtrack) for ages — and they delivered!

HoneyBear

On the Ice
They've improved enormously over the last year and are placing higher, so hopefully they'll have more exposure and become more popular! I really enjoy their programs, and have been waiting for an ice dance team to do a program to Chinese music (that's not Butterfly Lovers or a Zhang Yimou movie soundtrack) for ages — and they delivered!

They've done Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon before (which is neither Butterfly Lovers nor a Zhang Yimou movie soundtrack), as a competition program.
Well, to be honest not a fan of the exhibition number, largely because I'm so not a fan of the novel or the tv series, but who cares it's only an exhibition program. And it's good if it draws the attention of people who might not be previously interested in ice dancing or figure skaitng in general. And they are making great progress this season so I'm not complaining!

Nachi

On the Ice
Awww! They chose it again for 4CC gala ♥o♥! This time without the headbands but they once again looked so beautiful and in general I was so happy that they placed 4th this time. They improved so much! I want more of them :D!

Nachi

On the Ice
Just watched their beautiful FD. It's so nice to see how they improved ^^. But the necklace...I think I already saw it somewhere else xD.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sign me up as a fan of Wang and Liu! I just love their RD and they've really got something :)

I'm very much looking forward to their progress and hope the Beijing Olympics are in their future!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing this team (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Ice Academy of Montreal's post about the 11 teams from their school who are participating in the Olympics including Shiyue & Xinyu, who have nicknames Luna and Leo at IAM. Scroll down to see interesting facts about the team, and good photos!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
In addition to their skating merits, Shiyue Wang and Xinyu Liu have been perfect hosts in China, with particular mention to their kindness towards Yuzuru Hanyu.
They queued probably hours to get him a Bing Dwen Dwen mascot and on the occasion of giving it to him, and following a long standing tradition (five previous times, among which at 4CC 2020, left photo), Xinyu Liu lifted Yuzuru Hanyu off-ice:

Then during the Gala Practice Xinyu Liu lifted him on ice for the first time: