Russian National Team for 2015-16 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Russian National Team for 2015-16

Country
Russia
In the case of Misha Ge, I believe he does have some family ties in Uzbekistan on his mother's side although he hasn't lived there. So glad to hear you enjoy his skating! I have been a fan of his for a while and enjoy his joy and passion. It was so exciting this year to see him move up in the ranks!

Other skaters who switched from Russia to other countries include:
Igor Pashkevich, who skated for Russia then for Azerbaijan
Sergei Davydov, who skated for Russia then for Belarus
Alexander Majorov, who was born in St. Petersburg but skates for Sweden
Elizabet Tursynbayeva, who was born in Moscow but skates for Kazahkstan
Also Elene Gedevanishvili who was born in Georgia, at 2000-2006 (being 10-16 years old) practiced in Russia (coach Vodorezova), after that skates for Georgia.

Country
Russia
I agree I think it is just the candidates, not the final list.
No, "candidates" is the official name for members of Russian National Team.

See list of 2014/2015 Season http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/RUteam1415.pdf
We see the title "List of candidates to sports united teams of Russian Federation on Figure Skating".

It means that teams for Euro, Worlds etc will be formed of these candidates at most.

In fact http://fsrussia.ru/news/1080-sostav-sbornoj-rossii-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-na-sezon-2015-2016.html - only Senor part of Team Russia (both main part and reserve), also will be Junior Team and "Boys, Girls" Team.

Country
Russia
Full list of National team http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/RUteam1516.pdf
(Russian).

Seniors:
Main Team.
Pairs: Astakhova/Rogonov, Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov

Men: Voronov, Kovtun, Menshov, Pitkeev

Ladies: Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva

Ice Dance: Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Monko/Khaliavin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin, Yanovskaya/Mozgov

Reserve Team.
Pairs: Bazarova/Deputat, Vygalova/Zakroev, Davankova/Enbert, Zabiyako/Larionov, Fedorova/Miroshkin, Solovyova/Kudryavtsev, Ivan Bich (with no female partner)

Men: Gachinski, Gorshkov, Kvitelashvili, Kolyada, Kurbanov, Lazukin, Plushenko, Shulepov

Ladies: Artemieva, Leonova

Ice Dance: Kosygina/Moroshkin, Sosnitskaia/Golovishnikov

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
(Russian).

Seniors:
Main Team.
Pairs: Astakhova/Rogonov, Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov

Ice Dance: Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Monko/Khaliavin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin, Yanovskaya/Mozgov

Reserve Team.
Pairs: Bazarova/Deputat, Vygalova/Zakroev, Davankova/Enbert, Zabiyako/Larionov, Fedorova/Miroshkin, Solovyova/Kudryavtsev, Ivan Bich (with no female partner)

Men: Gachinski, Gorshkov, Kvitelashvili, Kolyada, Kurbanov, Lazukin, Plushenko, Shulepov

Ice Dance: Kosygina/Moroshkin, Monko/Khaliavin, Sosnitskaia/Golovishnikov

Everything looks about right but no Alexander Petrov? He has 2 senior GPs this season, colour me surprised, he did well this past season didn't he? Won 2 CS events and a JGP medal

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
(Russian).

Seniors:
Main Team.

Reserve Team.

Ice Dance: Kosygina/Moroshkin, Sosnitskaia/Golovishnikov
Looks about right, now that there's a differential between main and reserve teams. Maybe a bit generous for Sinitsina/Katsalapov to be on the main team, but everything else makes sense.

Country
Russia
Looks about right, now that there's a differential between main and reserve teams. Maybe a bit generous for Sinitsina/Katsalapov to be on the main team, but everything else makes sense.

Sinitsina/Katsalapov (4th at Nats) are better than Kosygina/Moroshkin (6) and Sosnitskaia/Golovishnikov (7), so why not?

They could include in Reserve team Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO (really nice skating, 5th at Nats), but did not do it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They are waiting for Zahorski's release, I suppose? I really liked them at Russian Nationals.

Country
Russia
They are waiting for Zahorski's release, I suppose? I really liked them at Russian Nationals.
Of course they are waiting.
But I can't understand how it may prevent to be in Reserve National team.
Lipnitskaia and Radionova were in Main Senior National Team being not age eligible for Senior Internationals.

chameleon

On the Ice
It makes sense that they won't give any funding to a team that at the moment can't represent them internationally at the smallest competition, but it's a little disappointing.

Amei

Record Breaker
Of coursee they are waiting.
But I can't understand how it may prevent to be in Reserve National team.
Lipnitskaia and Radionova were in Main Senior National Team being not age eligible for Senior Internationals.

More skaters are eligible now than previously.

Country
Russia
It makes sense that they won't give any funding to a team that at the moment can't represent them internationally at the smallest competition, but it's a little disappointing.

Reserve team does not mean any funding.
It may be or may be not.

More skaters are eligible now than previously.
Not so many in Russian Senior Ice Dance.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
S/k are inelgible for worlds! Better to give money to z/g who got worlds tech minimum in sd by international judging panel.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
S/k are inelgible for worlds! Better to give money to z/g who got worlds tech minimum in sd by international judging panel.

And where was that taking into consideration the fact that Z/G were not allowed to perform internationally yet?
Oh, and I didn't know you can try get minimum TES just once. :laugh2: Poor S/K are doomed - they will never get it because you told so.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Poor Leonova. No wonder Makarova didn't return; really no room for the elder statesmen so to speak. Maybe Alena can pull a Maria B but it really isn't looking great - mind you a lot of the competitors ahead of her have to deal with growth spurts

hanca

Record Breaker
Poor Leonova. No wonder Makarova didn't return; really no room for the elder statesmen so to speak. Maybe Alena can pull a Maria B but it really isn't looking great - mind you a lot of the competitors ahead of her have to deal with growth spurts

It is not about her age, it is about her not being able to deliver. When did she last time get to GPF? And that's not the fault of her federation that she doesn't deliver at her GP events...

gmyers

Record Breaker
And where was that taking into consideration the fact that Z/G were not allowed to perform internationally yet?
Oh, and I didn't know you can try get minimum TES just once. :laugh2: Poor S/K are doomed - they will never get it because you told so.

S/k failed twice at gp events and russian nationals which doesn't cout but they didn't get minimum from the international technical panel there either but z/g did the first time. Z/g have much more potential for success than s/k could ever dream even if s/k even get the sd minimum and zahorski is released.