2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I need to just phone in sick to work and hop a plane back home for this. Pretty exciting to see people I know skating against Elizabet in her senior debut. Who knows...maybe someone can make a name for themselves. ;) This event usually has videos pop up at some point right(?) because I've seen footage of Mariah skating it in the past.

This better not be like Lake Placid where I had to ask a competitor how she placed :rolleye:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
To go or not to go, that is the question.

Feeling terribly unmotivated lately. Would love to see how Osmond is coming along, though.

TrishaG

Rinkside
You don't need tickets, and there's no charge to attend! The stands can get a little full for the Senior events, so it would be wise to arrive a bit early to reserve a seat. If you go, let us know what you think!

Oh awesome! Thanks so much! I'm pretty sure I'll go then, and I will post a report of the competition if I do. Thanks for the info! :)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
It's times like this I wish I still lived in Michigan. I'd love to see how the pairs are doing. I'll even be in the area, but oh well. I'm looking forward to your report TrishaG!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
why i can't see cha jun hwan name on skate detroit 2015?:eek:

i couldnt see it today also, my best guess is they decided to withdraw and focus on JGP qualification event which will be held at August 1-2 :think:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just some info if you plan to attend :laugh: The parking can be a little sparse so allow a little time in case it takes a little while to find a space. On the bright side, there is no charge for parking and no admission.

They offer a nice snack bar/grill service at a reasonable price. I usually only get the salads but they also offer burgers and various other sandwiches. There is quite a variety of beverages - juices, flavored water, Gatorade, coffee, tea, soda, etc. The people who operate the snack bar are very nice and can frequently answer questions about the area.

In past years a printed program has been available with the schedule and competitors names for $5. It doesn't have pictures of the competitors but it is good for writing down scores.

Remember this is a rink and not an arena so most (like 98%) of the seating is bleachers. You might want to bring a blanket because if the weather is really hot/humid the rinks tend to be cold!

Also, as you enter the building you will be in a large lobby. To the left of the Snack Bar is Rink C where the Senior events are held and some of the Junior/Novice events are also held. To the right of the lobby is Rink B where most of the Junior and Novice and lower level events are held. Far beyond Rink B is Rink A which is not really meant for fans and no competitions are held in Rink A.

To anyone attending - have fun!

TrishaG

Rinkside
Thanks, MFarone! That is great to know. I never remember to think about parking, lol, and I was wondering how cold it would be in the stands.

humbaba

Final Flight
They've been streaming the practice sessions on rink C. There is a combined Novice/Jr/Sr practice streaming at the moment.

mnm464

On the Ice
It was working earlier for the combined warm-up. I don't think there is anything else going on though, that's why it's offline.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last thing "scheduled" ended at 8:40. It should pick back up tomorrow.

hohoho

On the Ice
Rink C is the practice rink tonight. Anyone there with practice reports of the Canadian ladies?