Xuehan Wang & Lei Wang | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Xuehan Wang & Lei Wang

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They'd better be sent. P/Z are clearly not ready with injury and I'm quite tired of CSA's irrational obsession with Zhang(sorry if that sounded harsh).
P/Z didn't have good season, that's true. I would give a chance to Wang/Wang too.

s_parks

Record Breaker
P/Z didn't have good season, that's true. I would give a chance to Wang/Wang too.

Okay, just saw the news. W/W but going, but Y/J were left off. WHAT. The CSA is really trying hard to be a worse fed than the French or KSU...

thoakun

Final Flight
My photos from their practice sessions at Worlds :yahoo: I hope you guys like them :agree:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/39788453@N06/tDpm77

On a superficial note, they're the most well-matched pair out of China. The 10-year age difference is not obvious and she's so well-proportioned that I'm not aware of their height difference, which often prevents me from enjoying pairs skating. She also has such a radiant face :yay:.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahh she is so lovely!! :love: i am excited to see them at TCC and hopefully they will redeem themselves :cheer:

icekiwi

On the Ice
With all the switch happening to other Chinese pairs, Wang/Wang are left intact, thank goodness! I have always loved them, her smiling radiant face is so infectious. Wang Lei is not bad either, handsome, strong and supportive. While the other new pairs are adjusting, I hope it is their turn to shine this season and prove that switching partners against their will is extremely poor judgment and can have devastating results. Couldn't wait to see their new programs and costumes. Wang and Wang can skate to anything, they have developed such a beautiful rapport with each other. I still miss their 'Singing in the rain ' lp a couple of years ago. Go Wang/Wang!! This is your breakout season !!

icekiwi

On the Ice
Could anyone here explain why Wang/Wang only has one GP assignement this year?

This means there is not a chance in the world for them to qualify for the GP final. Having seen the GP assignements for this year, it is quite clear that the Chinese Federation is putting all their eggs in one other basket called 'Hao Zhang'. I sincerely hope the first outing is going to be disastrous for Yu/Zhang. The way the Chinese Federation has shafted Wang/Wang way down the ladder and only given one GP assignment but elevated Yu/Zhang to do TEB as well as COC. It is all becoming very obvious now.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
If Sui/Han pull out of their GPs, I really hope Wang/Wang will replace them for one of them

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Could anyone here explain why Wang/Wang only has one GP assignement this year?

This means there is not a chance in the world for them to qualify for the GP final. Having seen the GP assignements for this year, it is quite clear that the Chinese Federation is putting all their eggs in one other basket called 'Hao Zhang'. I sincerely hope the first outing is going to be disastrous for Yu/Zhang. The way the Chinese Federation has shafted Wang/Wang way down the ladder and only given one GP assignment but elevated Yu/Zhang to do TEB as well as COC. It is all becoming very obvious now.

:rolleye: The TEB choice was made by the French fed, not the Chinese fed.

Indeed, the Chinese fed did not pick Wang/Wang for CoC, picking both Peng/Jin and Yu/Zhang instead of Wang/Wang, but you cannot blame them for the TEB pick.

icekiwi

On the Ice
All the best to Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei this weekend at Cup of China!!

Go and nail those jumps, Xuehan! You can do it!

I have put a Chinese sweep for the pairs in my predictions. I have faith in you guys. The chemistry and the connection is already there, so go out and nail those elements.

Shine Sparkling Diamond, Wang Xuehan! !

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Interview video of Wang/Wang

She is so sweet. They talk about their programs. She is prone to illnesses and injuries and he takes care of her on and off ice. He was asked about saving the kid from the fishing pond. He said he likes to go fishing on weekends for peace and quiet. The kid fell into the pond and he jumped in without thinking. He answered the pond was about 1.6 m deep and she said he saved her once before too. She fell from a tiny unsteady boat she was rowing. The pond was very shallow, only up to her waist but the bottom was covered with slippery moss and she kept falling and could not stand up so he saved her. :)

Last edited:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Congratulations to Wang/Wang for their first GP medal after 2 years. They have broken through!! So pleased also to see the judges awarding them proper PC scores here at NHK. Well done! And especially to Wang Xuehan who hung on and landed those jumping passes! You can tell she was so determined to not let that jumping element bring them down. She hung onto every element. Good girl, well done, Sparkling Diamond - Wang Xuehan!!

I am totally happy with these 2 programs from David Wilson, I think it suits them very well. I love the SP especially, that Sinatra jazzy piece fits their cheerful, playful personalities!! Also their costumes, Wang Xuehan's both SP and LP dresses is absolutely stunning and hot!!