Laurine Lecavelier | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The PCS was an absolute absurdity, but at least it didn't keep her from taking the gold. And she sold the blazes out of that FS again, as always. Hope she takes the 3Lz3T to Worlds!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think I'm going to avoid rockerskating from here on in. He's annoying me and not adding anything useful or pleasant to the pre-competition period.

I just want Laurine to have two good skates, SB scores and a PB placement. Fingers crossed.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The start order for the women's SP is out: if I've counted back correctly (never a sure thing where numbers are involved) Laurine skates fifth in group 6 (out of 7).
Laurine has a great spot! (I think she said once that she prefers to skate first in the group -- not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.) Anyway, hoping that she'll have a solid start to the competition. Can't wait to see her. [emoji170]

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
It looks like Laurine is planning the same jumping content as Cup of Tyrol.

SP: 3T-3T, 3Lz, 2A
FS: 3Lz-3T, 2A-3T, 3F, 3S, 2A-1Eu-2S, 3Lz, 3Lo

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Free skate made! Not Laurine's strongest day, but her strong skating skills and good interpretation, and high levels, helped to bring her through. Now she can relax for the FS. :hap10:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Given that that could not have been a comfortable couple of days for the women's field one way or another, I'm really proud of what Laurine achieved tonight and I hope she is too. She put out a solid skate, even if it did have some errors, and gave a really strong, powerful and musical performance, and picked up all Level 4s again across spins and step sequence. And in the end she placed just one spot below her best-ever result, last year. Qualified 19th in the free, finished 15th, also not to be sneezed at. She and Mae have both done fantastic work for France this season, even if they had some bobbles here and there, and I hope they keep going onward and upward next season and make the best possible use of those three places at Europeans!

:love:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:yahoo: 60+ again in the SP for Laurine tonight! If it hadn't been for that one V-level spin she'd have had a season's best score, and worthy of it too because that was maybe the best she's skated all season. Her 3T3T was solid as.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brian Joubert talks a little bit about Laurine (NOT "Loren") and training conditions in France in this intereview (thanks to LRK in the Brian Fan Fest for the link!). Unless this interview was done a while ago (ie Euros), it sounds like they might be working together a but now?

Anyway. He wants her to get her 3A out, she wants to get her 3A out, we all want her to get her 3A out...fingers crossed this season is the one!

Flagstaff

Rinkside
The interview was done back during Euros. He was never her coach, he was just here to help. Laurine was coached by Katia Krier since Dec 2018. Her new programs are ready (November, Max Richter for her SP and Chopin for the free), they are choreographed by Massimo Scali. She is having a try out with a new coach. Too early to say more.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The interview was done back during Euros. He was never her coach, he was just here to help. Laurine was coached by Katia Krier since Dec 2018. Her new programs are ready (November, Max Richter for her SP and Chopin for the free), they are choreographed by Massimo Scali. She is having a try out with a new coach. Too early to say more.

Thanks for clarifying! I wish people would post interviews when they actually do them, it would make keeping track of the details much easier... :)

I'm listening to 'November' now and it's beautiful - I can't wait to see what the program looks like. Do you mind if I put the info in the Programs by Discipline thread in The Edge?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks like Laurine has found a new coach: Lorenzo Magri posted this to Facebook just a little while ago!

She looks happy, and with two good GP assignments (IdeF and Rostelecom) I hope she has a great season. :)

Ailera

Rinkside
November for her SP is interesting... As a fan of both Laurine and Alena K (who seems to be keeping her old SP for the new season) I don't know how I feel about this haha, especially since they'll both be at IDF

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't mind at all! I think enough people have nicked Laurine's signature piece over the past couple of years (and none of them have done anything even half as good as she did with it) that it's perfectly fine for her to work with someone else's for a change, even if they're still using it. :)

A couple more cute publicity photos from Patinage Magazine, taken near Courchevel: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0llI9-IzqN/, https://www.instagram.com/p/B0liwJ8o9Ee/